DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Just saw 3/12 Stardom.

First off, I didn't think 7uppp's triple steamroller from the Triangle Derby would be topped in the same month.  Then I saw BMI 2000's Boston centipede steamroller in the triple threat tag match.  Tons of cool team moves all over this show.   Ruaka leveled up at Korakuen.  That was probably more like one o' those ones where you level up but then the bar keeps going and you level up twice.  Miyu Amasaki leveled up after 2/23 vs Yuna.  She looked nervous in a couple matches this year.

Then there was that durned insane bump Mai took off the top rope.  What the hell was that?  That was like when you're watching an old PG movie and someone drops an F-bomb out of nowhere.

Lady C with the pineapple sunglasses goes in the baby book.  That triple threat opener with Ram and Yuna was awesome.  Perfect opener. 

• Like 1

New Blood Premium Spoilers

Spoiler

1 - 131 - 1

Waka Tsukiyama won her first match in Stardom, and her second match of her entire wrestling career, by pinning Nanae Takahashi.

For the first time, Waka actually did a proper Tiger Suplex.  Afterwards, Nanae acknowledged her as a rival.

Starlight Kid and Karma (Haruka Umesaki) won the New Blood tag team championship tournament, defeating MIRAI & Tomoka Inaba.

Complete results

Spoiler

Preshow: Hanan & Hina defeated Momo Kohgo & Saya Iida and Rina & Ruaka when Hanan pinned Komomo.

1. Giulia defeated Aya Sakura
Giulia gave Sakura quite a lot in the match. Sakura was able to get her personality over in the match.

2. MaiHime def. Lady C & HANAKO after Himeka pinned HANAKO.
HANAKO is TALL. Maika tried to take her after the match, but Lady C took her away. Postmatch, Himeka offered HANAKO permission to use the JP Coaster.

3. Sexy Dynamite Princess (Mariah May) def. Super Strong Big Stardom Machine (Yuna Mizumori)
This replaced the Comomo debut. Mariah wore her regular gear with a matching mask.

4. MIRAI & Tomoka Inaba def. Ami Sourei & Nanami in a New Blood Tag Title semi-final.

5. Starlight Kid & Karma def. Mai Sakurai & Chanyota in a New Blood Tag Title semi-final.

6. Syuri def. Miyu Amasaki via referee stoppage
Syuri put Miyu to sleep. She refused to tap. Syuri then held Miyu until she came to because Syuri is a good mom.

7. Starlight Kid & Karma def. MIRAI & Tomoka Inaba for the New Blood Tag Team Championships.
Lady C & HANAKO challenged them afterwards.

8. Waka Tsukiyama & Tam Nakano def. Nanae Takahashi & KAIRI when Waka pinned Nanae
Waka, Tam, and even Momo Kohgo on commentary were crying after the match. Waka got to close the show and do the Cosmic Angels outro in the post-match press conference.

Edited by Ace

Sooooooo... am I crazy or is Waka winning Cinderella this year?

It just seems so perfect for her storyline wise and it's the perfect capper to her Cinderella story.

If not she's at least in the final

James

2 hours ago, J.H. said:

Sooooooo... am I crazy or is Waka winning Cinderella this year?

It just seems so perfect for her storyline wise and it's the perfect capper to her Cinderella story.

If not she's at least in the final

James

Originally I thought she might make it just to Round 3, but seeing as that is literally her next match I think she at least makes the semis. I have seen mention of a Waka/Tam final, and now I kind of want it to happen.