DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

In a reminder that time is ever moving forward, Minoru and Yumi (nee Fukawa) Tanaka's daughter Kizuna had her "pro test" at Sunday's WAVE show. She signed with them last year.

Kind of weird that they made her do the whole thing in front of the crowd but it's wrestling.

They don't show the test part but they do show the announcement that she passed at the end of the show:

More details here:

https://www.pro-w-wave.com/blog/article.html?page=967

• Like 1

Himeka is retiring in April. Her desired last matches will be:
Chihiro Hashimoto
a hardcore match with Risa Sera at Showcase on 2-26
Kakeru Sekiguchi
and the retiremant match against Maika on 4/23

Farewell, Jumbo Princess.

• Sad 4

5 hours ago, Ace said:

Himeka is retiring in April. Her desired last matches will be:
Chihiro Hashimoto
a hardcore match with Risa Sera at Showcase on 2-26
Kakeru Sekiguchi
and the retiremant match against Maika on 4/23

Farewell, Jumbo Princess.

Blindsided by this announcement. Hate to hear it, but glad it isn't due to injury. I hope she has a healthy and happy next phase of her life. Thank you Himeka.

• Like 2

So was Himeka's knee fucky after that apron dive or was that just a work? That match was gettin' me goin' then just kinda petered out even though I love 7upp.  They had been building Ruaka and Nanae for a wee bit though.

I feel like Saki Kashima is probably gearing up for her retirement as well.  ON the other hand what in the hail happened to SLK vs AZM?  Callin' BSHT.

For me, Konami coming in and beating my baby was a major no-no.  I felt like that "rip off" guy in the crowd at the beginning of Strange Brew.  I want Jungle Kyona to come back more. Lady C was amazing in that Maebashi main event.  That was a great match.  Whole finish had me going.

Himeka and Suzu Suzuki were getting the biggest reactions from the crowd.  It was like everybody had a free wallop of courtesy juice but the true babies got the real stuff. 

Roulette match was weird.  Buncha fluff then Tora and the bubble girl had the best Bugs Bunny/Yosemite Sam cartoon I've seen in years.  It was like if Leon Schlesinger pulled an all-nighter with Jacque Tati and Takashi Kitano.  The Billiken Death stuff would've went way over my head if I hadn't seen that Club Venus in Osaka youtube deal.  He's like Azar's Big Boy with lucky rabbit foot powers.  I'm bowdlerizin' but not far off the mark. There were two little hope spots where Yuna was going to grab for the foot that will just blow by the layman.  He's  USA in origin and part of whatever sacred fire brought us the Kewpie doll.  Yes, I had to look that up.

Giulia got the sheeit beat out of her (again) and it was good(again).  She's low on the lovability chart for me but high on the reliability chart.  Big ol' goose egg on the forehead. OBviously I'm rooting for Suzu. I mean dude, come on, that tippy top-rope German suplex was radiant.  I need that damn Street Fighter 2 t-shirt she has but it seems like it's mostly just weird scam sites that have it nowadays.

I mean who in the damn hell didn't think Mirai wasn't going to get completely laminated?  Hashimoto coming in with that Spike the Dog physique.  Lordy Jesus.  That was some wildlife footage.

Kamitani was over like a wet fart.  Momo was into a pure violence that I had not seen from her yet.  I feel like the true heels suffered the most from no cheering.  You can't clap a boo.  Well, you could...

Thekla was in supreme highlight reel mode on January 28/29 shows.  The exorcist bridge into the kuma pose was the greatest thing in the universe.  Obviously done dirty in that roulette deal but what are y'gonna do?

I'm going back into hiding until new shows release on stardom world.  I'm also way into that Senjo stuff as well.  Thank you, fuck you etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, assfax said:

I feel like Saki Kashima is probably gearing up for her retirement as well.

Towards the end of 2022 she got some sort of nursing license or something similar so you may right here. Would be less surprising than Himeka's retirement. 

All the retirement talk makes me wonder fi Mayu and Tam are still on track to retire in the next year or so. 

17 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Towards the end of 2022 she got some sort of nursing license or something similar so you may right here. Would be less surprising than Himeka's retirement. 

All the retirement talk makes me wonder fi Mayu and Tam are still on track to retire in the next year or so. 

Is Tam trying to retire too? 😞 

3 hours ago, assfax said:

So was Himeka's knee fucky after that apron dive or was that just a work? That match was gettin' me goin' then just kinda petered out even though I love 7upp.  They had been building Ruaka and Nanae for a wee bit though.

In the match, it was a work. Though she had been visibly selling the knee beforehand. When they did the award ceremony this year, she had a big honkin' kneebrace on.

ノラ| Nora (@poikrew) / Twitter

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Is Tam trying to retire too? 😞 

Both talked about retiring in around 2 years back in 2021 though I have wondered if either actually would since they keep getting bigger as names and making more money.

• Thanks 1

Himeka was my 2nd fave in Stardom after Tam. I always felt they should've pushed her more. This makes me sad. I'm hoping she and Natsupoi reconcile storyline wise at her retirement ceremony because that friendship always seemed so genuine to me

James

• Like 1

TJPW

Surprised 

Spoiler

That Hyper made it to the finals of the TWO PRINCESSES" MAX HEART TOURNAMENT".  Her mask was off at times.

But Miyu and Maki won.

Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel are coming back.

The Giant Panda too.

Other stuff happened and other stuff announced.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Red King said:

TJPW

Surprised 

Hide contents

That Hyper made it to the finals of the TWO PRINCESSES" MAX HEART TOURNAMENT".  Her mask was off at times.

But Miyu and Maki won.

Sakisama and Mei Saint-Michel are coming back.

The Giant Panda too.

Other stuff happened and other stuff announced.

one announcement was:

Spoiler

3 more trainees debuting

Edited by Cleavy
  • Like 2