DVDVR Message Board

2023 Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

RIPPA

Stardom pre debutted 3 new rookies. Sakura Ishiguro (158cm) Hanako Ueda (181cm) Komomo Minami (153cm). Ishiguro nominated Giulia for her first match. If their names are wrong, I will fix the names later.

https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/1626554794927333377/HTtnv7BJ?format=jpg&name=small

I think all 3 should be put into one new young unit rather than joining STARS or whatever Lady C's former independent thing was.

Stardom in Showcase 4

There was arm wrestling and muscle pose down between Smaller Saya and Chanyota. Do you think Vince Mcmahon would like that?

Anyway the event wasn't broadcasted live.  It will be uploaded to Stardom World.

44 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I thought she was coming to IMPACT!

I don't really know about IMPACT dates.  The Queen of Indies date is there where Masha will be is there.

She does sometime makes abrupt challenges that go nowheres.

Edited by Red King
  • Like 1

on-3-31-joshi-company-evolution-will-hol

The other two rookies from the AJPW Budokan show dropped out, so down to those 3 in poster above debutting.  Evolution has their own money backer and mutiple sponsors. Should be noted while Evolution girls train at the AJP dojo and are allied with AJP, they dont share AJP capital and the new company is separate from AJP, unlike Bushiroad owning NJPW and Stardom.

http://battle-news.com/?p=95501

Edited by Red King

I just got back to New Jersey from a trip to see Muto's final and assorted stuff. 

I went to Natsu Bar after a Tiger Mask show at Korakuen. I unfortunately missed a tweet by her about the same time I left to go that she felt unwell and went home. At least I know how to get there now.

Kyoko Inoue did the same thing and just her young boy was at her bar when I got there. I went around the corner to go to Noriyo Tateno's drink bar instead. Noriyo showed me some video pushing the JB Angels for the WWE HoF. She is still tight with Itsuki. The noren at Itsuki's new restaurant is a gift from Noriyo. I'm happy that I got to go there after an absence of a few years. I had thoughts of going to Kaoru Kage's restaurant on the same street, but when I went to Noriyo's, Kaoru was sitting next to me at the bar.

I had the usual good times at Genki Misae's Izakaya Never Give Up. You can actually have a full meal there. I went there twice. One of the times, Kabuki and his wife called me over to sit at the table with them and some regulars from his restaurant, which used to be in the location that Misae runs now.

Speaking of actual wrestling, I saw a Stardom show with 47 wrestlers followed by a Big Japan show the next day with 10 wrestlers.

Actwres GirlZ at Radiant Hall was shockingly good. They have nearly all new girls because SAKI continued COLOR'S and everyone good went free when they stopped wrestling shows for a while. Check them out if you can.

• Like 3

FInally caught Stardom's Supreme Fight.

Hashimoto/Mirai wasn't what I was expecting with so many pushing it as big big hoss fight. It had some hossness, but it was more what I was hoping for with Hashimoto just completely outclassing Mirai while still giving her some shine by the end.

Actually thought the Goddess titles match was MOTN. They played the Himeka injury angle well, and it was good to see the crowd so behind Himeka. Its a shame knowing she is retiring after she finally puts on a performance like this. It might be her best in Stardom. 

Momo/Saya was really good, but you could tell the crowd didn't think Momo had a chance. Was interesting to see Momo more over than Saya. Curious if its a general thing or maybe just the audience ready to move on from Kamitani as Wonder champ. 

• Like 2

Stardom

Spoiler

Interesting the high speed belt came after the white belt match.

Anyway Saya has a new record. And she nominated Mina. 

Giulia (c) vs Tam is next for the red belt.

• Like 1