DVDVR Message Board

AEW - NOVEMBER 2022

The Natural

Ratings from last Friday

Rampage got 411k people and an 0.11, good for 43rd place.

Baylor/Texas won the day on Cable (2.7m and 0.71). Qatar/Senegal got 1.14m and 0.42 for 2nd.

The lead-in to Rampage was a 2-4pm airing of Elf, which had 652k viewers and a 0.19. A Noon-2pm airing of Christmas Vacation got a rating of 0.13 with 533k viewers.

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Matt D said:

On Renee's podcast, Stokely basically said he had been handpicked by Punk to feud with him post All Out, what an honor that had been and how excited he was about it, and that rewriting things after the injury/gripebomb/brawlout was why Firm really hasn't worked out yet.

Not related to Punk (leave the memories alone), but Stokely also said after his WWE release he committed himself voluntarily before things got really bad for him mentally.

I know WWE can't realistically keep everyone, but I can't imagine the feeling of making it to the "big time" and then being fired from your dream job/the #1 company. It must be soul shattering.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Casey said:

Not related to Punk (leave the memories alone), but Stokely also said after his WWE release he committed himself voluntarily before things got really bad for him mentally.

I know WWE can't realistically keep everyone, but I can't imagine the feeling of making it to the "big time" and then being fired from your dream job/the #1 company. It must be soul shattering.

I thought Stokely voluntarily let his contract expire to sign with AEW. 

Yeah, he did let it expire, that was my bad. But it wasn’t to sign with AEW, he felt the presentation of his NXT character didn’t feel right. I listened to the podcast last night, it appears he was just in a shitty place mentally around that time but realized he wasn’t quite as bad as he thought once he committed himself. Said the places you check yourself into in Florida more resemble a prison, in his opinion.

It’s an interesting listen. I didn’t know he was trained by Claudio, Chuck Taylor and Orange Cassidy.

• Like 3

Yeah, Stokely's interview with Renee is one of the best she's done. It's up there with Mox talking about his road to rehab. And Stokely goes into everything. Being a grad student and getting into wrestling because his thesis was that wrestling is an art form, voluntarily putting himself in a mental institution in Florida which is more like a prison, feeling like he was going crazy, what he's done with his meds, how he discovered Islam, booking plans, etc. I wish the interview lasted longer because it went by so fast.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

On 11/22/2022 at 11:37 PM, Dolphman 3000 said:

Sounds like something an idiot invested in Bitcoin would say

On 11/22/2022 at 11:53 PM, A_K said:

We will re-visit that post before the end of this year. I won't call you vulgar for that insult, as your naivety is cute.

Anyway, back to the wrestling!

Took a week or so longer than expected, but didn't forget about this.

BTC Nov. 22nd -- 15,550 (Actual bottom)

BTC Today -- 19,807

27.5% rise (called 30). Perhaps we see 30 next week before next plunge down? Who knows? 

To keep this relevant, in a wrestling / sporting context there is a reason McMahon's are scrabbling to get out of WWE while the likes of Fenway Sports + Glazer family look to sell Liverpool FC & Man United FC respectively. Coming year will be a whirl. 

Enjoy the wrestling all. See ya!

Edited by A_K
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, A_K said:

Took a week or so longer than expected, but didn't forget about this.

BTC Nov. 22nd -- 15,550 (Actual bottom)

BTC Today -- 19,807

27.5% rise (called 30). Perhaps we see 30 next week before next plunge down? Who knows?

You bumped a two month old thread to remind us all of your crippling gambling addiction

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6