DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF Week 14

Dolfan in NYC

Presuming his stats continue to elevate, and they beat Bowling Green; then, he really is a strong underdog candidate to win the Heisman with all the stuff going on with Winston. I still don't see it happening, but it's far more likely than it was a month ago.

Anyone championing this Carr kid for the Heisman doesn't deserve to have a vote. Bunch of STATS marks. Not that he doesn't have talent, but he's a total robot system quarterback. Obviously Fresno's defense has sucked all day, but he just pissed away the 2nd half on offense, throwing those 2-yard crossing routes because that's what he's programmed to do.

Anyone championing this Carr kid for the Heisman doesn't deserve to have a vote. Bunch of STATS marks. Not that he doesn't have talent, but he's a total robot system quarterback. Obviously Fresno's defense has sucked all day, but he just pissed away the 2nd half on offense, throwing those 2-yard crossing routes because that's what he's programmed to do.

He's projected high first round regardless, so what does he care, I guess.

This ore-ore st. game is a visual clusterfuck; woof. . . 

We shall dub it the Platypus Bowl.

Edit: I guess they already give that out as a trophy. Glorious.

Assuming his stats continue to elevate, and they beat Bowling Green; then, he really is a strong underdog candidate to win the Heisman with all the stuff going on with Winston. I still don't see it happening, but it's far more likely than it was a month ago.

You can go ahead and mark this down: If this legal situation doesn't resolve itself in Winston's favor in the next week, and AJ McCarron wins out, McCarron will win it.

Of course, everyone will immediately claim he got it as a lifetime achievement award and wasn't the best player in college football this year (and I will completely agree with them), but he will sorta be the last man standing among the big name contenders. I think Lynch and the back from Boston College (who is so obscure that, even being the CFB fanatic I am, I couldn't recall his name off the top of my head to write this post) are starting from too far back to really have a shot at it, though one might score an invite.

Manziel was my pick all season, up until last week. He was actually having a better season than last year, but I felt like he was being unjustly penalized because his team was actually worse (and also probably a bit justly penalized for his autograph scandal). But then he had an awful game @LSU, and I don't feel as strongly in his favor as I did. And I know if I'm not as high on him, then all the people who were looking for an excuse not to vote for him certainly have it now.

Being that the state attorney's office has said it may be two weeks before they decide the Winston case, I think he's pretty much lost it.  Some voters will leave him off their ballots, and others will push him down on theirs.  The soda and BB gun incidents that have come to light are meaningless--unless you string them together as a picture of a guy with entitlement issues.  The last thing the Heisman Trust wants is to give Winston the award and then have to deal with taking it back if he's charged.  Not to mention him being called the reigning Heisman winner as he does his possible perp walk.

I think McCarron takes it.  He's good, at times very good.  He may finish with more national championships than total losses.  I don't think Alabama loses tomorrow or next week.  He'll play well, and that'll be enough.

I like being wrong, don't underestimate the rivalry road game. I don't think the Gators can hang in there with FSU though because Skyler is terrible... the offense hasn't accomplished shit, only one nice run from Trey. The defense has shown up so far though.

Ohio St.'s defense is Swiss cheese. I knew it wasn't a great D but wow..This is looking like a shootout.

Also, UConn is up on Rutgers!