DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

New spot for Falcon+Winter Soldier:

Cheers. Liking the references to Captain America's speech at the Triskelion on the speakers: "The price of freedom is high, it always will be" and "when do we start? " from Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014).

In regards to splitting up threads, I could see it making sense to have a combined thread for MCU tv/movie casting/news/etc... and then separate threads for actual TV episode and movie discussions, with it known that spoilers will be discussed tag free within. I can see that working a little efficiently than having a spoiler discussion thread and a spoiler free discussion thread.

Edit to clarify: I mean one single thread for tv episode discussion and one single thread for movie discussion, not a separate thread for each episode or movie.

Edited by JonnyLaw

After Endgame, I had some serious Marvel burnout.  Don't get me wrong, I loved it.  It's just that (and this is my fault), I got really deep into theory/speculation videos, etc.  I was kind of happy to have a break for a while.  I'd really like to finally see Black Widow and some of the other movies on the schedule, but I'm really liking the weekly tv as a way to get back into the MCU.  I can watch my episode on Friday, check out a couple theory videos through the week and then there's another episode.  WandaVision has been great, and I'm really looking forward to Falcon & Winter Soldier and Loki.  It's fun knowing that I'll have new Marvel content weekly from now until June or July.

• Like 1

• RIPPA locked this topic
  • RIPPA unlocked this topic

WandaVision has been split off into its own thread.

I will do this for each TV show as the come along (like I am not starting a Falcon/Winter Soldier one for a couple of weeks)

If you need to reference a plot point for WandaVision (or any show in the future) IN THIS THREAD - please continue to use spoiler boxes.

• Like 1

Similar to before WandaVision - we have reached the point where Marvel is putting out something daily that is basically just using the same footage over and over, just recutting it in different ways

I don't mind per se as the song they use is a banger as the kids would say

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Similar to before WandaVision - we have reached the point where Marvel is putting out something daily that is basically just using the same footage over and over, just recutting it in different ways

I don't mind per se as the song they use is a banger as the kids would say

I learned this week they now call it a “bop.”

Anyway my best advice for people is to put the “unread content” page on “compressed” mode until you see the new episode. Best way to make sure you don’t get spoiled.

• 2 weeks later...

I am gonna start the F/WS thread much closer to the actual first episode so I will continue to post their teasers that have the same like 25 seconds of footage

• Like 1

Legends has added four new episodes up for The Falcon, The Winter Soldier, Zemo and Sharon Carter before the Falcon and the Winter Soldier starts next week. It's the same format as the ones for Wanda Maximoff and the Vision, a short recap video package showing the characters time in Marvel Studios Marvel Cinematic Universe from the beginning to now.