DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Final Trailer (and it is an actual trailer).

probably the last time I mentioned it in this thread

@RIPPA: Has it been confirmed were getting two episodes on Friday or just the one? I know it was two with WandaVision and I gather The Mandalorian does the same?

This could change - but it looks like it is only 1 episode.

The episode that critics have been "reviewing" is 47 minutes long (including credits)

Plus Kevin Feige said there are only 6 episodes so I don't think they are burning two this week (especially based on all the timelines they have released for Disney+)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This could change - but it looks like it is only 1 episode.

The episode that critics have been "reviewing" is 47 minutes long (including credits)

Plus Kevin Feige said there are only 6 episodes so I don't think they are burning two this week (especially based on all the timelines they have released for Disney+)

Thanks, @RIPPA.

Per Deadline, Kingsley Ben-Adir has been cast in Secret Invasion

The theorize that he is going to play the lead villain.

Again - that part isn't confirmed, just Deadline speculating

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per Deadline, Kingsley Ben-Adir has been cast in Secret Invasion

The theorize that he is going to play the lead villain.

Again - that part isn't confirmed, just Deadline speculating

My guess/hope is that he's going to be the Super Skrull.

I also still wonder what kind of Secret Invasion we're going to get. Do they go super big budget and give us a little bit of Annihilation mixed with something else?

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I also still wonder what kind of Secret Invasion we're going to get. Do they go super big budget and give us a little bit of Annihilation mixed with something else?

I can't see them see them mixing in Annihilation. It would make no sense, cost too much, and be something they can sell as story on its own for Guardians. I'm guessing Secret Invasion is going to be a mix of Secret Invasion and Nick Fury vs. Shield.

48 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I can't see them see them mixing in Annihilation. It would make no sense, cost too much, and be something they can sell as story on its own for Guardians. I'm guessing Secret Invasion is going to be a mix of Secret Invasion and Nick Fury vs. Shield.

They could hint at something horrible happening driving the Skrulls from their home, but if the did, that'd be the first taste of Galactus instead. Anyway, weren't the skrulls already separated and on the run because of the Kree?

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

They could hint at something horrible happening driving the Skrulls from their home, but if the did, that'd be the first taste of Galactus instead. Anyway, weren't the skrulls already separated and on the run because of the Kree?

yes

Mentioning this here because of the broader implications.

Kevin Feige said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that F/WS ties into "multiple MCU projects"

His quote was "I can think of three that I am not allowed to talk about"

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Also the show apparently takes place six month after Endgame, so post-WandaVision and pre-Far From Home

I didn't realize Far From Home took place so far away from Endgame. I assumed it was just a few months later.

29 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Mentioning this here because of the broader implications.

Kevin Feige said in an interview with Entertainment Weekly that F/WS ties into "multiple MCU projects"

His quote was "I can think of three that I am not allowed to talk about"

This doesn't surprise me. I'm just curious if it is stuff already announced or something we don;t know about yet.

I feel like I read somewhere around the time Captain Marvel came out that because the Skrulls are on the run, they’ve basically been divided into different factions, not all of whom are as friendly as the ones Fury is aligned with.  I don’t remember now if it was something vaguely referenced in the movie or if it was something else. 

• Like 1

It was mentioned the Skrull race was split up by the war with the Kree in the movie. I think it was Feige who mentioned not all of the groups were friendly. I recall some being annoyed at the idea of Skrulls being good guys despite the movie clearly leaving things open and focusing on just one group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

It was mentioned the Skrull race was split up by the war with the Kree in the movie. I think it was Feige who mentioned not all of the groups were friendly. I recall some being annoyed at the idea of Skrulls being good guys despite the movie clearly leaving things open and focusing on just one group.

You and @JonnyLaw recall right when it comes to Captain Marvel. I thought it was a good swerve of expectations having known the Skrulls are bad for years and how MCU sometimes goes a different path to known stories. There will be bad branches of Skrulls too.

Edited by The Natural

I am going into F&WS assuming that it will in no way tie into another upcoming Marvel property. I am going in with the mindset that no new (major) characters will be introduced. I am not setting myself up for disappointment like I did with WandaVision. 

Edit: For the record, I was not disappointed in WandaVision.  I liked the show a whole lot.  I just saw so much speculation about guests and surprises and debuts that I was a little let down when the final episode ended with none of that happening.  That's on me.  The show was wonderful.

Edited by Log
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Log said it best, no need to quote him when that's exactly how I feel.

In my head, fuck any speculation about anything tied to Winter Soldier/Falcon. Fuck any easter eggs lmao, fuck any still shots of the show, I'm leaving it in its own corner for now until the show wraps up.

Losing myself in the Wandavision hype was a good lesson in fan speculation not always being best for the fans themselves if they believe every rumor or let their fantasy booking run wild (the sparklers from the exploding barb wire deathmatch happening in the same weekend just drove that point home for me)

I haven't seen the first two episodes yet, might get around to it next week with getting Good Friday off and getting to catch three episodes at once.

Trying to avoid the spoiler thread, but whats the run time been on the episodes so far please, for anyone who's watched? I'd kick myself if these are under half an hour too, that's what I'd loved about Netflix marvel, even the shitty ones didn't wrap it up as it just started to pick up. They kept going, feeding the hope that something redeeming was around the corner, even if with iron fist it really wasn't 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...