DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2021

19 hours ago, The Natural said:

I have to disagree with Craig. Cosmic Marvel does little to nothing for me. Guardians and Captain Marvel are my least favourite franchises in the MCU.

19 hours ago, Technico Support said:

?

Sorry mate. Let's look at it this way, it's one of the very few things we disagree on. Sci-fi is a genre with a few notable exceptions does nothing for me. I will admit my opinion on Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) is tainted by those Mum scenes only a few weeks after burying my Mum. I and my Dad were very upset by it, I nearly walked out of the cinema. It's the only time I've ever been angry with my best friend who is like a brother to me for not letting me know. Aje kicked himself as he forgot about them and for upsetting me and my Dad. It's the only time I've seen it from beginning to end and it's seven years this year.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Casey said:
  • WandaVision
  • 2 week break
  • Falcon & Winter Soldier
  • 2 week break
  • Loki
  • 2 week break
  • What If?
  • 2 week break
  • Hawkeye
  • 2 week break
  • Ms. Marvel

I think that's the rumored schedule. Might be a longer season for What If?, I think it's supposed to be more than eight episodes for the first season. Easily my most anticipated is Ms. Marvel and seeing how they handle that in live-action. Especially her embiggen power, that's going to be a sight to see. I really hope they do something like this panel in the show.

Of those to come it's Falcon and the Winter Soldier and Loki for me. Have no interest in Hawkeye. I'll only watch it so I can add it to the MCU TV shows I've watched. Daredevil Season 1-3, Agents of SHIELD 1-6 (need to watch season 7, the last season now they're all up), Jessica Jones S1/half of S2, The Defenders and WandaVision.

Personally my most anticipated show isn't scheduled yet - She-Hulk - but of those listed, Loki seems the most interesting. F+WS should be a good action/espionage story but I'm alllllllll for the cosmic/multiverse craziness. 

I mean, I'm keeping Disney+ no matter what, but that we're also soon getting the Mighty Ducks series that will have Jonesy from Letterkenny as the heel coach is enough to sell me on keeping Disney+ without all of the cool Marvel stuff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Despite loving multiverses and What If, doing both at same time seems odd. Will What If episodes featuring number designations for those worlds? 

If we go by the comics, not really, no. They were usually the really weird, out there, "LOL, OK sure, whatever" types of things. You could maybe look at it for stuff that likely would NOT be in the Multiverse madness storyline.

18 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

The other question I have will the What If show be full of B and C lister non movie characters? At which point, why is it what if? Will What If be featuring movie actors doing one week of TV for a what if story? 

Looks like it's specifically movie characters What If-ing off of stuff that's already happened in the MCU. Lots of big actors/characters confirmed: Hemsworth, Boseman, Rudd, Ruffalo, Brolin, Michael B Jordan, Karen Gillan, Michael Douglas, and on down the list to Neal McDonough, who I completely forgot was even in one of these movies.

Apparently Ironman, Strange, and Caps both America and Marvel will all be involved, but as of now the show's Wikipedia doesn't confirm any of those respective characters' actors' involvement. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati

8 hours ago, Casey said:
  • WandaVision
  • Muppet Show
  • Falcon & Winter Soldier
  • Muppet Show
  • Loki
  • Muppet Show
  • What If?
  • Muppet Show
  • Muppet Show
  • Muppet Show
  • Ms. Marvel

Forgive me but considering what will be coming to Disney+ this will likely be how we're going to use the app.

I don't know how good Ms. Marvel will be and we all know Wandavision's awesome stuff.  But I'm definitely looking forward to the above shows.  And I think I saw that "What If?" was the last thing Chadwick did before he passed.  So that will have something extra special to it.

Depending on the timing of things, it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw one or two What If characters pop up in a live action movie, in a cameo at least.  I’ve also wondered if the rumored (and subsequently debunked by Chris Evans) Chris Evans movie appearance wasn’t him portraying MCU Cap again but a “What If” Cap (or a non-What If Johnny Storm).

I dont think anyone would want this, but...last What If episode ends up being the "Marvel Zombies" ones, and it ends with them crossing over to the MCU, roll credits

also...can Disney now just do Disney Afternoon WHAT IF???

What if Gadget worked for Fat Cat?
What if Launchpad became Darkwing Duck
What if Baloo couldn't fly a plane
What of Scrooge McDuck was a time traveler >.>

amazing stories to be had

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ErinQuinn said:

I dont think anyone would want this, but...last What If episode ends up being the "Marvel Zombies" ones, and it ends with them crossing over to the MCU, roll credits

also...can Disney now just do Disney Afternoon WHAT IF???

What if Gadget worked for Fat Cat?
What if Launchpad became Darkwing Duck
What if Baloo couldn't fly a plane
What of Scrooge McDuck was a time traveler >.>

amazing stories to be had

Liking it. Good seeing you, @ErinQuinn!

Good way to constantly have Marvel content on D+ every Friday for the rest of the year. Presumably a week or two after a show ends, an Assembled special will be released, bridging the gap between the show that's ending and then the next week we get the next show.

2021 means Marvel fans eatinnnnn', boys! It's about time, 2020 was horrible. Now someone needs to convince Feige to release Black Widow on D+...

• Like 7

Marvel has announced they will release 4 episodes of Marvel Studios: Legends on March 12 all focused on characters from F/WS (the 12th is a week before F/WS starts)

The 4 episodes will act as a primer on the following characters: Falcon, Winter Soldier, Zemo, and Sharon Carter.

• Like 1

Any chance at all, and if not no sweat, for a Spoiler-zone Marvel tv thread? 

It's not that I get tired of clicking spoiler vox after spoiler box, I swear! I'm worried that with all the Marvel tv we're getting this year plus the weekly talks that my dumb ass might just randomly blurt out a spoiler accidentally from being so BLOWN AWAY by this revelation or that revelation, y'know?

Like we're just in February and there's still all the rest of the marvel shows dropping through the year, can we get a thread w/o spoiler boxes so we can collectively bug out, maybe? If addressed already, apologies! ?

• Like 1

I mean... you're not wrong. With the upcoming Disney+ slate in terms of Marvel seemingly set to air uninterrupted all year, this thread is going to be FULL of spoiler boxes. We've talked about it before, but presumably the schedule goes: finale > Assembled doc  > Marvel Legends > new show > finale > etc etc. Maybe, MAYBE there's a week in there that doesn't have new MCU content, but still.

It's worth a discussion, at least.

I think part of the concern was people weren’t going to post in the correct thread anyway. I’m not fussed either way, but I sense I may be the minority. At the very least, ditching the boxes would make the threads easier to search. I guess the natural split would be threads clearly marked

a) MARVEL TV POST-EDISODE SPOILER DISCUSSION

and b) UPCOMING MARVEL TV TRAILERS, NEWS, AND RUMOURS 

I think RIPPA did address this a few pages back. But it’s a busy thread at the moment and I know you’ve had real life stuff to worry about, Hayabusa, so perfectly reasonable you’d miss it. No worries. I’m also probably misremembering the way it went down. So don’t hold me to anything!