Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

I wouldn't be surprised that if under such a situation the United States wouldn't, after managing to quarantine that area, send someone in just to get the money back. They could, y'know, just nuke it from orbit to save lives, but the property value -- too important.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I wouldn't be surprised that if under such a situation the United States wouldn't, after managing to quarantine that area, send someone in just to get the money back. They could, y'know, just nuke it from orbit to save lives, but the property value -- too important.

No matter what someone would attempt to save as many assets as possible i would think. 

Not to get political but you can see just from this past year how these assets supercede all else that is going on, just look how the government has operated and continues to operate while people died and a pandemic raged on. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In something I don't necessarily think anyone was asking for...

Neill Blomkamp announced that he is working on the script for District 10

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't going to watch a Snyder zombie thing, but I love heist movies. Thank you to for complaining about the money and bringing this to my attention. To the top of my watch list it goes!

Edited by John from Cincinnati
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Isn't there a type of bomb that wipes out animal life but not buildings, or am I dreaming this? Sounds like what would be used in such a (zombie) situation.

You are probably thinking of the Enhanced Radiation Ordinance commonly referred to as a Neutron Bomb.   It's designed to deliver a lethal dose of neutron radiation while reeling in the destructive physical power of the blast.

Theoretically (and using as much zombie pseudoscience as possible), since zombies essentially function at a severely diminished bioelectrical capacity it is possible that the EMP produced by a Neutron Bomb might be effective in rendering them permanently inert.

All nuclear weapons produce an EMP of some sort however the Neutron Bomb is arguably "cleaner" than a thermonuclear device.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J.T. said:

You are probably thinking of the Enhanced Radiation Ordinance commonly referred to as a Neutron Bomb.   It's designed to deliver a lethal dose of neutron radiation while reeling in the destructive physical power of the blast.

Theoretically (and using as much zombie pseudoscience as possible), since zombies essentially function at a severely diminished bioelectrical capacity it is possible that the EMP produced by a Neutron Bomb might be effective in rendering them permanently inert.

All nuclear weapons produce an EMP of some sort however the Neutron Bomb is arguably "cleaner" than a thermonuclear device.

Hashtag DARPA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's what I was thinking of, the neutron bomb. I recall somebody calling it "the first Capitalist weapon" because it destroyed people and not property. 

While the Neutron Bomb lacks the pure destructive capability of a traditional thermonuclear device, it is still an enhanced radioactive weapon.  It is going to contaminate the blast area with radioactive fallout and some of the buildings may still suffer enough structural damage to be rendered unusable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, Casey said:

I can't get around the idea that a zombie outbreak is happening, and these people are stealing money.

I know, it'd be more realistic if they were stealing toilet paper.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thunder Force

Melissa McCarthy and Octavia Spencer

Written and Directed by McCarthy's husband Ben Falcone (He is the one getting tased in the trailer)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway has had its release date moved up again.

It will now open May 14, 2021

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am putting this here since I am lazy

F9: The Fast Saga has been delayed again. This time till June (June 25, 2021 to be exact)

This and Black Widow are in a competition to see who can get moved the most

Also Minions: The Rise of Gru has been delayed all the way till July 1, 2022

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

F9: The Fast Saga has been delayed again. This time till June (June 25, 2021 to be exact)

This and Black Widow are in a competition to see who can get moved the most

Well I forgot a contender.

A Quiet Place II has been moved up to May 28 (taking advantage of F9 leaving)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well I forgot a contender.

A Quiet Place II has been moved up to May 28 (taking advantage of F9 leaving)

I feel like the final F&F (F10?) movie will come out before F9. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And both will come out before Black Widow

You have to think that at some point they just throw their hands up and premier it on Disney+.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Woman in the Window is FINALLY coming out

May 14 on Netflix

Just read the synopsis of that movie and I feel like I've seen that movie 10 or 12 times already.  But, hey, Amy Adams so I'll watch it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J.T. said:

You have to think that at some point they just throw their hands up and premier it on Disney+.

I have $30 waiting for the taking if they would just put Black Widow on Disney+.  We can have a pizza delivered and watch in comfort at home and probably spend less for pizza and the movie than three tickets and hitting the concession stand.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...