DVDVR Message Board

ANIMAL CROSSING: New Horizons

SirSmUgly

Yeah, I was lucky even before going to random islands that some of my friends were willing to give some things until I got to them- I was able to buy shovels from their island before I got them, was able to get them to make me a vaulting pole and ladder before I got them, and one even used the copying glitch to pass me enough money to get my home up a few more levels than I had. (Wasn't that necessary for me, since my island is pretty rich in emperor butterflies, so I can get some good money otherwise.)

Edited by SorceressKnight

4 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I don't really get into time traveling on Animal Crossing.

If I did it would make it too obsessive for me and defeat the purpose I have for playing the game in the first place.

My code is SW-7663-6457-2793

Agreed.  It is a loophole that people just love to exploit but like you mentioned it really defeats the purpose.

Also, with my wife playing this everyday I was wondering if it's cool for y'all if I had her add you as friends.  I can have her say she knows me if that helps with the friend request.

5 hours ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I don't really get into time traveling on Animal Crossing.

If I did it would make it too obsessive for me and defeat the purpose I have for playing the game in the first place.

My code is SW-7663-6457-2793

On the original Animal Crossing on GameCube, my wife (who is Australian) and I tried to have our islands set up so that one would be doing winter things while the other was doing summer things and so on. Wound up being a tremendous pain in the ass and we finally gave up on it.

11 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Agreed.  It is a loophole that people just love to exploit but like you mentioned it really defeats the purpose.

Also, with my wife playing this everyday I was wondering if it's cool for y'all if I had her add you as friends.  I can have her say she knows me if that helps with the friend request.

I've got no problems with that. My friend code is SW-5000-2358-7630 in case you missed it in the earlier post.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2020 at 8:45 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

I don't like to use the time travel loophole myself, but I can see why it exists given how the shops are only open at a distinct amount of time from 8 am-10 pm, and if you are working or not playing at those times you're locked out of a big part of the game.

• Like 1

I was explaining to someone today how my schedule means I barely have been able to do daytime activities but catch the same things at night every day. On the plusside, I am playing everyday sofar at 0500 when the new day starts. 

5 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I was explaining to someone today how my schedule means I barely have been able to do daytime activities but catch the same things at night every day. On the plusside, I am playing everyday sofar at 0500 when the new day starts. 

One of the few times where changing the system clock is a valid technique, many have done this because they just want to do things in the sun but their schedule makes it hard to be on at the right times.

So I gave the friend codes to my wife and it seems like she was able to add everybody so far.  Will give her the code for @odessasteps but she says thanks to you all so far.  Not sure if she opened up her island yet but if not it's only a matter of time.

Oh, and if you see any crudely-drawn AEW designs that was me that did it.  Let's just say it's obvious who the artist is between us and it sure isn't me.

So, anyone playing AC want to trade flowers or fruits later this evening? I have mums, windflowers, pansies, apples, and oranges. I need flowers and fruits that are not those things that I just listed.

31 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

So, anyone playing AC want to trade flowers or fruits later this evening? I have mums, windflowers, pansies, apples, and oranges. I need flowers and fruits that are not those things that I just listed.

My wife has three of those as she doesn't believe she has pansies yet.  But if you like to check her island she should have that for you.  Don't know if she needs to be online but if so sh'ell be on in an hour or two.