DVDVR Message Board

NXT on USA - 4/1/2020

Dolfan in NYC

This and next week's show are in the can, so the performers are probably going to be doing marathon tapings tonight, because Florida's about to go on lockdown for 30 days.

On tap:

• TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE NXT NORTH AMERICAN CHAMPIONSHIP - Keith Lee (c) vs. Damian Priest vs. Dominik Dijakovic 
  • Velveteen Dream vs. Bobby Fish
  • LAST CHANCE GAUNTLET MATCH FOR ENTRY TO THE NXT WOMEN'S #1 CONTENDER LADDER MATCH

Sam Roberts is slightly more tolerable when you don't have to actually look at him while he's talking.

Edit: I take that back. That nasally voice is stomach-churning.

Edited by Peck
  • Like 1

I'm just over the whole bickering commentators trope.  It's just annoying and ends up as noise.

Right now, NXT really needs to add some personality and energy into the show.  Everything is so sullen and lifeless, they really need to let their wrestlers show some personality.

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

I'm just over the whole bickering commentators trope.  It's just annoying and ends up as noise.

Right now, NXT really needs to add some personality and energy into the show.  Everything is so sullen and lifeless, they really need to let their wrestlers show some personality.

You know what would have helped??  SHOTZI'S TANK~!

The gauntlet match was pretty nice, especially as a showcase for Shotzi.

Wilde getting kidnapped like Mendoza was slightly amusing.

Throughout the triple threat I couldn't help but think while there is plenty of neat stuff here it just feels moronic to have it done w/o a live audience. I just wish they would stop doing these shows during the current pandemic or at least focus on skits and promos. I just find myself wanting to ff during most of the matches.

Edited by Eivion

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Sam Roberts is slightly more tolerable when you don't have to actually look at him while he's talking.

Edit: I take that back. That nasally voice is stomach-churning.

He's insufferable. I briefly tuned in during Kushida/DJZ and tuned right out when I heard Roberts. He's lucky he has Jim Norton to carry him on their radio show.

Dexter Lumis is just that much more creepy on an empty stage.

Probably the best Purrazzo match to date. They did a good job pacing Blackheart's eventual lost to Kai.

The most I've seen out of Kushida in NXT, he seems way more comfortable against the lighter guys. Also, the one time the commentators were genuinely entertaining.

Also I know this isn't a big deal but after watching Dakota Kai I have to wonder what is in shorter supply in Orlando:  paper towels or hair extensions.  It looks like she doubled her hair in about a month.   Never understood the WWE obsession with hair extensions

Dexter Lumis character is awesome but he is just still not there as a wrestler.   That I guess version of the Big Bossman outside the ring punch was just laughable

@hammerva glad I'm not the only one that was shocked at Dakota's extensions. Beyonce should be jealous.

It's always jarring seeing wrestlers post stuff on IG or twitter and seeing their natural shorter hair and then seeing them wrestle with those extensions.