DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2019 WRESTLING PICTURES.

21 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Hard to think what the New Japan junior style would be like without these two setting the blueprint.

Rollerball Mark Rocco v Dynamite Kid

hqdefault.jpg

Nice! Rollerball doesn't nearly get the love he deserves round these parts.

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

He was and still is a bit of a gobshite, but my god I could watch his matches all day every day

Did he pull a cliched English turn as he aged and become a racist or something?  My only context for him is within matches themselves.

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

D-eP1zuX4AEuCXl.jpg

Happy 62nd birthday, Bret Hart. Bret Hart fan since I started watching wrestling at five years old.

And my 62nd is the 19th, I have always enjoyed the fact that Bret is ever-so-slightly older than I am.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Bustronaut said:

Did he pull a cliched English turn as he aged and become a racist or something?  My only context for him is within matches themselves.

In the UK we have a phrase called 'my cat's blacker than yours' for certain people who have always done something better than you or constantly try to one-up you. So you could be having a chat and say "I bench pressed 100kg today" and that person would reply "Great! I can bench press 102kg." That's Rocco.

This interview springs to mind, where he keeps talking over everyone to give it the big I am:

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2019 at 4:39 AM, The Natural said:

170px-Okada_TNA_Xplosion.jpg

d2f8fbf35f1f6b8a71be72a58bdc3779a8cdd67b

TNA. Oh dear. Oh dear, oh dear.

Boy, New Japan picked the wrong time to work with Impact. They'd be putting on some good stuff if they worked with Impact over ROH* today.

*Not that all of their work with ROH has been bad. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

The nice thing about Canada Day and Independence Day (no, not the movie) is that we can come together both days to celebrate Bret Hart and Owen Hart since they have/had American citizenship as well Canadian citizenship. Helen Hart was from New York. They also are/were Greek from their materal grandmother. Shoutout to @NikoBaltimore.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

In the UK we have a phrase called 'my cat's blacker than yours' for certain people who have always done something better than you or constantly try to one-up you. So you could be having a chat and say "I bench pressed 100kg today" and that person would reply "Great! I can bench press 102kg." That's Rocco.

This interview springs to mind, where he keeps talking over everyone to give it the big I am.

He's from Manchester, the most self-aggrandising city in Britain. What do you expect?