DVDVR Message Board

EURO 2020

Liam

• RIPPA pinned this topic

67 year old Chiellini celebrating like a motherfucker in the 92nd minute when he made that block trying to get a clean sheet while they're 3-0 up is A number one and not just because I stuck a fiver (I know, I know, such a big spender) on Italy to win the whole thing. 

The last year has been utter shite but, honestly, I've really been looking forward to this tournament and from booking days off work here and there, I figure I'll miss maybe 2 or 3 matches in total out of the 51. Of course the highlight before the tournament even began has been the Micah Richards/Roy Keane bromance on Sky Bet that everyone should watch and that someone smart should totally commission as a full length series involving the two.

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Will the little car be the star of the tournament? 

U2 definitely won't be, they are reaching Nickelback-level for me. And having Andrea Bocelli sing Nessun Dorma was about as predictable as it was great. Bocelli might not be Luciano Pavarotti, but who is?

Edited by Robert s

Wales vs Switzerland starting now. So, here is a picture of Xherdan Shaqiri, looking like a Rob Leifeld drawing but in real life:

Propaganda on Twitter: "More muscle. #LFC #XS #Shaqiri #LFCPreseason  #LiverpoolFC #muscle… "

Turned on Denmark vs. Finland knowing somethings wrong with shots of players, managers and the crowd in distress. I thought it's a really bad injury and then you see medics doing fucking CPR. Christian Eriksen collapsed.

Edited by The Natural

Just now, Jiji said:

Yeah, really scary. Nobody touched him. His eyes were wide open when being attended to but nobody was home. 

Jesus. Didn't see the fall. The Danish teammates surrounded Eriksen with their backs turned to give him privacy.

The direction here is disgusting, they showed Eriksen's face being obviously unconscious, later on you could see the medics doing CPR and than they showed his girlfriend or his wife crying. Fuck UEFA.

Edited by Robert s
  • Like 3

Fucking hell, honestly the worst thing I've ever seen watching a football match live and, yeah, the broadcast should immediately have cut back to the studio, absolutely no need to show the man receiving CPR. Referee deserves credit for acting immediately though.

I just hope he's okay. Football is irrelevant. 

Edited by Fuzzy Dunlop

I don't know if the countries has a serious rivalry but kudos for immediately realizing how bad it was and just stopped.  Especially fans

I am hoping the fans are all there in a form if tribute and not because nobody has told them a damn thing

Edited by hammerva

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It is probably more ESPN to be fair.  I mean UEFA has more to worry then optics

No, that was the international production, i.e. UEFA. I am watching on Swiss TV and apparently Austrian TV also showed the whole thing. They had the choice to cut the broadcast and switch to the studio and neither did so.

• Sad 1

just tuned in I guess 30 seconds after he collapsed on a whim. Was a surprised they kept cutting back to the situation when it was clear it had become a life or death situation, based on what the medical staff were doing.