DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting, I was just thinking earlier today about what it would take for CMLL to get me to actually shell out some money for them these days.  That match would absolutely do it for me.  

I really can't fathom why Hechicero isn't near or at the top of their cards at this point.  One of many of CMLL's mysteries.  How old is he anyway?  I can never seem to zero in on a number.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hijo Del Dr. Wagner Jr. is dressing the exact same as his dad now. It’s actually a lot more obvious how much he moves like his dad too. You also got Atlantis Jr getting better as well. I might be ready to move on to the next gen if they show this much potential.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

• 3 weeks later...

CMLL is just as stuck in their dumb ways(If not more so) as the WWE is.

I occasionally will check out the big matches, but I think I’m done with CMLL. They’ll never fucking improve. They are completely satisfied just to have tourists come on Fridays, but they’ve forgotten about making the local market, and long time fans happy with the product. Thankfully Lucha YouTube, and the indies are satisfying fans today if they aren’t into either big promotion.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
9 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I occasionally will check out the big matches, but I think I’m done with CMLL. They’ll never fucking improve. They are completely satisfied just to have tourists come on Fridays, but they’ve forgotten about making the local market, and long time fans happy with the product. Thankfully Lucha YouTube, and the indies are satisfying fans today if they aren’t into either big promotion

Some of the dryest, dullest wrestling TV I've ever seen, modern CMLL makes Kansas City seem like Mid-South.

9 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I occasionally will check out the big matches, but I think I’m done with CMLL. They’ll never fucking improve. They are completely satisfied just to have tourists come on Fridays, but they’ve forgotten about making the local market, and long time fans happy with the product. Thankfully Lucha YouTube, and the indies are satisfying fans today if they aren’t into either big promotion.

There are still hundreds of matches from decades of footage of CMLL I haven’t seen yet. It’ll take me a long time to get through those. 

I'm not paying for the match, but at least it's a match I'm legitimately interested in seeing.  

According to cubsfan, Hechicero is leading the voting for the heavyweight title match with UG at Aniversario.  Like, a very healthy lead, almost inevitable he's getting the shot.  A win tonight for Hechicero would be (gasp!) logical, giving him significant momentum and would show that CMLL is actually listening to its fans.  

Then again...well, you know...