DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

I've not been tuned in for a few years but caught Jarochita vs Reina Isis this morning and that felt like the most 2015 NXT Women's match that I've ever seen in CMLL. By a wide margin. They left it all out there. 

I just watched that.  That was fucking awesome.  I was baffled by Jarochita kicking out from a fricking Martinet, but other than that, that was big time.  I loved the reactions of the ladies in the audience.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I just watched that.  That was fucking awesome.  I was baffled by Jarochita kicking out from a fricking Martinet, but other than that, that was big time.  I loved the reactions of the ladies in the audience.

Yeah, the Martinet-followed-by-a-top-rope-splash bit was pretty weird layout, but other than that.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Yeah, the Martinet-followed-by-a-top-rope-splash bit was pretty weird layout, but other than that.. 

That match was all about the heat.  That was most MOLTEN crowd I've ever seen for a Lucha ladies match.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So like Rush is my favorite wrestler right now.  What do I absolutely need to see? 

Hilariously, when I went to Arena Mexico and got super trashed off those super cheap super large beers, Rush was in the main event vs. Volador Jr. where he did a shit you not pop-up kick to the balls that resonated.  Fucker kicked those balls into outer space.  I need more Rush. 

23 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

So like Rush is my favorite wrestler right now.  What do I absolutely need to see? 

Hilariously, when I went to Arena Mexico and got super trashed off those super cheap super large beers, Rush was in the main event vs. Volador Jr. where he did a shit you not pop-up kick to the balls that resonated.  Fucker kicked those balls into outer space.  I need more Rush. 

The luchablog MOTY lists are always a good resource. Rush started showing up all over them around 2013

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2020-motyc-list/2013-motyc-list/

Hello dear luchanerds. I humbly come to you with a question. Is there a match where Satanico and Negro Casas lock up? I’ve gone through a few trips where they are on opposite teams, but pair up with others. Still good matches though.

17 hours ago, Octopus said:

Hello dear luchanerds. I humbly come to you with a question. Is there a match where Satanico and Negro Casas lock up? I’ve gone through a few trips where they are on opposite teams, but pair up with others. Still good matches though.

https://youtu.be/6e28W19BERs

Satanico/Miguel Perez Jr/Ricky Santana vs Rayo de Jalisco Jr/Emilio Charles Jr/Negro Casas (CMLL on Televisa - October 7th, 1994)

There's an extended Casas vs. Satanico segment that starts within the first five minutes. Casas is a total shitbird and Satanico just dads on him. It rules.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, John E. Dynamite said:

https://youtu.be/6e28W19BERs

Satanico/Miguel Perez Jr/Ricky Santana vs Rayo de Jalisco Jr/Emilio Charles Jr/Negro Casas (CMLL on Televisa - October 7th, 1994)

There's an extended Casas vs. Satanico segment that starts within the first five minutes. Casas is a total shitbird and Satanico just dads on him. It rules.

2-C985-F48-E6-F8-41-DF-A6-D8-EBEB9-BA727thanks bud!

I loved their segment so much. Thanks again, @John E. Dynamite! I love that it starts with Satanico cheap shoting Emilio Charles Jr and Casas clearly taking offense to that. Checking on him on the outside, such great facials. Then coming into the match and just teasing him with the sweep the legs motion. Hahaha, reminds me of when my friend during a video class had a dick mock his edit so I came in and teased the other guy’s hat. Very relatable, Mr Casas. But fantastic mullet Satanico is not to be messed with, unlike that bitch-ass Hat-Justin with his stupid bitch-ass hat (fuck that guy. If you’re reading this, fuck you, Hat-Justin). Dadding him is a great way to put it. Reminds me of There Will Be Blood when Daniel Plainview shoves and drags Eli through the mud. Total power dynamic of who the stronger man is. I mention is previous posts how I love the physical display of struggle and this fits that perfectly. Appearance of uncooperative grappling in all of its uncomfortable glory. Like an uncle and a cousin drunk at Thanksgiving going too far with their political talk. A good deal of time is spent on this wonderful locked segment, and on their journey we experience Satanico strained successes at getting Negro Casas into holds, stretches, and submissions. All this leads to a standing front headlock that Casas musters the strength to flip Satanico over with a Suplex. BEAUTIFULLY EARNED MOMENT! I rejoiced! I love wrestling and I love these two so much. And I love you John E Dynamite for bringing this into my life. I wish you the generations that are lucky enough to come after you success and happiness. 

Negro Casas looks around as Satanico sells the reversal. Both men, brief in their reaction to the moment, react with the needed pause to enhance their roll in this morality play. Satanico gets to his feet and these two STAND OFF. Satanico’s pose is hunched over with his arms close together in what can only be described as a barbaric wizard, with his fight palm facing Negro Casas, ready to simultaneously clobber his skull and rip out his soul. Negro Casas, the thinner trickster is more upright with his legs trying to find proper placement, as his he’s in Street Fighter 2: Turbo Edition. Switching sides, back and forth, trying to find the right stance to strike with. Sweat pours down my forehead as the they both reach their left hands towards each other. What are you doing, Casas?! Satanico has proven you are no match in the game of grapple. You lock knuckles and you’re done for, sir. Raising his hand,  trying to find the right position to lock up, that son of a gun Negro Casas kicks Satanico in the leg. Then follows up with a spinning kick that is mostly blocked, due to Satanico’s mostly hunched position.

Second stand off is is much shorter if a wait. Negro Casas mockingly slaps Satanico. In a rage, Satanico charges forward swinging. If he can connect or even force a grab on Negro Casas, he can likely bend him in ways that God didn’t intend for the human body to experience until the sinful man’s unforgiven series of unholy decisions lead to events regretfully earned moments in the woodshed in the center of a pit of fire, based off the teachings of this pamphlet I’d love to share with you if you let me into your living room. Luckily, Negro Casas is too slippery and can evade attempts. Not until he is backed into the turnbuckle. Satanico is going to kill him! Payoff from the beginning, Emilio Charles Jr runs in and attacks Satanico. They throw punches. Wildness ensues. This leads to the next match off of characters. 

I am too out of breath to continue. I will continue watching later maybe after a shower and a celebratory beer. Yes, celebrating the wonders and joys of lucha lives and the awe inspiring characters that resides inside of her. Bless us all and bless Lucha.

Yes! That fall fits so well as a parallel to how hard Negro Casas was struggling and straining in his grapple segment with Satanico. Perfect way to put him down and would be wonderful to revisit for a feisty baby face being put over through a loss.

I legitimately love this match so much lol

Hmm, it's really interesting that they’re broadcasting it, since it's apparently one of the Ticketmaster shows this time.  If it keeps going as planned, the final two matches should definitely be worth a watch:

Ángel de Oro, Bárbaro Cavernario, Niebla Roja vs Dragón Rojo Jr., Oráculo, Templario
Volador Jr.  vs Rocky Romero 

(credit to cubsfan)

Edited by Evil Otto
  • Like 3