DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

I'm guessing it's asking too much for CMLL to have some "never before seen on the internet" matches ready for upload in case Corona knocks out their shows.

Liga MX, the AAA channel on PlutoTV, and CMLL are pretty much the only things left between us and a total sporting desert

On topic but not lucha related; athorities here in Mexico are expecting COVID-19 to reach community transmission stage between the 20th and 30th of March (That's when events suspentions start to take place)

Let’s fight the virus...with Virus! What’s everyone’s favorite Virus match? He’s on my watch list and I’ve seen nothing. I have a lot of time coming and a desire to ingest lots of wrestling this coming week. Learning more about lucha has been very rewarding for me. Thanks guys.

I've been watching a bunch of recent Ricky Marvin matches and I really feel like he's on his way to becoming his generation's Black Terry. He's athletic to keep up with the youngsters and he's got enough veteran in him to  know how to convincingly beat the shit out of those guys. Give me all the old, fat Ricky Marvin matches in the world.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting note from Meltz:

One of the most amazing streaks in wrestling is about to come to an end. Felino has wrestled at least one match in every month since April 1991, or almost 29 years without a serious enough injury to put him out of action. And he hardly wrestled a no-risk style. Unless he does a match in the next two weeks, which is unlikely, the streak will end.

That's pretty nuts when you think about it. Felino was never the craziest flier even in his prime, but he always worked his ass off and I can't remember him "taking the night off" or dogging it whenever I saw him.

Interesting note from Meltz:

One of the most amazing streaks in wrestling is about to come to an end. Felino has wrestled at least one match in every month since April 1991, or almost 29 years without a serious enough injury to put him out of action. And he hardly wrestled a no-risk style. Unless he does a match in the next two weeks, which is unlikely, the streak will end.

That's pretty nuts when you think about it. Felino was never the craziest flier even in his prime, but he always worked his ass off and I can't remember him "taking the night off" or dogging it whenever I saw him.

Saw this in the general thread but if there's anything good to come out of it at least he has everything backed up.  Whether he puts it back up is up to him but at least the footage is not lost.

But as somebody that doesn't follow lucha yet has seen CMLL for a period of time I do find it funny that they play licensed music all the time yet have an issue with stuff on Youtube.  Seems to me like a pot calling the kettle black type scenario even if they're legally right to do this.  Going from here hopefully he'll see that there's enough support and interest to consider uploading these to another platform like Dailymotion or elsewhere.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 7:48 AM, Matt D said:

I know nothing about any of this. I haven't been paying attention at all. Why is this video well over an hour and am I mandated to have to watch it anyway?

I finally watched this and it’s a damn fine match. Maybe the emotion of it all sucked me in but this might be my current match of the year. The struggle to pull off moves, the use of medics, the little kid throwing his water cup, the apron fight, all of it was just so wonderful. I am exhausted and sweaty now. 

On 7/24/2020 at 4:17 PM, odessasteps said:

Salvador Lutteroth, the person who is running CMLL at the moment, appears on a Comic-Con panel this Saturday at 7 pm CT

a sentence I would not have expected.

Not the dead one (although I'm sure there are seance podcasts out there) or Chavo who gave up his power to Paco Alonso, but Chavo III (the original Salvador's grandson) correct?

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

• 2 weeks later...

So I was watching El Rey at my mom's house last Sunday since I don't get the channel anymore (oh, the perils of cutting the cord)  I noticed on there that Vampiro has some kind of talk show where he goes on about who knows what in the first segment then the next ones have a guest.  I didn't see all of it but was wondering if anybody checked these out.  I find the episode guide to have interesting subjects but not sure if I can do a half hour of Vampiro.

• Haha 1