DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I’m very proud of myself for successfully uniting the Geth and the Quarians without using a walkthrough. I guess this is where Tali died when I played this the first time all those years ago. This time, happy ending! For now, anyway.

Also the origin story for Banshees shouldn’t surprise me now that I actually think about it, but man, I honestly didn’t see that coming.

Hey, about the Banshees:

Spoiler

If you "recruit" Samara's daughter, Morinth, for your team by betraying Samara during Samara's loyalty mission, Morinth has a cameo in ME3!

She's one of the Banshees you encounter during the final assault on Earth.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

Hey, about the Banshees:

Hide contents

If you "recruit" Samara's daughter, Morinth, for your team by betraying Samara during Samara's loyalty mission, Morinth has a cameo in ME3!

She's one of the Banshees you encounter during the final assault on Earth.

You can get something similar to this if you get the notification that something's happening at Grissom Academy in ME3 and then just don't go.

Whether you go or not, you run into Jack again.

Speaking of Zaeed - just did his loyalty mission since it is the easiest. 

Plus - I needed the credits and that one has a lot in it.

Yeah... I am now officially bitter of over the change in what you carryover from ME to ME2 since I ran out of money already

Weird that it feels like I'm towards the later part of ME3 and everyone from the previous two games has shown up, except for Kasumi. I know she shows up, since I checked, but I'm not sure when. I have a feeling it's related to Kai Leng for some reason, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll probably find out tonight, since if I am towards the end of the game, I might end up finishing it tonight. I don't know if the galactic readiness meter is any indication of how much you have left of the game, but I'm really close to filling the bar up.

Speaking of Kai Leng... his whole little story arc feels tacked on and out of place from the rest of the story. As does Miranda's stuff. I have a bad feeling that giving her access to Alliance stuff will come back to bite me in the ass. Her apology for wanting to put a tracker on FemShep during the events of ME2 felt really fake.

Last thing - the dialogue between FemShep and Jacob, if you hooked up previously in ME2, is hilariously awkward when he's getting patched up at that base before you fix the AA guns. Also, like, whoa Jacob, you love FemShep after spending (what was probably) a few months with her on a ship and fighting space monsters? C'mon dude.

EDIT: OH! Talking to Conrad a few times in a row, and he asks about thermal clips and makes a meta comment about how that's a regression, going from cool downs to thermal clips. Love it. Now someone needs to make a crack about how fucking shitty the journal is compared to ME2.

Edited by Casey

15 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Glad i took Zaeed on the mission to get Jack. He has a couple good one liners.

Zaeed's one liners in Jack and Garrus's recruitment missions are pretty funny.

Grunt is a must take squaddie for Jack's recruitment.  Grunt is initially disappointed and unimpressed with Jack, but then perks up when Jack goes apeshit and starts tearing Purgatory apart.

14 hours ago, Casey said:

EDIT: OH! Talking to Conrad a few times in a row, and he asks about thermal clips and makes a meta comment about how that's a regression, going from cool downs to thermal clips. Love it. Now someone needs to make a crack about how fucking shitty the journal is compared to ME2.

Conrad also talks about living off of credits and gear he finds discarded containers which is a crack on the meta of loot boxes.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I still remain a mark for The Gun That Killed Two Presidents

And I am not sure I ever noticed that Hock had stolen the two statues from the Citadel

• Like 1

Figured out why I haven't seen Kasumi - I missed the mission that she was included in, the Elcor one or whatever. Oh well. That's two missions (that I know of) that I either have and didn't complete, or just outright missed the dialogue for when I was on a planet. The other one involved Aria's couch.

Playing the Citadel DLC for what feels like two hours now. That was a reveal I wasn't expecting. Just such goofy shit, I love it. I'm doing the party right now, I can already tell this is something that I'll watch on YouTube to get all the different conversations and whatnot.

I did like that, finally, someone actually - by name - mentioned that FemShep was in a relationship with Liara. And, go figure, it was Vega. Then he's upstairs showing off his muscles to two people FemShep has had sex with. Geez. 

For you folks still rumbling with ME1, do not sleep on the value of Devlon Industries armor.  One person in the squad wearing Level X DI armor will make the entire team immune to Level I environmental hazards and slow down the timer for Level II hazards.

I usually have at least two squaddies in DI armor (Liara and sometimes Tali).

I remembered that only because I thought about Mark's post about piddling around during his EVA on a hazard planet to the point where he started taking damage.

Edited by J.T.

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Of course the fucking murderer of said 2 Presidents was a wack job from Virginia

Lang was captured alive after assassinating two world leaders at the same time and is serving a life sentence for his crime in the ME timeline, proving that Mass Effect is a work of speculative fiction.

I tried not to laugh at the racist "Obviously, Lang was not a black man," joke a black co-worker made the other day, but I failed.

Edited by J.T.

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Did he learn how to shoot in the Space Marines? 

No. Lang was able to conceal the M-12 Locust SMG in a shoulder mounted camera and posed as a media official.  He got up close enough to kill both men.  The bullets from the Locust SMG went through the Chinese premier and also struck the UNAS president.

ME2 Locust > ME3 Locust.

In proper ISIS fashion, Lang was radicalized by xenophobic material on the Extranet and secured funding and materiel support from a member of Cerberus for his plot.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I also chuckled because I forgot that the space monkeys were on the planet that you do Zaeed's loyalty mission on

There is also the Kill The Pyjacks mini-game on Tuchanka.

Edited by J.T.

The best thing about the M-12 Locust information entry is how it handwaves away the meta of both Shepard and Kasumi both having access to the Locust in their load-out saying how the weapon's DRM coding has been stripped so that a duplicate of the original Gun That Killed Two Presidents can be minifactured from Omni-Gel via an Omni-Tool.

Edited by J.T.

I am always forgetting to talk to squaddies while wandering around this time around, so I missed Tali's snarky comments while walking around the Council chamber or hearing Ashley and Kaiden's thoughts about why the Geth impale humans on Dragon's Teeth while standing at the Dig Site (THE GETH JUST WANT US TO SUFFER~!  IT'S A TERROR TACTIC~!!!).....

...until you go up the ramps to the camp and find out first hand what Dragon's Teeth actually do.

Edited by J.T.

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I forgot how fucking grim ME2 can get

Like the absolute horror movie that the MSV Corsica is

I kinda wish they *didn't* fix the graphic bug in the end of Overlord.  I mean the end was bad, but holy shit it's 1000x worse with David's black and red eyes.