DVDVR Message Board

MASS EFFECT FRANCHISE CATCH-ALL THREAD

RIPPA

On 6/10/2021 at 11:40 AM, J.T. said:

This is why I like how the Saints Row, The Witcher, and GTA games seem to make fun of romance mechanics in other games.

"Hey Kinzie, wanna fuck?"

makes me laugh every damn time

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

That is... not comforting ? I don't remember ANYTHING about ME3, not even who the squadmates are really. So when I get to that game, it'll be fun since the story beats and stuff will be, more or less, brand new to me.

For the vent run, you'll need a good tech to run the locks.  Kasumi, Legion, and Tali are the best choices.  I tend to make Garrus my diversion team leader, but Jacob or Miranda can handle the mission.  I tend to take Jack, Thane, or Samara with me to cover my tech since Collectors are assholes with Barriers and anything with Warp comes in real handy.

The team made it out of the suicide mission in tact, so the only trophies I have left for that game are the two powers based ones. Which is exactly what happened to me in the first game. The only stressful part of that final mission was running out of ammo RIGHT at the end, like I was literally down to using a shotgun, which isn't super effective with that final "boss". But it worked, so whatever!

Started ME3, and I did a few cosmetic changes to my character. I figured FemShep, after going against the Illusive Man's wishes at the end of ME2, would want everything they/I did to her in ME2 as it relates to having biotic powers, so she's now just a straight up soldier. Changed the hair and the face just a tiny bit - still don't like how the Shep models look VS the other characters in the game... too smooth and "new" looking, if that makes sense. But anyway, my FemShep now resembles Sonya Deville and I'm here for it. I'm going to romance Liara again and complete my love story, goddamnit. Sorry, Jacob.

Bits and pieces of this game are coming back to my memory, like galactic readiness and parts of the (once again) re-designed Citadel. Vaguely remember the Mars mission, too. But for the most part, it's kinda new. I absolutely do not remember this James Vega character, though. I love that every game in this trilogy, at the start of the next entry, after spending countless hours developing love for some of these characters... you can go another handful of hours without meeting any of them. I thought for sure that Eva lady on Mars was Miranda at first. I have a vague idea/memory of what ends up happening with that Eva woman, but I'm not 100%. Which I'm okay with, because I barely remember this game.

Combat in this game is an even better improvement on ME2 than that game was on ME1. I like that I can mod weapons, too. And I now seemingly have unlimited stamina to run, hooray!

Also, PS5 people - am I really the only one that's having trophy issues with this game and ME2? None of them pop up when you press the PS button while you're in the game. I thought, during ME2, that it was just a glitch because I still had trophies to earn in ME1, but when I cleared those, the ones for the sequel never popped. Now, this time, even the ones leftover from ME2 aren't showing up during ME3. No problems having them pop or anything, just can't view them from the PS button dash or whatever it's called. Which might be for the best, so these power based ones aren't taunting me - seriously, I have to do those 100 times?! The last two games were like 50 and 25 each or something. Come on!

19 minutes ago, Casey said:

The team made it out of the suicide mission in tact, so the only trophies I have left for that game are the two powers based ones. Which is exactly what happened to me in the first game. The only stressful part of that final mission was running out of ammo RIGHT at the end, like I was literally down to using a shotgun, which isn't super effective with that final "boss". But it worked, so whatever!

Ammo, schmammo.

Two shots from the Cain will kill the Proto-Reaper and the Ordinance Packs (leg armor piece) that are available at Harrot's Emporium after the Collector Ship mission brings the total firing charge of the Cain up to 215%.

The only problem with the Cain is the slow projectile speed and it is possible for the Proto-Reaper to dodge the projectile during some stages of the boss fight.  Do not fire the Cain unless you are certain that you will hit your target.

Edited by J.T.

After barely having problems blowing thru the first game, I’ve come close to dying a couple times already. And yes, JT, that’s even with me using cover, maybe I did a poor job in allocating my initial points (playing as my usual infiltrator). 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

After barely having problems blowing thru the first game, I’ve come close to dying a couple times already. And yes, JT, that’s even with me using cover, maybe I did a poor job in allocating my initial points (playing as my usual infiltrator). 

That's not unusual and it's not really your fault.

The power creep from ME1 changes into culture shock when you play ME2.  It is easy to get thwacked during your first ME2 recruitment missions as automatic weapons fire will decimate your tissue thin shields / barrier. 

You'll notice the difference in shield / barrier strength after leveling up and researching a few upgrades, but players who want to run and gun in ME2 thinking that they are wearing Mantis or Colossus armor from ME1 will get melted.

• Haha 1

I've got 3 main missions and the Citadel DLC left, and my Galactic Readiness is already maxxed.  I think i'm good for the finale.  so that's a Sentinel run down.

Now I got to figure out what I'm gonna do with FemShep.  Biotic Charge and Vanguarding is calling my name, but I'm also partial to Solider and just swapping out whatever ammo I want.

Meanwhile I am out here finishing up Geth Incursions... again

Will hit Noveria sometime this evening.

And then its just Bringing Down the Sky and the rest of the main story.

So tired of this game

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meanwhile I am out here finishing up Geth Incursions... again

Will hit Noveria sometime this evening.

And then its just Bringing Down the Sky and the rest of the main story.

So tired of this game

I finished my Feros with my FemShep this morning before heading into work. 

Yeah.  I need to start binging ME2 really soon.

So, I've been looking at a couple of guides for the proper mission order for ME2. I've always been of the understanding that once you complete the Reaper IFF mission you have the ability to do one mission before you have to hit the Omega 4 Relay if you don't want the Normandy crew getting turned into Soylent Green. That mission is, of course, Legion's loyalty mission.

Now, however, I'm seeing some things that say that you can do two, theoretically allowing you to bring Legion on Tali's loyalty mission (for the lulz, presumably) and then doing Legion's loyalty mission before you go after the Collector base.

Obviously I'll do a save before I go do the Reaper IFF mission, but this seems like a theory worth testing.

1 hour ago, Gonzo said:

So, I've been looking at a couple of guides for the proper mission order for ME2. I've always been of the understanding that once you complete the Reaper IFF mission you have the ability to do one mission before you have to hit the Omega 4 Relay if you don't want the Normandy crew getting turned into Soylent Green. That mission is, of course, Legion's loyalty mission.

Now, however, I'm seeing some things that say that you can do two, theoretically allowing you to bring Legion on Tali's loyalty mission (for the lulz, presumably) and then doing Legion's loyalty mission before you go after the Collector base.

Obviously I'll do a save before I go do the Reaper IFF mission, but this seems like a theory worth testing.

I think you have 3 missions from the IFF to hitting the Relay(if you don't go right to Legion's loyalty mission after getting him, that's the only exception).  After the 4th it's half the crew, 5th takes the rest.  Chawaks always survives until the team shows up (and you always get at least 1 crewmember Soylented no matter when you go?

So, I find it odd in the LE that the level caps for all 3 on first playthrough are off, you can in theory get about everything in 1 in 1 playthrough,  the cap at 50 is off for 3, but you still can't upgrade past mark V on any weapon but the N7 Valkyrie (as long as you picked it up on Omega) on the first playthrough.

Edited by Raziel

It depends on how many loyalty missions you have left

If everyone is already loyal - you only get 1 mission (which is basically Legion's loyalty)

If you have 2 loyalty missions left - specifically Tali and Legion - you can get it all done

Stolen from Wiki

• Do everything but Tali's loyalty mission.
  • Do the mission to obtain the Reaper IFF.
  • Do Tali's loyalty mission.
  • Do Legion's loyalty mission.
  • At this point, you should actually be out of things to do, and you'll be wondering why the Collectors haven't attacked yet. Go click your galaxy map. This should trigger the Collector invasion.
  • Once it is over, go straight through the Omega IV relay. You don't have anything else left to do anyway!

The confusion is that it is three JUMPS not missions

Basically what I am saying is you might have to go WAY back in your playthrough depending on your saves (or just do a 2nd playthrough)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The confusion is that it is three JUMPS not missions

Basically what I am saying is you might have to go WAY back in your playthrough depending on your saves (or just do a 2nd playthrough)

I should be alright. Just finished the Collector Ship so I pretty much have nothing but loyalty missions left to do. Only loyalty missions I've done so far are Kasumi's and Miranda's.

I don't think I've ever taken Legion on Tali's loyalty mission before. A good time shall be had by all.

Wrex: This is why I love you guys!  Why shoot something once when you can shoot it another 46 times!

I forgot how fun the Citadel DLC was.

Edited by Raziel
  • Haha 1

It never fails, I always end up doing the DLC for these games first. I had no clue the Omega stuff was DLC, and somewhere after the mech fight I kind of realized “oh, hey, this is taking way too long to be just a normal mission”.

ME 3 at least launches the all the DLC from the Citadel so your generally safe.

The plus side if you're doing Omega now is you get a whole bunch of good guns and arguably the best rifle in the game and have it early.  The down side is the Adjuncts are way more squishy with leveled up powers.

• Like 1

Yeah - I tend to do Omega early too.

The only DLC you should wait to the absolute last minute on is Citadel since when you do it effects who and how many people are at your party

Clearing out the garage on Noveria finally put me over the top for Level 60

So that is one more thing done

Realized that if I had done Bringing Down the Sky on my 1st pass - there would have been a real shot at me getting the 1000 kills achievement before leaving the first game

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Clearing out the garage on Noveria finally put me over the top for Level 60

So that is one more thing done

Realized that if I had done Bringing Down the Sky on my 1st pass - there would have been a real shot at me getting the 1000 kills achievement before leaving the first game

My FemShep is 58 coming out of Noveria.  I still have the Geth Insurgency, the Renegade Morality mission, two Cerberus related missions (Toombs and the Kahoku mission leading up to Hades's Dogs), and the the Rachni missions left to do before I tackle Virmire and Bring on the Sky.   

I think she will just crack 60 during Ilos / Endgame.  I just have to remember that there are three Threshers to fight on the planet where the Renegade morality mission takes place and to run around on the planet where the Paragon morality mission is and grab all of the collectables.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, J.T. said:

I just have to remember that there are three Threshers to fight on the planet where the Renegade morality mission takes place and to run around on the planet where the Paragon morality mission is and grab all of the collectables.

There are only 2 Thresher Maws on Nonuel and both of them are right on the edge of the map so Joker kept yelling at me while I was fighting them

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

You guys are absolute masochists if you're doing multiple playthroughs of ME1 or still playing it just to get to level 60. Good lord, no thank you ?

Doing this cemented that when I was doing my FemShep playthrough - I am playing it in Legendary Mode

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There are only 2 Thresher Maws on Nonuel and both of them are right on the edge of the map so Joker kept yelling at me while I was fighting them

Yeah, there's only two.   I'm miscounting and yeah, both are on the edge of the map and Joker does not like that.

I guess I was trying to say that there is more than one, which is unusual for the other planets in the galaxy.

Edited by J.T.