DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

This is what Bioware stated when the trilogy is released so I am assuming it still holds true

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk.  For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission.  For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.  On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE.  For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3. On PlayStation 3, Bring Down the Sky will be included both on disc and on the PSN download, Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Genesis; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.

In terms of must have: 
ME 1 - Bring Down The Sky
ME 2 - Kasumi, Lair of Shadow Broker
ME 3 - Citadel

I will add that Arrival on ME2 - while it isn't a MUST in terms of the gameplay - does serve as a nice bridge in the story from ME2 to ME3

Aw, I love Arrival especially when Shep's class is an Infiltrator.  The solo mission makes him seem like more of a badass than usual, especially in the endgame scenario when you are just ripping through station security forces.

Being an Infiltrator or an Engineer also makes the Last Stand achievment / trophy trivial because you can hack the YMIR mech to do your dirty work for you and improve your chances of survivng the entire assault..

I know what you are saying - I just always found it stupid that you do it solo.

But you hate Batarians so no wonder you love that mission :-)

I know what you are saying - I just always found it stupid that you do it solo.

But you hate Batarians so no wonder you love that mission :-)

The solo mission immersion works best in Arrival if you are an infiltrator since one of the achievements depends on being unsuspected and undetected.  It would've been nice for replay if they had an additional achievement for Arrival that was geared towards direct approach combatants.. 

There should've been an achievement for Soldiers / Sentinels / and Vanguards for going in guns blazing and one for Infiltrators / Adepts / and Engineers for taking the stealth route.

And yeah, after the Paragon ending Bring Down The Sky, I needed a mission that gave me a chance to shoot more Batarians in the head.

I love the last fight of Arrival, if only because it allows me to use slam to launch enemies into space.  I get an inordinate amount of enjoyment from doing that.

The last fight in ME was made memorable by Liara making the encounters with Geth Juggernauts and charging Krogan less than frightening because of her ability to use Lift and make them drift away harmlessly to their doom.

I love the last fight of Arrival, if only because it allows me to use slam to launch enemies into space.  I get an inordinate amount of enjoyment from doing that.

You can do it on the Shadow Broker's ship as well.

The last fight in ME was made memorable by Liara making the encounters with Geth Juggernauts and charging Krogan less than frightening because of her ability to use Lift and make them drift away harmlessly to their doom.

I usually use an adept in ME1.  So many hilarious ways to take guys out in that final fight.  Use lift on charging Krogan and watch them float off into the ether.  Use throw to shoot Geth off into space.  Makes the final fight a breeze too.

You can do it on the Shadow Broker's ship as well.

It's even better on the Broker's ship, because you get the added bonus of watching em get struck by the capacitor discharges after you fling them to their doom.

There are a couple of times in the series where being a Infiltrator with properly speced Tactical Cloak utterly breaks the game

Yep.  I thought doing Tali's recruitment mission on Hardcore difficulty so that I could get the Pulse Rifle was going to be a challenge and then I remembered that I had Tac Cloak and AI Hacking in my power set.

The Haestrom dream team of Miranda and Garrus spamming double Overloads just made it that miuch easier.

Tali, Garrus, and I also waltzed though Tali's loyalty mission.

This is what Bioware stated when the trilogy is released so I am assuming it still holds true

What DLC is included in the Mass Effect Trilogy?

On PC, Mass Effect will include Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station on disk.  For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included which features Zaeed – The Price of Revenge, The Firewalker Pack, Cerberus Assault Gear, Arc Projector heavy weapon, and Normandy Crash site mission.  For Mass Effect 3, Online Pass will be included granting players access to co-op multiplayer.  On Xbox 360, Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station are not included, however they are available as stand-alone downloads through Xbox LIVE.  For Mass Effect 2, Cerberus Network will be included and Online Pass will be included for Mass Effect 3. On PlayStation 3, Bring Down the Sky will be included both on disc and on the PSN download, Mass Effect 2 will still have the same DLC on-disc that it was originally shipped with: Cerberus Network; Genesis; Kasumi; Overlord; and Lair of the Shadow Broker. Finally, Mass Effect 3 will also be exactly as it originally shipped.

In terms of must have: 
ME 1 - Bring Down The Sky
ME 2 - Kasumi, Lair of Shadow Broker
ME 3 - Citadel

Add Leviathan for ME 3 for the storyline aspect. It really should have been part of the main game in the first place.

Eh, I think Levithan is skippable. Actually, Omega is better, I think.

You need the Cerberus Network for ME2 to unlock Zaeed, but I think that's included in every version.

Arrival is important, but what Shepard does to the noble and beautiful Batarian race is still an injustice he must pay for.

EDIT: Oh my God! We're all forgetting From Ashes for ME3! It paints a more complete story plus adds a badass party member for you in the game. It's mandatory.

Omega is fun and it is helpful if nothing else because it fills in the gap in the story of things that are teased.

But since - like Arrival - it does have a playthrough gimmick - it might not be everyone's cup of tea

Eh, I think Levithan is skippable. Actually, Omega is better, I think.

You need the Cerberus Network for ME2 to unlock Zaeed, but I think that's included in every version.

Arrival is important, but what Shepard does to the noble and beautiful Batarian race is still an injustice he must pay for.

EDIT: Oh my God! We're all forgetting From Ashes for ME3! It paints a more complete story plus adds a badass party member for you in the game. It's mandatory.

I had forgotten that From Ashes was actually DLC.  Definitely need that.  Decent mission, and adds a bunch to the main game storyline.

If "story content" is the criteria then yeah, From Ashes and Omega, are must haves for ME3 because they change the feel of the story.

At no time in the metaplot do the events from Leviathan ever change anything or even feel like they change anything.

Arrival annoys me.  If I have had this super-duper, James Bond 007 QEC in my private quarters hidden in my model collection display shelving the whole time, why does no one ever use it to contact me in ME2 or ME3?

I'm really kicking myself for not playing these games earlier.  Because they're fucking awesome.

Fuck the Matriarch, she was fucking hard.  That fight took me 15 times before I got the pattern and proper kitout down (I was using damage vs. Synthetic upgrades instead of vs. organics).  Course, could also be because I did Noveria first and it kinda seems that I should've saved that for last.  I'm on Virmire now (did Feros and got Liara), but I'm wondering if I'm going too fast.  I'm about 10 hours in with my crew around level 30.  Course, I barely did any sidequests yet and will do them once I'm past Virmire, but since I'm already grabbing Level 8 gear, I'm thinking I'm close to the end storywise?  If so, cool, I want to get through the story and move on to 2 if I'm near the end, and do a more methodical, take my time doing *everything* approach to my second playthrough with another class.

Well being the highest level possible going into ME2 helps because the higher level you are gives you a better bonus going into 2. It is virtually impossible to max out Level 60 on one playthrough but you should be able to get around Level 50 or so.

After Virmire - you have two major plot points left (well 3 if you count a trip to the Citadel) - so you are about 75% of the way through the main storyline.

If you plan on doing sidequests - you MUST do them before going to your next planet after Virmire. Once you go there you are straight through to the end of the story.

Also - doing all the sidequests are nice because even the small stuff carries on to the next games so you deciding how to handle them make the story better.