DVDVR Message Board

WWE HALL OF FAME 2017

RIPPA

Beth Phoenix is 100% a Hall of Famer. She was the linchpin of that division for a good while, and had some really good to great matches with several Divas. She's also, by all accounts, a pretty fantastic human being...

• Like 7

The WWE put up all the HOF highlight videos on their Youtube Channel

Just because it was the one I was watching and who y'all where talking about

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That video is fucking amazing.

@Rev Ray needs to break that down like he used to break down the Hardy videos

Luke Gallows kid not wanting to be a wrestler might have been my favorite part

Randy Orton making a "This fucking guy" face behind MizDad's back is the funniest thing he's done since RNN. 

• Like 1

And let me just say what everyone else is thinking: The benefit to the RnRs putting sheets across the podium like that is Robert can read two of them at the same time. 

I'll show myself out. 

• Like 3

The show is wayy too long but it's not for the fans or the audience, it's for old wrestlers getting one last spotlight. DDP and the RnR were so great. Angle's speech was very measured and definitely not a retirement speech. 

Kurt's speech ruled because it was the Kurt Angle match of Hall of Fame speeches. He just literally chucked out high spots to get pops and each one was better than the last. Although oddly it was probably the one speech all night that didn't feel like it had twenty false finishes. 

• Like 4

Thought it was a great show as well. Bischoff/DDP, Cornette/Rock n Rolls, and Natalya/Beth were all really good-great speeches. Rude's son did well and I absolutely loved Teddy giving us a "One on one... with the Undertaker!!" and the classic tag Team match!, great stuff. Loved Angle's speech but was a little disappointed that it wasn't longer considering he was the headliner but the speech seemed shorter than most of the others. Always enjoy these every year.

The headliner seems to get cut short every year because the show runs so damn long.

It's literally my favorite thing WWE does every year (other than maybe Revival tag matches) and I loved it again. Teddy leaning hard into his tropes and cliches was perfect.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

Dave sounded pretty taken back by that. It threw him off during his long winded rant. 

The best part was him being all THE ADDED BEARCAT WRIGHT AND DIDN'T TAKE LUTHER LINDSAY OUT?!?!?!?! like the WWE recognizing two black wrestlers was going to throw the Earth off its axis or something

• Like 2

Seriously, this is great news as Steve Yohe, myself and some others have been lobbying to get Bearcat Wright on the WON HOF Ballot, (or even better, have Dave put him in by fiat). Probably the biggest NA star not enshrined (unless you want to debate  Pedro Morales), either way, the man belongs in every wrestling HOF there is.

They damn well better put the Destroyer (Dick Beyer) in next year (hopefully the man will still be around to enjoy it), far as I know he's doing great, but he is 86 years old. Last I heard he still goes golfing with fans everyday, so he's in pretty good shape, but still...

Just getting a chance to start this now. I'm on the red carpet. Look. Alexa Bliss' heel persona is a national treasure and she should not be allowed to be out of character on WWE TV.

Also, I love how Corbin's date looked exactly as uninterested as he did.

• Like 2

I'm still playing catch up when I can. There was the moment where Ricky talked about Gibson, turned around, and reached out for him, his hand shaking and Robert, thinking it'd be just a handshake and not whatever Ricky was going for, finally met him half way. It was like one last hot tag.