DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

OH! It is just for completing that quest. And gender mattered. Oh okay...

Of course - I really should have been wearing it when I ran into Malcolm Latimer again.

Oh well...

Up to level 11. I have the drive in now and like 3 settlers have moved into it. The local leader perk makes building up each settlement much easier. Currently at the police department in Cambridge. Was insane getting there - insane fun that is.

People keep attacking the drive-in. There's only 3 people but I have a couple of machine gun turrets, a tesla thing and some guard stations. They only have 6 or something for food. I guess they get attacked b/c they have a lot of water b/c I purified that big radioactive puddle in the middle.

Is there a point when settlements start getting attacked?

I haven't had any of them yet and I have only set up defense at Sanctuary (though to be fair - the only other one I have people living at is the two people who you get the first Minutemen mission from)

Is there a point when settlements start getting attacked?

I haven't had any of them yet and I have only set up defense at Sanctuary (though to be fair - the only other one I have people living at is the two people who you get the first Minutemen mission from)

I don't think my Sanctuary has ever been attacked, and it has a shitload of water and food.  The drive-thru and the gas station get attacked every two minutes.  I swear every time I go to either of those places I have to kill a bunch of super mutants.  My defense at Santuary is less than what it probably should be, and I've kind of wanted to see what it would look like if I got raided.  I'm thinking that people understand I'm a straight up G and they don't want these problems. 

Sanctuary is the only settlement I've upgraded at all.  They're low on food, but they've got all the water they can drink, 15 generators, and a ridiculously high defense level.  I want to see the mutants give it a go.

Finally found Piper last night.  She was in Sanctuary after all, out working on the few crops I have there.  We wiped out a gunner outpost, and then did some flirting, while a series of explosions went off all around us.  Turned out a Vertibird had crashed into a tractor trailer for some reason, and that set off a chain reaction of everything nearby.

Continued exploring the northeastern parts of the city last night.  Definitely bit off more than I could chew in some junkyard.  Suicider took Piper out quick, leaving me to deal with a dozen of his buddies that decided to charge en masse.  To make things even better, they included 3 laser armed legendary skirmishers, a legendary mutant hound, and the first master I've run into, who was carrying an upgraded minigun.  I wiped a few times before I got through that bunch.

• Like 1

I never really wear power armor, except for the occasions where I find a set.  Then I'll wear it for a bit, before I leave it at Sanctuary.  I've got 8 or 9 siting behind one of the houses there, and another that I need to drop off next time I log on.

Found 3 cores on one dead raider a day or two ago.

I did try swimming across a river in one set.  That didn't go well at all, really.

I hardly ever wear power armor unless I find one while out.

What is everyones favorite weapon types?

I started as a sneaky sniper but over the last couple quest I fell in love with an automatic rifle and I have modded it some.

I am learning that I apparently just suck at Bethesda games. I love Fallout (this is my first Fallout game), but I'm finding that I'm having the same issue as I did when I got Skyrim on a Steam sale last year - I keep getting overwhelmed and just turning it off after 30 minutes or so. I think I spend more time on google figuring out how to do things or where to find things I need than I do actually playing. That's not necessarily a complaint about the game - more of a statement at how much I suck at it.

I'm still pretty new to it - level 12 without many upgrades. I've just been picking perks at random based off some of the things y'all have said. I finally managed to upgrade some raider armor, but I can't tell if it's helped much at all. I still die pretty easily. I got annihilated a few times by some boss with a minigun or something, so I switched tactics and ran up on him with a stock sledgehammer and beat his ass. I thought that was going to be my new strategy for the tough ones. Tried it on something that shot lasers at me (I can't remember the names of these things to save my life) and he made short work of me. I just feel like I need more powerful everything - weapons/armor/perks.

This should sum up how ridiculously stupid I am at this game. After I upgraded those few pieces of armor, I thought I equipped them. I spent about two hours playing the game after that, then accidentally switched to third person mode when I was trying to enter the workshop menu. My dude is standing there in his white ass BVDs and a gas mask - nothing else. I had literally been running around the wasteland trying to fight everything looking like season 1 Walter White.

What made me turn it off yesterday was a mission where some people at a new settlement asked me to go kill a bunch of raiders. It was on the far east side of the map. Strong and I managed to kill a Raider Veteran (I think), but there were too many others that were too far away for me to shoot at, so they picked me off a few times. I said "fuck this" and went back to Sanctuary to get my power armor and the minigun, thinking I was going to be Billy Badass and mow through them all. Apparently my power armor is made out of construction paper, because I somehow died even quicker than when I wasn't wearing it. I think I'll just bail on that mission and come back when I'm stronger and have better stuff.

• Like 1

First of all - I did the same exact thing as you in regards to the underwear deal. I really hate that I STILL haven't found a replacement for the vault jumpsuit.

And yeah - that is the Corvega place that a few of us mentioned before. That definitely was the toughest part of the game for me so far.

I think at one point I was hiding at the bottom of a hill just nibbling away at Raiders who were shooting me from up high (might have spent 20 minutes down there).

For that place - you probably would be better off with someone who isn't Strong (or Dogmeat). Strong is another in the "really better off smashing people in the face category).

If you have anyone who is decent with a gun - you can hang further back and just pick away at guys.

And yeah - make sure you are wearing some sort of protection

I haven't gotten an opportunity to play this a whole lot yet, because like RUkered said, I'm a bit overwhelmed with a lot of things. I have no idea what the hell I want to do as far as perks are concerned. . .I know it's a more wide-open system and what not, but I have no idea what kind of direction to go in with any of that.

Bethesda games are the one time where I just tell myself "you aren't going to be able to do everything" and just accept it.

It has helped... somewhat.

But yeah - I really still feel like an idiot for having to Google things like "How do I get out of Power Armor" but it is what it is.

I enjoy that Home Plate has a dog house on the roof. Don't fall off Dogmeat!

First of all - I did the same exact thing as you in regards to the underwear deal. I really hate that I STILL haven't found a replacement for the vault jumpsuit.

And yeah - that is the Corvega place that a few of us mentioned before. That definitely was the toughest part of the game for me so far.

I think at one point I was hiding at the bottom of a hill just nibbling away at Raiders who were shooting me from up high (might have spent 20 minutes down there).

For that place - you probably would be better off with someone who isn't Strong (or Dogmeat). Strong is another in the "really better off smashing people in the face category).

If you have anyone who is decent with a gun - you can hang further back and just pick away at guys.

And yeah - make sure you are wearing some sort of protection

Join the Railroad and do their quests and you'll get your replacement under armor.

I've run into enough gunners that I've got plenty of military fatigues.  I'm wearing those under the assortment of combat armor I've picked up in various places.  I've figured out a decent set of weapons that seem to work for now.  Sticking with upgraded versions of the combat shotgun and rifle that I looted as my main guns.  I've got a unique .308 sniper that I use for longer range stuff.  Other than that I'm just carrying a few versions of 10mm pistols to see which I like better.

So much basic stuff that I haven't done or figured out.  Still haven't figured out upgrades to armor or weapons yet, so I haven't done any of that.  I maxed out Scrapper last night, but I have not idea how to use it now.  Wasn't paying attention when the game walked me through growing crops, so my folks are getting a little hungry now.

I really probably am carrying way more guns then I need.

I will say that I haven't run into an ammo problem... yet.

I also have not done the ammo exploit/glitch whatever you want to call it.

But that is partially because I have been too lazy to look up how to do it properly.

I think I will finally go to Goodneighbor today... assuming I don't get distracted scrapping shit

A couple of building questions.

If I want to make a building my own, do I have to tag it or something to keep settlers from moving in?

Also, what's the best way to power a house? Build a generator inside the house and connect it with switches all over the place? Build a pylon somewhere? I find that if I put the genny inside the house, it's tough to make separate rooms inside the house b/c you can't put wires through walls.