DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

So I hit Level 50, and I'm now really really into the main story to the point of being near the area of no return.

Picking sides now, and I think I have mine. Not going into any details past that. 

Anyway, my character's main stuff right now

S- 3 P- 5 E-2 C-11 (aided by Agathas Dress and Black Rim Glasses), Intellegence 7, Agility 7, Luck 6

Perks: Armorer 4, Awareness, Better Criticals 1 (my newest pet project), Cap Collector 3, Gun Nut 4, Gunslinger 1, Hacker 3, Local Leader 2, Locksmith 3, Mister Sandman 3, Ninja 3, Rifleman 5, Science 4, Scrapper 2, Sneak 5.

Weaponry of Choice

Overseer's Guardian: Let me paint you a picture. Take a Sniper Rifle that shoots .45 ammo (something that isn't hard to come by in the game), give it 163 damage with a 173 range and 112 accuracy, give it 40 rounds before you need to reload it, and oh, also, it has this little bonus attribute called "Shoots and Additional Projectile". So it's a Sniper Rifle that does Double Damage. Now take that, and put it behind a Sneak Attack Critical that does 5.3 times regular damage, and put in a side of "Fuck This Guy" for good measure. Best buyable gun in the game imo.

Deliverer: 51 Damage 10 mm Pistol variant, silenced when you get it, with a fire rate of 100 with "improved VATS hit chance, 25% less action point cost" has turned this into my standard "I'm around a lot of people who haven't detected myeyet" gun. By my count, it can fire off 15 shots in Vats in one run before I run out of AP.

Le Fusil Terribles: 198 damage Shotgun, fully upgraded, though Shotgun shells in this game aren't easy to come by. My main Shotgun if I get to close range situations, which doesn't happen often.

Never Ending Powerful 10MM Pisol: No clever name here, though you can tell why I'm listing it just for the name. Unlimited Ammo Capacity for an automatic weapon I can put a Suppressor on? Fuck yes.

Poisoner's Assault Rifle: The only legendary Assault Rifle I have touched, and I haven't upgraded yet.

And I'm missing some stuff there.

I love this game, have I mentioned that?

When you have to repopulate the planet, abstinence only isn't an option.

Well considering that my lady bits have to smash against her lady bits - life better find a fucking way

Ah, I forgot that you were playing a female character. My bad.

I've made it to about level 29 or so.  At some point I should probably do a mission or something.  So far I'm mainly still wandering around discovering locations and building my giant personal fortress at Sanctuary.  I've found most of the locations north and west of Boston.  Still got a bunch of stuff to find in Boston proper, and I haven't been southeast at all yet.  

I've barely invested in any combat related perks.  Mostly it's been hacking/lockpicking/charm related stuff, or perks that I need to build stuff.  

I got the heavy laser and machine-gun turrets installed on my fortress last night.  Gotta work on gun nut some more to get the upgraded missile launchers.  I spend way too much time collecting random shit all over.  I'll be in the middle of a firefight with super mutants, when I'll get distracted by a telephone or fan or some other thing that I've just gotta have.  All robots have to die, even friendly ones, so I can scavenge em for parts.

The Corvega factory flat out MAULED me. Shit went sideways real quick. Decided to go back to a prior save and explore the area around Sanctuary a bit more before trying it again.

Won't be able to play 'til Wednesday, so I have time to read up on how wiring Sanctuary for electricity works. Made a generator, but it's currently only powering a single construction light because I don't quite get how it all goes together.

I'm still overwhelmed with building and upgrading things, so I've mostly been doing missions. Everything I try to build won't work because I'm missing shit - mostly copper all the damn time.

Is there some penalty for letting your companion do all your dirty work - like they don't drop as much loot or something? I have fallen into a nice pattern of sending Codsworth in to saw mofo's heads off while I'm around the corner picking up everything that isn't bolted down. It almost feels like cheating.

I can't get enough of him though. I laugh every single time a bullet whizzes by my head and he takes off saying something like, "I've had just about enough of you, old boy!" *saw noises* At least he's a cordial murderer.

• Like 1

I'm still overwhelmed with building and upgrading things, so I've mostly been doing missions. Everything I try to build won't work because I'm missing shit - mostly copper all the damn time.

You can tell the game to flag random junk that contains what you're looking for, like copper, gears, etc.  That's why I keep getting distracted by old fans in the middle of firefights.  Fiber optics are the thing I need a bunch of right now.

Finally made it to Goodneighbor last night.  Shot a bunch of triggermen, and romanced the lounge singer.  It won't replace the Kelsey romance from Saints Row 4 as the perfect video game romance, but at least there weren't a bunch of hoops to jump through.  Congratulated myself with actually understanding the robot bartender's cockney slang for once.  

Told Piper to head back to Sanctuary when I got to good neighbor, but can't find her.  Gonna have to try Diamond City I guess.  The one travelling trader that I robbed earlier was stuck in the middle of Sanctuary and just would not leave.  I finally figured out the reason when I noticed her Brahman was stuck on the roof of one of the houses.

How quickly did you go back to Sanctuary after dismissing her? Since it takes time for her to walk back.

That happened to me the other day - it took her awhile to finally get back.

I looked online and it said - it can take her (or any companion really) up to 24 hours to make it back to wherever you sent them.

At least I finally figured out that Piper will stay in the house with the cooking station (assuming you didn't move it) when she isn't walking around.

I probably got back in less than 24 hours.  I did one mission and the lounge singer romance, but that's about it before heading back.  Thing is, I met two new people in Goodneighbor after I sent Piper away, and both of them are already in Sanctuary.

I probably need to do that, at least with the ones that annoy me.  Wonder if I can Momma Murphy to some settlement that I never visit.

Forgot to mention this.  Do not let Piper near heavy weapons, unless you enjoy mass destruction.  She grabbed a flamer off some legendary raider last night, and next thing I knew the entire damn town was on fire.

It took me a bit to realize that you have to wire a pylon to a generator and then wire the electronics you want to your pylon.

Then I went out and scrapped as much copper as possible to wire everything together.

I know I want/need it but I keep feeling like there is more important stuff that I need to take first.

That being said - since I now have like 4 settlements (and I am sure a couple more if I keep doing the Minutemen quest line) I really should do Local Leader and Scrapper as my next two perks

You can do a lot better with Momma Murphy

I may have to look into that.  She's the only one that's really annoying me thus far.  Be nice if I could feed her to a mirelurk or something.

Did you build her chair?  If you do, you can just put it somewhere out of the way, and you'll never really have to deal with her.  She doesn't bother me at all, because she just sits in one of the random ass houses I don't visit.  I can't even remember the last time I thought about her.

You can do a lot better with Momma Murphy

I may have to look into that.  She's the only one that's really annoying me thus far.  Be nice if I could feed her to a mirelurk or something.

Did you build her chair?  If you do, you can just put it somewhere out of the way, and you'll never really have to deal with her.  She doesn't bother me at all, because she just sits in one of the random ass houses I don't visit.  I can't even remember the last time I thought about her.

Or you could just feed her addiction and let her overdose.....

I know I want/need it but I keep feeling like there is more important stuff that I need to take first.

That being said - since I now have like 4 settlements (and I am sure a couple more if I keep doing the Minutemen quest line) I really should do Local Leader and Scrapper as my next two perks

Way more than a couple. 

Way more than a couple. 

Oh I know - I just said a couple because I currently have two unlocked "help settlements" quest

Of course what did I do - wasted caps buying Home Plate in Diamond City.

All because I found another Power Suit and I needed a place that I knew how a station for it.

I am going to clean it up and make it my pad for getting the lover's embrace perk from Piper

Up to level 11. I have the drive in now and like 3 settlers have moved into it. The local leader perk makes building up each settlement much easier. Currently at the police department in Cambridge. Was insane getting there - insane fun that is.