DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-7-15

MGFanJay

Everything involving New Day was fantastic. Most Orton things were boring, outside of being beaten up by Strowman. Sting's statue-related antics were great, and started off hilarious with him dusting before later, moving in and out of frame. Poor Seth couldn't even get a decent match out of Ryback. Show absolutely jobbing out Cesaro in a match AGAINST MIZ was sad. Main event was a fine way to put new acts into the main event...in theory...mix. New Day gained a ton, and PTPs gained something in theory doing their dance with Cena.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/09/wwe-raw-9-7-15.html

Screens -

efb6d1434395371.jpg

9e0ca2434395393.jpg

51f21b434395399.jpg

4b2b02434403298.jpg

Raw is Homoeroticism

4316d7434403304.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/zwxbj534tscmqvozg2vevp2r416f4ix4

I'd like to thank Seth Rollins for making my point from last week very very clear: He's a fucking terrible promo. And he talked forever. Then came from the break and he talked more. Then again later in the show.

I honestly think he might have buried his own career tonight. That was the worst long ass opening monologue in the history of RAW. I'm serious on that. It's one of the worst promos I've ever heard. Jesus fuck.

• Like 5

Aside from Seth's opening monologue I really liked this show. The ridiculously silly stuff was legitimately funny and the main event was a great backdrop for Xavier Woods being the most entertaining bastard on Earth. Maybe not a great in-ring show like it's been the last 2 months or so but certainly a very entertaining one.

I'm OK with the Cesaro thing as long as we actually get a Show/Cesaro match because I'm legitimately curious to see what Cesaro can do with him strength wise, I think it'd be must see.

It is telling that for an hour and a half I dutifully sat through some absolute shit and didn't change the channel.  But the moment they said the words "Orton vs. Sheamus" I flipped over to The Omen 2.

Because if I'm going to watch something about an inevitable and eternal soul-killing process that feeds off of the complacency of humanity in order to survive through centuries and ruin all life, I at least want it to have a SOME KIND OF A FUCKING ENDING THAT MIGHT MOVE SOMEONE UP!!!!!

Also, I realized that lately Dean reminds me more and more of Nicholas Pryor:
coach_brockington.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, and after the destruction of the revolution the last two weeks, it took six minutes of ring time for Sasha to get a "This is awesome" chant and get it back on track. She doesn't have the title match why again?

Oh, and after the destruction of the revolution the last two weeks, it took six minutes of ring time for Sasha to get a "This is awesome" chant and get it back on track. She doesn't have the title match why again?

Nicki backstage Johnny Ace:

"So what should I do tonight to make sure I get heel heat, Vince?"

"I'm Johnny.  Remember?  I'm like your step dad now?  Anyway, just be yourself, dear."

• Like 1

They also gave a "this is awesome" chant to Seth/Ryback so lets not go nuts, Brian.

Did they? I got distracted looking for something and missed basically the entire match except the last 30 seconds or so.

They also gave a "this is awesome" chant to Seth/Ryback so lets not go nuts, Brian.

I know the camera didn't catch it, but that make-a-wish kid that Ryback handed the IC title belt to had a six match losing streak just in the time it took Ryback to get it back from him.

• Like 12

Xaiver Woods doing the trumpet should be on every show.  Hell every match give how overdone and dull some of them.   The sound he made setting up the Kofi drop kick in the corner and finishing it with that small toot of the horn was the funniest thing ever.   

The hippie walking near the ring of Rollins' entrance is just amazing in carelessness.    I mean last week we heard about Dean Ambrose and a fan with a knife.  You would have thought he was a plant he was allowed to walk with no issues.  

Still amazes me that they are building a story line on a Seth Rollins statue.  I mean this isn't as bad as his WCW 2000 stuff but man they are feeding him complete garbage since being here