DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Been getting into Joshi as of late. Taking my time.

Lo Shirai has caught my eye. Loving the Tiger Masks that she comes out to. Very colorful girl.

But, I am a fan of her theme. Can somebody find me a copy of it? I have looked online and haven't found anything. Sounds like something from the 80s honestly

Is it this one? That's what Japanese wikipedia says anyway.

Nah this one

2:25 Mark

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l1zo6_io-shirai-vs-kairi-hojo-stardom_sport

Koguma vs. Hazuki and the World of Stardom tournament matches from 3/29 are worth checking out. As is the six-women main event from 1/11.

Would also suggest checking out Fujimoto/Kurumi from Ice Ribbon & Kagetsu/Kuragaki from Oz Academy.

Been getting into Joshi as of late. Taking my time.

Lo Shirai has caught my eye. Loving the Tiger Masks that she comes out to. Very colorful girl.

But, I am a fan of her theme. Can somebody find me a copy of it? I have looked online and haven't found anything. Sounds like something from the 80s honestly

Is it this one? That's what Japanese wikipedia says anyway.

Nah this one

2:25 Mark

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l1zo6_io-shirai-vs-kairi-hojo-stardom_sport

OK. Might be the song "Drama". Stardom had a bunch of specially written themes. It was released on CD but I can't find the tracks online.

How the hell did that happen? That is disappointing to hear. Stardom really can't a break, and it always sucks when I can't watch Kimura regularly. Any word on how she will be out?

Not sure, she was in a 3-way match with Kris Wolf and that masked weirdo.  She's got surgery coming up and is out about 4 months.

How the hell did that happen? That is disappointing to hear. Stardom really can't a break, and it always sucks when I can't watch Kimura regularly. Any word on how she will be out?

Not sure, she was in a 3-way match with Kris Wolf and that masked weirdo.  She's got surgery coming up and is out about 4 months.

I think you meant Yoneyama, and that weird masked wrestler is Aya Yuki from what I've read. Stardom actually uploaded the final part of said match. It seems it occurred during a double shiranui spot from Yoneyama.

So Nanae left Stardom.

In slightly more depressing news, Chigusa and Onita will have a no-rope, barb-wire, exploding ring deathmatch against Dump and TARU at Ota-ku Gymnasium.  Although, they are advertising Megumi Kudo as Executive Producer.  Not sure if that means she'll check the C4 and tighten up the barb-wire or just be there to talk.

oedo.jpg

KAORU is at the Stardom show at Korakuen Hall today selling tickets for Chigusa's show on 5/23.  They also announced that Hojo will wrestle on the card, too.  I hope to hell Chigusa doesn't use all this Stardom drama to screw them all over the place.

Starfire beat Koguma for the High Speed title.  Satomura showed up and beat Chelsea in a singles match.  Chelsea then announced she's officially joined Stardom.  Shirai beat Nikki Storm for the vacant White Belt.  Hojo beat Iwatani to defend the Red Belt.

Completely off topic, when I was in Japan in January I accidentally wandered into a belly dancing show.

CFLTrnJUgAE8z0F.jpg

Had a feeling Chelsea might have joined with the way they were treating her. Felt way too different from the usual few months contract they use with gaijin. They need the bodies and she can get some decent training there so its a good thing.

How did you wander into a belly dancing show?

How did you wander into a belly dancing show?

Walked into a bar and saw a chick walking around in an outfit just like the one in the picture above.  She was carrying a couple of "swords" as well.  At some point, the music kicks up and she and another lady do a belly dancing show.

• 2 weeks later...

Rossy Ogawa has announced that Yoshiko is retiring.  She will speak to the crowd at the 6/14 Stardom event.  Retirements in wrestling as we all know mean nothing, she is still so young, it really just depends on if she has completely lost the passion for it.

Rossy Ogawa has announced that Yoshiko is retiring.  She will speak to the crowd at the 6/14 Stardom event.  Retirements in wrestling as we all know mean nothing, she is still so young, it really just depends on if she has completely lost the passion for it.

If I had to bet, and I love to gamble, I would say that she comes back at some point.  Sooner than later.

She did her retirement thing today.  A few wrestlers tried to talk her out of it and she didn't get the 10 bell salute.

201506140003-spnavi_2015061400022_view.j