DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

• 3 weeks later...

Serena Deeb's retirement statement:

"Tomorrow I wrestle at Korakuen Hall in Tokyo. This will be my final match. I have opted to peacefully and humbly close my career, with the deep honor & respect that I was brought up with. I infinitely thank OVW for raising me in such a way in this business- it is a lost art.

I am so grateful to every person who I have formed memories with over the past 10 years. So many of you are my family.

I fell in love with pro wrestling when I was very young. I experienced many incredible moments, as well as countless heartbreaks. I got to have my Wrestlemania moment in front of 72,000 people. I have been blessed with 7 trips to Japan & I have chosen to close this chapter of my life in this beautiful country.

There is no remorse in this decision. I have simply grown. I love you all. Thank you."

She had an incredible run back in 2011, one of my favorites. Hope she has a great final match.

• Like 1

Kind of curious as to what those rumors are, but unless there is decent truth to them it doesn't really matter. Never been a big fan, but I am disappointed she will be gone for a while as she could be one of the better talents around when she wanted to be.

Kind of curious as to what those rumors are, but unless there is decent truth to them it doesn't really matter. Never been a big fan, but I am disappointed she will be gone for a while as she could be one of the better talents around when she wanted to be.

She's trying out to be one of the new hosts on Top Gear.

Somebody might need to double check this, but I think this is a first.  Pro Wrestling WAVE will be debuting a new 16-year old wrestler at their Anniversary Show on 8/9.  She will go by the name of 朱崇花, which will be pronounced Asuka.  The odd thing is that for 15 years, she lived life as a male.  She says that she always felt like a female and (this is the part I'm having trouble with) was diagnosed with some sort of sexual identity condition.  I don't know if that means that she has male and female parts or just that she identifies more as a female.

WAVE8%E3%83%BB9%E5%BE%8C%E6%A5%BD%E5%9C%

I thought the result was kind obvious after their last match saw Hojo just trying to survive the last third. She was clearly outmatched then, and this rematch was only a month later. I expect Hojo take the belt back after Meiko after several months & defenses with Meiko as champ.

I was surprised because Satomura is in the main event of the first SEAdLINNNG event, and normally a promotion's champion doesn't main event the debut show put on by a wrestler that just left the promotion.  In fact I doubt that has ever happened before.  Course it may have been a happy *hugs for everyone* split but that generally doesn't happen, guess we will find out more about that soon enough.