DVDVR Message Board

Joshi Puroresu Discussion Thread

NikkySan

Something happened on the main event of Stardom this morning.  The main event was Yoshiko vs. Act Yasukawa, and at some point during the match it turned into a shoot.  And it doesn't look like it was in the 'worked shoot' variety, judging from what Act looked like after the match (spoilered since its large and graphic) and from live accounts from the event:

aFjazR9.jpg

Stardom has already announced that Yoshiko is being stripped of her title, but since it just happened a few hours ago nothing else is really known at this time.  A sad scene.  Stardom is my favorite joshi promotion, wonder what happened to cause this.

Yahoo Sports as an article about it, but Google Translate isn't too helpful:  http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150222-00000063-dal-fight

It is interesting as there is such a fine line in wrestling between being snug and shooting.  I watched their match from 2013 and Yoshiko was really brutal in that one too, but without the bone breaking.  Then you have the owner/referee not stopping the match sooner and having to go with a 'towel throw' ending, with Act still trying to get to the ring.  It is like even as Yoshiko took it too far, everyone else in the company was still in story line mode.  Wada is one of the the most respected referees in wrestling, I mean one of the reasons he quit All Japan was how All Japan handled the Hirai incident and he was one of the people that broke up that fight.  All around just odd, I'm not claiming it was planned, I am just saying it looks like even as it was happening everyone else was more interested in making it a pro wrestling thing then just stopping the match.  

It seems they had some beef and Yoshiko finally had enough.

This was a really dumb call by Yoshiko. She beat up on:

- A girl much smaller than her

- A girl who has blindness in one eye

- A girl who just got surgery on her eye

- A girl who has a history of mental health issues

- A girl who really shouldn't be wrestling anyway.

Beating up one someone with one of those traits would make you look like an asshole, but beating up on a girl with all five of those traits, make you look horrible. It would be bad enough if she just beat her up, but from the looks of it, she targeted Act's bad eye, making her look even worse. If Act has any real injuries from this and/of if the media catches on to this, Yoshiko's never going to live it down.

Yoshiko has to go for the company to save face. There's just no other way or suitable punishment. I certainly don't want to watch her matches anymore and I'm going to look at Stardom negatively if they let this go.

I'd also consider hiding out for a while if I'm Yoshiko. She's gonna get abused on social media for this and I would not put it past a Japanese fan to try to get some revenge for this. I'd also be pissing my pants as well because Act could easily press charges, and she'd win on sympathy points alone.

I also am disappointed in Kohei Wada for not stopping this. Look at this shit. Wada's looking in the other direction while Yoshiko is poking Act in the eye and targeting it. He easily could have put an end to this and he looks just as bad. I hope he goes too.

150222_sd_6_13.JPG

This is just a really bad situation and I can't understand what Act did to make Yoshiko want to do this. I'd say out of all wrestlers, Act would be in the top 10 of bad people to do this to. Even worse, Yoshiko did it in public, which made her and the company look bad. This is just an unbelievable lack of thinking.

150222_sd_6_15.JPG

150222_sd_6_20.JPG

Kohei's getting a ton of heat on the Japanese boards over this and a lot of people are bringing up past incidents with Rossy Ogawa.

Act just blogged an apology for the main event yesterday.  My poor Japanese leads me to believe that both of her eyes are swollen shut, but she said she'll be ok and back at it when she's healed up.  She almost seems to be excusing Yoshiko, but I'm not sure.  She's definitely repping Stardom and hoping people don't look bad at the company.

Wrestlers making lawsuits out of wrestling matches has never worked, New Jack stabbed wrestlers on two occasions (one of which it wasn't in the script, he just felt like stabbing the guy) but got off on charges.  The judge would have too many questions as to why Act and everyone else kept acting like it was a wrestling angle when it wasn't actually one.  The match ended with a towel throw, not the owner calling the police.  So I am sure Yoshiko isn't sweating a lawsuit.

I'm not surprised Act is taking that stance, even after the match she wanted to go back into the ring and finish the match.  Wrestlers aren't normal human beings like we are, they don't handle things the way our thought process does.  I'm sure she will be suspended but come back, I don't think anyone has ever been permanently blackballed for shooting either in or out of the ring.  In a way I guess I blame Stardom almost as much, there were multiple chances to stop the match (I mean even in storyline Act has a posse that could have psychically restrained them) and they didn't.  Knowing wrestling by this summer they will have a grudge match and everything will go on as normal.

I wouldn't look much into the twitter posts. Act isn't going to post anything to get her in trouble with the company or fire back in public. Of course Act is going to apologize and take the heat off of Yoshiko publicly, because that's the Japanese way. But Japanese are also masters at keeping secrets and never being honest about their feelings.

The thing is Yoshiko targeting the eye. It's one thing to beat up someone, but her purposely hitting the bad eye is what really gets me mad.

It does sound like Yoshiko is going to be gone from what I read online. Everyone's calling for it and one site announced it. I keep hearing the term "disposal" of Yoshiko. Also, everyone is calling her "blonde pig".

They are saying the reason Yoshiko did this in the news is because she was jealous of Act.

This is an awful sight:

ri5L4np.jpg?1

It just got uploaded so I got to watch it, yea I dunno.  It looks like they both came out swinging and Yoshiko just took it too far, and at times Yoshiko was 'working' (ie she did let Act up when Wada told her to at one point) while obviously at other times throwing legit punches.  I stand by my earlier prediction Yoshiko will be wrestling again this year, something else was going on here.  If Stardom is aware they had beef and that things may break down, they aren't going to throw Yoshiko completely under the bus.  I think fan's emotions are up because it happened to Act, and everyone loves Act, but behind the scenes it may be a situation of two people that hated each other and wanted to throw down, and one going too far with it.  Which obviously deserves a suspension but this whole 'banned from wrestling' thing is silly, shoots have happened before, no one gets banned for it.  We may or may not ever get the true story but I sense a lot of apologies in our near future.

For anyone interested, it is on Dailymotion.

Just saw it and it should have been stopped immediately. Act threw the usual joshi forearm to the chest to start things out and Yoshiko started jacking her with legit punches. This was extremely obvious and Wada did nothing to stop it or seperate it. I have no idea why they let it continue either after they broke it up the first time, especially since Act already got destroyed. Wada should have jumped in, Rossy should have jumped in, someone should have just done SOMETHING.

I'm down to two conclusions:

- They had some goofy shoot angle idea and Yoshiko took it too far.

- Yoshiko wanted to get some revenge and took her chance.

Either way, this was horribly handled. If Act gets any longterm injuries from this, that would just be sad. Yoshiko's smile after the incident was also sad.

It just got uploaded so I got to watch it, yea I dunno.  It looks like they both came out swinging and Yoshiko just took it too far, and at times Yoshiko was 'working' (ie she did let Act up when Wada told her to at one point) while obviously at other times throwing legit punches.  I stand by my earlier prediction Yoshiko will be wrestling again this year, something else was going on here.  If Stardom is aware they had beef and that things may break down, they aren't going to throw Yoshiko completely under the bus.  I think fan's emotions are up because it happened to Act, and everyone loves Act, but behind the scenes it may be a situation of two people that hated each other and wanted to throw down, and one going too far with it.  Which obviously deserves a suspension but this whole 'banned from wrestling' thing is silly, shoots have happened before, no one gets banned for it.  We may or may not ever get the true story but I sense a lot of apologies in our near future.

For anyone interested, it is on Dailymotion.

This has all the looks of a worked shoot devolving into a real shoot.  I'm not sure what point in the match the highlights were, but it looked like Act wanted to go stiff right off the bat and Yoshiko just thought, "I'll show her".  Yoshiko actually seems upset and then at the end goes back into character.  Kimura and the ref both look like they are in on it, but once Act's face gets jacked up they realize it's too late.  And Act is always gonna try to keep going even if she can't see.  My guess is they tried to recreate Hokuto/Kandori and Yoshiko went too far.