DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

He had four dudes completely focused on killing him repeatedly. No change of masks, clothes, whatever was gonna help him. He had wandered into the bad side of town - whichever side we were on - and needed to just go ahead and leave.

I always get a chuckle about how we always get really separated for whatever reason, so I'll find you guys on the map, and you're in the middle of about 200 dots at the pay and spray for example. By the time I set a waypoint, steal a car and get down there, everybody else has left. "Where'd everybody go?"

Or there's the inevitable "some dumb bastard just went in the pay and spray." Cue the welcome wagon.

• Like 3

Ax, sorry about not accepting any of your mission invites yesterday. 1) Havoc and I had got ourselves into a fight with some folks, and 2) I had less than $200 so couldn't accept a mission invite :/

The other day, Havoc, Luke and I found a formula for making the Crystal Clear Outx5 playlist SUPER easy.

First time around, I call my Buzzard, Havoc calls his tank, Luke dies. I get the Buzzard and go kill the far group. Havoc drives his tank back to the mission start while I blast the other two groups with missiles while Luke dies again. Before the last bad guy is killed, I park my Buzzard by the mission start, as as soon as Havoc is by the starting area, I kill the last bad guy.

Second time around, Havoc gets in his tank, I get in my Buzzard. I go kill the far group while Havoc starts laying waste to the nearer groups with the tank. Luke dies. Once the bad guys are almost gone, tank and chopper go back to starting area, and we finish the last ones on foot.

Rinse repeat for the rest of the missions, including Luke dying.

Just got done XBox chatting very briefly with Austrian Sensation Herby~! He said hello and hopes to hear from everybody soon - he's getting ready to start his eight-week summer vacation as a school bus driver (for some reason, I thought he drove a public transit bus), so he should be on more often beginning soonish.

Of course, as soon as he said he was a school bus driver, my first thought was of: Simpsons_Otto_Mann.png

Was in a public room very briefly just a second ago with my Level 6 car-selling character. All I wanted to do was sell a car real quick, then quit, so I didnt wanna join a private lobby. So I check the map, no one around, sell the car. But on my way down, I'm like "is that an Adder?" Sure enough, it was a player's Adder, about the same color as our crew color. I was able to get in as a passenger, but that was it.

Needless to say, that would not do, so I set about blowing it up. Problem is, I'm playing with my Level 6 character, so my fiercest weapon is the first submachine gun. I finally get tired of trying to use that thing, so I go to the AmmuNation and buy the Bullpup Rifle. That did the trick. I then left the game. $15,000 for the rifle and $10,000 for the Adder. Worth every penny.

• Like 2

The time difference is a bitch. 6 hours, I think, so it's 8:35 p.m. there. We'd be up warring at 4 in the morning and he'd be getting on after taking the kiddies to class in the morning.

Of course he bought the 6x6. He says he's broke, which is not at all surprising.

Was playing in freemode yesterday afternoon hanging out near Los Santos and using my heavy sniper when I rang off I few kills on this high level guy giggling to myself about my new weapon and next thing I know BAM!! A RPG comes flying in from someone I hadn't noticed was there destroying me and my personal vehicle.

Fucking universe being all "Fuck you for enjoying your new weapon, now be killed by something you don't have yet!  Enjoy your next 9 levels of grinding, asshole!"

• Like 1

Was playing in freemode yesterday afternoon hanging out near Los Santos and using my heavy sniper when I rang off I few kills on this high level guy giggling to myself about my new weapon and next thing I know BAM!! A RPG comes flying in from someone I hadn't noticed was there destroying me and my personal vehicle.

Fucking universe being all "Fuck you for enjoying your new weapon, now be killed by something you don't have yet!  Enjoy your next 9 levels of grinding, asshole!"

Turn 'em into powder with your minigun ... oh yeah, sorry.

• Like 1

'Twas the "naughty" duo JT, and I kept going over and picking a fight with them in hopes of pulling them over to LSC for a prolonged engagement.  One stayed in pussive the whole time, I can't remember which one I kept killing though.  

I'm not sure which was my favorite kill of the night, the Tank via RPG's from 2 blocks away, the headshot while running, or the hood ornament on my Adder that I think everyone got to see

Yeah the adder kill...I was lookin in the direction of the dot thinkin why can't I see this bastard. He was over a lil hill and couldn't be seen from my position until he went airborne. Didn't see the adder either just a limp ass body soaring through the air. Actually glad I didn't see the bastard for once while he was alive.

I hit that fucker going REALLY fast. 

Also, I got Melraz 3 times with the chopper blades.  Bad thing was I was trying to get the other guy in passive mode.  I wasn't use to Mel wearing a white/gray shirt, I've been gaming with him for like 6 months now and he's always been wearing a black shirt.  He eventually taxed me on this, which was totally acceptable.  Mistake or not, three times in a row within a couple minutes....I understand.

Shit, I keep forgetting to post this, but we're up to page 297.  Is this the longest running thread on the board?  

I rarely go and look at other subforums on the dvdvr mb anymore.  

There was a Nolan Batman thread on the old board that was around for nearly eight years and I am sure it was nearly a thousand pages long.

It was working when i left, which i think eithrr 7 or 8 ET.

I tried to get online for a little auto theft and golf around 9:30 EST and game services had shit the bed.  Things were still a bit wonky when I logged on this morning.

Well its rare for a thread to get this long on this board because I am purposely breaking threads into months/years/seasons/etc... to help try and manage the server load.

This is a rare exception... and honestly it really should have been two threads (single player and online)

The old mass effect thread was really really long too

I got on last night, tried to start Defender from the Pause menu and it wouldn't let me because the game services were down. Put my phone up and started a random mission from their (ATV Steal) and that worked fine. Except the idiot who joined the session failed the mission for us (I had been stalking him and killing him in Freemode prior to that. He drove past me and I aimed at him but didn't fire, which he apparently thought was how I open hostilities. He started chasing me, I got out of my car and took cover behind it, he rammed the car and it said I committed Suicide (because my car killed me, not his car). Then he ran away and killed a low-leveller. I caught up to him and got about 10 kills on him in a row (without him getting one) before I got bored and decided to mission it).

We go to the vote on next job screen. He votes replay. I vote for something called Mario's Race. That wins. He leaves the session, I start the race solo. First lap, I crash and get stuck behind a car, and basically have a horrible performance. Cross the start/finish, and it says New Fastest Lap! World Record! Second lap, I don't crash or get stuck, and have a better time, and I get another Fastest Lap! World Record!

Then I did something called Far Out Loop and the same thing happens. I levelled up from the RP bonuses for record breaking. Went to Freemode, got a bounty for stealing a car to drive back to my car after selling the first car I stole. BUT everyone else in session was a) Friendly* and b) sitting in their apartment waiting out a bounty. So I drove my Panto to the airport ramps again, and id some crazy stunting. I think they were spectating me, because after I'd gone up north, they were out in the city and LS Customs, and after we'd all got rid of our bounties (I survived mine - it took a shitload longer than 45 minutes though, and I had to kill Cris in self defence one time) when they came out they both had custom Pantos**, and went straight to the airport to jump them.

* One of them was my character's girlfriend. I think we're actually engaged now. We need to legalise gay marriage in Grand Theft Auto.

** I decided that since I'm the King of racing in Compacts, my Compacts should look more regal. So now both the Panto and Issi are Primary Colour Pure Gold, Secondary Colour Chrome. Well, my Girlfriend's custom Panto was done in the same colours as mine. So either she copied me, or we're one of those couples that really has a lot in common.

I hit that fucker going REALLY fast. 

Also, I got Melraz 3 times with the chopper blades.  Bad thing was I was trying to get the other guy in passive mode.  I wasn't use to Mel wearing a white/gray shirt, I've been gaming with him for like 6 months now and he's always been wearing a black shirt.  He eventually taxed me on this, which was totally acceptable.  Mistake or not, three times in a row within a couple minutes....I understand.

Yeah, Robert manages to shoot me at least once a game if I am not wearing a leather jacket.

I think you can either be a guy who changes his look all the time, or a guy who never changes his look ever. Because if you just change once, you're not you anymore, you're some other guy.

See the new car called the Rhapsody? Apparently it's based off the car in Wayne's World, hence the name. Should have back seats though. No clue why the Lemmy Beard is called 'The Ambrose'.