DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

The new Survival should just be called Underpass Survival, because it's such an obvious place to go. We passed it on our first attempt when I figured that out (it was me, Cristobal and 2 randoms. One random quit after he died and Havoc took his spot). I was down their on Wave Three and got very few kills, then everyone except died on Wave 4, spectated me getting 20+ kills by myself, and it was a camping trip from their on out.

Thursday night, Havoc says we need to grind money so he can get the 6x6. We start doing Coveted x 9, but somehow Luke fails to join and we end up with 2 random instead. They do as they're told, and it goes great. Then Havoc falls asleep during number 4... at one point his Mom came in and started having a go at him for having open drinks on top of electrical equipment, and he answered her by grunting and groan moaning. But after the 6th one, the two randoms we had trained up both quit out (One said "Oh Shit! I quit!" just before disappearing, so it might have been by accident). Did an Auto-Invite to get Luke in, but this level 10 idiot managed to join as well. We try Coveted three times. Every time, he charges down the hill right from the start. 

The first time, I managed to wipe out the opposition before the time limit, and he flies the Cargobob into a wall and blows it up.

The second time, I wiped out the opposition, he picked up the crate and immediately dropped it into the Ocean.

The third time, I tried to get to the Cargobob first and consequently the two minutes ran out before we'd killed everyone.

The bloody idiot cost me $54,000. Money I needed. I still managed to get the Dubsta 6x6, and mod it up, but ca$h got tight towards the end there. Didn't buy a custom horn for it, like. I did the double money Hipster playlist three times to try and re-up my money. Easy win for me on the Parachute Jump (the finish line is ringed by trees, you have to sweep out left after the final checkpoint and turn in - if you try and go straight, it's best case Faceplant, worst case DNF). Hate the Taxi Capture - it's locked to Forced (Pistol) and Pickups, and if you die the respawn is a few hundred yards behind your base, with no traffic nearby. So the other team has a free pass to the delivery.

Then this afternoon when Xavier came around to stay, he decided he really needed for his character to have a Panto (He was pretty upset that the Luggage Roofrack option was a high level Unlock, because his character's only at 48). Between buying that and modding it up, when I got my character back, our Bank Account contained the princely sum of Fifty-One Dollars. It's a bit better now. Still need more, I burned a bunch making sure I could still be the person who owns every item of clothing in the game. For a while I was in the Skull Hockey Mask, Skeleton Hoodie, Skeleton Leggings outfit. You can do that now.

Logged on to get new clothes, weapons ...

Did a "new" martin mission called Automated Security or such. Go to maibasu factory and destroy 7 white panel trucks. Some stationary. Some moving. Lots of black van guys. Blew up a couple on the move, ran over a bunch of guys with guns. Got killed once at the factory. Broke out the rpg to blow up three trucks and guys. Last truck had driven all the way up to paleto bay. Called in copter to shuttle up there. Landed and tracked down lat truck. Only $4500 or so payout. But at least it was a new mission.

I got on a little late last night, even for night shift standards.  There was a clan (crew) war going on over at Call of Duty.  We're doing pretty good, sitting in 2nd place after night 1 of 3 in our Diamond division (top/hardest).  I did more killing than dying, although that is not always the supposed primary objective.  When that was over I hopped over to GTA, just having missed Stout by mere seconds.  Robert, however, was making friends.  

After 20 minutes or so of trying get into Robert's lobby, including one instance of restarting I finally get in there to find him surrounded by about 5-6 red dots.

Now, I'm not saying Robert needed my help, because he didn't.  He was kicking their asses long before I got there.  

I will say this:  After I got there with MY sniper rifle (killing two people on the way, 1x rpg, 1x sticky bomb)...shit started thinning out, and it wasn't long before Robert and I had claimed another lobby for the DVDR.

• Like 2

I can't recall what my schedule was last night - I know at one point I timed out because I got online, then got busy doing something else and was gone from the game for about 30 minutes. Then I think I got back on and did my usual pointless pissing off of the Vagos - gimme that car, ese - and decided I'd rather do something else.

I need to drop this money-hoarding act and get back into trying to become a more productive member of the night shift. Here Robert and Mis are fighting the good fight on the streets of Los Santos and I'm in my garage rearranging cars and plotting my next assault on the Vagos.

I did begin some training this afternoon, but I soon discovered I must climb the top of Mount Chilliad and seek direction from the Wise Women of the DVDR - Dannie Lou and Bobbie Lou - on the ways of Mary Lou Fu.

"When you can snatch my knife from your back, Grasshopper, you are ready."

• Like 1

I can't recall what my schedule was last night - I know at one point I timed out because I got online, then got busy doing something else and was gone from the game for about 30 minutes. Then I think I got back on and did my usual pointless pissing off of the Vagos - gimme that car, ese - and decided I'd rather do something else.

I need to drop this money-hoarding act and get back into trying to become a more productive member of the night shift. Here Robert and Mis are fighting the good fight on the streets of Los Santos and I'm in my garage rearranging cars and plotting my next assault on the Vagos.

I did begin some training this afternoon, but I soon discovered I must climb the top of Mount Chilliad and seek direction from the Wise Women of the DVDR - Dannie Lou and Bobbie Lou - on the ways of Mary Lou Fu.

"When you can snatch my knife from your back, Grasshopper, you are ready."

You must've logged off just before then.  I was about to invite you when I realized you weren't online any longer.

I got on a little late last night, even for night shift standards.  There was a clan (crew) war going on over at Call of Duty.  We're doing pretty good, sitting in 2nd place after night 1 of 3 in our Diamond division (top/hardest).  I did more killing than dying, although that is not always the supposed primary objective.  When that was over I hopped over to GTA, just having missed Stout by mere seconds.  Robert, however, was making friends.  

After 20 minutes or so of trying get into Robert's lobby, including one instance of restarting I finally get in there to find him surrounded by about 5-6 red dots.

Now, I'm not saying Robert needed my help, because he didn't.  He was kicking their asses long before I got there.  

I will say this:  After I got there with MY sniper rifle (killing two people on the way, 1x rpg, 1x sticky bomb)...shit started thinning out, and it wasn't long before Robert and I had claimed another lobby for the DVDR.

Oh, the help was definitely appreciated.  I'd pulled a decent melraz imitation, though I'd only managed to piss off half the server by the time you joined.  I'm amazed nobody brought a tank to the fight.  That firefight must've lasted more than an hour by the time everybody bailed out.

Fights like that are the reason I have no sympathy for people that complain we're ganging up on them.  They got plenty of kills on me, but I got a hell of a lot more on them.

• Like 1

I just wanna check if I'm breaking the GTA etiquette here.

I played for the first time in a while the other day and it seems I was put in a room full of Wako Kids cuz I couldn't even see my killers before getting a hole in my head over and over again. My K/D ratio took a pounding.

So yesterday I was fortunate enough to find a gormless young scallywag that happened to be AFK. So I spawn killed that sonofabitch until some cunthole took exception to it and chased me out of town.

So I laid low for a while and noticed he'd gone to get his hair cut. I took a little spot across the road and waiting for him to stroll confidently towards the door and I sniped a new shade of red into his new do. I then did this to anyone I saw in any shop for the rest of the session. From what I could tell over their microphones is that I'm a piece of shit and they were none too pleased.

Now, what I'm asking is... Am I a chickenshit heel?

• Like 1

No, dude, you're in Freemode. You go into a shop at your own peril. Someone would do it to you in a heartbeat if you were in a shop and they had half a chance.

You should see the welcoming party we've provided players who've decided to go into a Los Santos Customs when we're around. RPGs, firetrucks, you name it. All's fair in love and war.

Robert, Mis and I ran into some REAL chickenshit heels last night. You know it's bad when the best thing you can say about players is "at least they didn't grab tanks."

I think this is a chickenshit tactic, I don't care: Get killed, put it in passive, establish position like on top of a building, come out of passive, kiil people until killed, put it in passive, re-estabish position on top of another building, kill people until killed, repeat. 

Look, if you can get on top of a building as part of a live firefight, then you've earned your position and can snipe at will. But if you didn't take a chance getting up there, then you don't deserve the spot.

And it wasn't like we had them outmanned - at worst it was 3-2 us. Then they had a couple of people join in and it was 4-3 them. They pretty much ended our night by getting in that wall breach near the East side Los Santos Customs. Robert left and I got disgusted with the whole affair and started chasing a car to sell, but MIs kept up the good fight, outnumbered 1 to 4. He'd kill one of them and they'd throw it into passive, despite having him 1 to 4. THAT's a chickenshit heel.

• Like 1

I maintain this: If you go passive, you are admitting that you are not good enough to continue the fight on the current terms. I would go passive on pre-nerfed tanks, blatant hackers, or jets that were so accurate I decided the pilot was hacking. Going passive in a ground fight with none of the above just says "pussy".

Got all three of my retro t-shirts this weekend.  I was on for about two hours on Saturday and saw no special crate drops.. 

Most of my time this weekend was spent with the girlfriend at furniture stores getting ideas for our pending townhouse.  Lovesac is now my favorite furniture company of all time.

I am getting at least two of these for the loft:

sacs_pillowsac.jpg

And I will sing with the chorus:  everyone in free mode is fair game.  I try not to kill lowbies, but sometimes those are the most aggressive assholes in the room so they have to be put down like everyone else if they start shooting.

I will cheerfully shoot AFKs in the head because it is the principle of the matter. 

I patently hate guys in ME3 multiplayer that hold up the session because they are tinkering with their character or are off to get a beverage or a snack. Then these assholes have the nerve to drop out of a live session and restart the wave when they have discovered that they are in a live firefight.  If you are going to be AFK, have the decency to drop out of the mutliplayer lobby.

And as Jstout said, you shop at your own peril.   If I am in the mood to check out new clothing or have to mod a vehicle, I do it in an invite-only or crew session.  If I am in free mode, I am either looking for trouble or enjoying the antics of other players on WEAZEL TV.

I only go into passive mode if there is an obvious hacker about or if there is a tank but now that tank armor has been nerfed and I have access to an RPG, I may just take my chances and partake in a little urban guerilla warfare when a twanker starts rampaging especially if I have back-up from crew..

Or we may just use the Iron Legion option as per the norm and use our own tanks to take over the city.

And AxB, I sold my 6x6 today. Wish I could've given it to you. I just didn't see much use for it and said "screw it."

Really? Because I'm far more in the position of probably getting rid of my Sandking and just having the 6x6 (it's something like twice as fast, and has far better traction - only the braking sucks, really). Plus at the mo', having a 6x6 (when none of my friends have one) has put me back in the spot of being the guy who people want to borrow my car. And I've not been there since I was level 30 and Cristobal was forever trying to drive my chrome Fusilade. The only downside is Havoc really loves getting people into the truck back of the 6x6, then 'accidentally' flipping it over.

The upside is, if you have two people in the truck back and they aren't aiming weapons, they take it in turns to stare at each other's crotches.

Whale was back on last night, after not playing for three months (his estimate). We double backflipped my Panto off the Skate Park, and Luke was so impressed he bought one himself. Then Havoc blew it up immediately. He hates Pantos. They should make a VS Mission where one team has to steal and deliver Pantos while the other has to destroy them, just so Havoc can play it all the time.

No, dude, you're in Freemode. You go into a shop at your own peril. Someone would do it to you in a heartbeat if you were in a shop and they had half a chance.

You should see the welcoming party we've provided players who've decided to go into a Los Santos Customs when we're around. RPGs, firetrucks, you name it. All's fair in love and war.

Robert, Mis and I ran into some REAL chickenshit heels last night. You know it's bad when the best thing you can say about players is "at least they didn't grab tanks."

I think this is a chickenshit tactic, I don't care: Get killed, put it in passive, establish position like on top of a building, come out of passive, kiil people until killed, put it in passive, re-estabish position on top of another building, kill people until killed, repeat. 

Look, if you can get on top of a building as part of a live firefight, then you've earned your position and can snipe at will. But if you didn't take a chance getting up there, then you don't deserve the spot.

And it wasn't like we had them outmanned - at worst it was 3-2 us. Then they had a couple of people join in and it was 4-3 them. They pretty much ended our night by getting in that wall breach near the East side Los Santos Customs. Robert left and I got disgusted with the whole affair and started chasing a car to sell, but MIs kept up the good fight, outnumbered 1 to 4. He'd kill one of them and they'd throw it into passive, despite having him 1 to 4. THAT's a chickenshit heel.

Yeah, those passive guys were just sad.  It was 3 on 3 for most of the fight, and every time we'd kill one he'd chuck it back into passive again.  They kept going into passive, getting up on roofs and popping out.  At one point i decided fuck this, so I got up on the highest roof around and waited for them to do that.  Sure enough 2 of em came out of passive on top of the Rooftop Rumble roof, right in my sniper sights.  Got em both, so of course all 3 of them slapped it into passive and came up to where I was.  I knew what they were gonna do, so I went into passive myself.  All 3 came out of passive at the same time.  One of em was a true dumbass, because he tried a grenade launcher even though all 4 of us were standing in close proximity.  Managed to take himself and both of his buddies out, leaving me the only person standing on the roof.

Had fun doing a few missions with melraz and RUkered yesterday evening.  Learned three important lessons:

1 - passengers in the back of the 6wd Dubsta can indeed be thrown out of the back by a collision

2 - hopping out of a helicopter that is still running and sitting on its side will kill you in a hilarious way.

3 - be careful doing the hacking mini-game with melraz around.  I did it during the Los Santos Connection mission and popped out of the mini-game to find him standing behind my female character doing hip thrursts while she was bent over the computer

• Like 5

3 - be careful doing the hacking mini-game with melraz around.  I did it during the Los Santos Connection mission and popped out of the mini-game to find him standing behind my female character doing hip thrursts while she was bent over the computer

Why was this moment not captured in someone's Snapmatic gallery?

• Like 2

And AxB, I sold my 6x6 today. Wish I could've given it to you. I just didn't see much use for it and said "screw it."

Really? Because I'm far more in the position of probably getting rid of my Sandking and just having the 6x6 (it's something like twice as fast, and has far better traction - only the braking sucks, really). Plus at the mo', having a 6x6 (when none of my friends have one) has put me back in the spot of being the guy who people want to borrow my car. And I've not been there since I was level 30 and Cristobal was forever trying to drive my chrome Fusilade. The only downside is Havoc really loves getting people into the truck back of the 6x6, then 'accidentally' flipping it over.

The upside is, if you have two people in the truck back and they aren't aiming weapons, they take it in turns to stare at each other's crotches.

Whale was back on last night, after not playing for three months (his estimate). We double backflipped my Panto off the Skate Park, and Luke was so impressed he bought one himself. Then Havoc blew it up immediately. He hates Pantos. They should make a VS Mission where one team has to steal and deliver Pantos while the other has to destroy them, just so Havoc can play it all the time.

It is faster, but it's got a crazy loose rear end (that's what she said). What do they call that, understeer? You take a corner and boom, there go the back wheels. This limits its usefulness as a car for off-road races - the Sanchez is just as fast and tons easier to maneuver. But after off-roading with a Sandking again, I can see the usefulness of having more raw power, even if the raw power sometimes makes you overshoot your intended target.

I can see the reasons for having both a Sandking and a Dubsta 6x6. If I could figure out several pressing questions in my garage and free up some space, I may buy another one, but I like having two free slots for storing gang cars for later selling. I could probably get away with one, or I could quit being lazy and start using my second character - who's completely designed as a stolen-car dealer with a garage full of gang cars and a garage full of Ballers - to do the vast majority of my car selling.

Robert, glad to see you and Mel doing some missions. That boy needs money to soup up his recently acquired cars. I sicced some mercenaries on him yesterday to get him the Merriweather Jeep. They came rounding the corner at the Los Santos Customs and right into me, Mel and Mis. Not good. Mis: "Can I use an RPG on them?" Us: "No, not this time."

One lesson learned from Freemoding it the other day - those "slug bugs," the VW bug off-road vehicles, forget what they're called, cost $200 to replace via the insurance. That's a pretty damn cheap replacement fee, if someone's looking for a decent Freemode car.

I got the first T-shirt, but didn't bother with the other two. And I never saw another special crate drop all weekend. I got one regular crate - $2,000, 2,000 RP.

• Like 2

I've called mercenaries on Mis and Melraz to get one, and if anyone else wants one, I'll call mercenaries on them, too, I don't care. But I've never really wanted one. Obviously, I've had my opportunties.

I like vehicles to have uses. I wanna be able to take someone through my garage and say "this is why I have this vehicle." That's why I had a hard time keeping the 6x6 and the Sandking - they both have the same use to me, goofing around off-roading in Freemode. I don't need two cars that do the same thing. That's why I'm currently going though an existential crisis trying to decide whether to keep the Zentorno or Entity - they're pretty much the same car, the Super that can go fast but handle better than the Adder. I need one, but not both.

It's also why I'm trying not to get rid of my Roosevelt - the only reason I still have it is that it's rare and I can't get it back. I NEVER use it and it has no use to me. That and the Hearse, really.

That said, I'm not sure I need two free spots for selling cars, so I don't really NEED to get rid of anything right now. Except the 6x6, those new cars were a bit of a bust, in my opinion. That's fine, especially after buying two from the last update. I think they did a good job with keeping the new cars out of the Super and Sports classes, though, and showing some of the other classes some more love.

I got back to over 600k yeterde woohooo I getta mod one of the 3 vehicles that still needs it (jeep, hearse, and that 4 door car I can't never member the name of).

I was tryin to get Burke over there at the computer that tattooed woman was bent over to either A. take a pic or B. get in on the action.

My mommas in town this week and although I'm off tomorrow I don't think I'll getta get on for Tuesday mascara night. And Wednesday me and the Mrs. have a date night so it's hard tellin when the next time I'll be on.

I always proof read and correct my mistakes (mostly because I spell bout like I talk half the time and this dalm phone changes ever one of my words) but I thought I'd leave the mascara alone cause I know how much we like to put on our eye makeup and watch it never run cept from laughin at all the other lil sum bitches that are cryin their eyes out with mascara runnin to their chins from the ass whoopin that they received. (Actual word in paragraph 3 was appose to be massacre)

• Like 1

We tried riding the tracks, with Traffic off so there'd be no trains, as an Off-Road. It finished like this:

Dubsta 6x6

Dubsta 6x6*

Sanchez (Modded)

Sanchez (Stock)

Sanchez (Stock)

Sandking DNF

* Although technically this one came third because Luke hits things while he's driving. But he was in second all of the way until he started crashing. Obviously this is a race without any tight corners though - what we really need is one of those mad uphill mountain races to be Sanchez vs 6x6. We haven't tested how well it climbs... if we try one of those river races that can only be done in a Sandking, and the 6x6 can do it (probably not because of the lack of elevation, but we'll see), then I'd say the Sandking was totally redundant.

Okay, so this is awesome!

Summer concert / festival schedule for artists appearing on the GTA5 Radio Station soundtrack.

Well them plans just got kicked in the biscuits. Got called to go outta town. Now no off days. Son uva bitch. I need to sheewt people inna bad way

Yeah, I could stand to pad my K/D by spilling the blood of the innocent and the guilty.

• Like 1