DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/news

EDIT:

Some of the "notable" changes

There are also tons of tweaks and updates made to Grand Theft Auto Online as part of this update. A few notable ones include:

Ten existing GTAV vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website for purchase, including Story Mode characters’ vehicles:
Albany Primo
BF Surfer
Bravado Buffalo
Franklin's Bravado Buffalo S
Bravado Youga
Cheval Picador
Dundreary Regina
Trevor's Karin Rebel (clean version)
Trevor's Nagasaki Hot Rod Blazer
Michael's Obey Tailgater
Pure Gold and Brushed Gold paint colors have been added to LS Customs in the ‘Metals’ category. These unlock at Rank 100.
A new Pure Black window tint has been added to LS Customs, along with four new jazzy vehicle horns (including one which loops and speeds up / slows down as you drive).
Eight new individual player celebrations and four new paired Celebration animations have been added.
Players will no longer be charged Insurance costs if their vehicle is destroyed by another player who does not have enough GTA$ to pay.
Fixed an issue where, if an insured Personal Vehicle was destroyed, both parties had to pay the insurance costs.
Fixed an issue where some four-wheel drive vehicles had reverted to two-wheel drive.
Players are now able to bookmark Jobs whilst in a Playlist from the Pause menu.
Tear Gas now does more damage and lasts longer.
A small tick has been added to the first screen in the corona if a player has played a Job before, much like in the pause menu or Next Job Voting Screen.
The level of difficulty is now displayed when pressing D-pad down when playing Missions.

Apparently they were tired of people playing Coveted

The following difficulty changes have been made to the mission “Coveted”:

New objectives added: When the players arrive at the cove their objective becomes “Secure the landing site”. Players then have 2 minutes to reach the Cargobob’s landing area and kill nearby enemies. Failing to do this in 2 minutes will fail the mission.
Enemy placement: Around 50% of the enemies have been moved from the beach to the hill leading to the landing site. This is to create more of a shootout on the way down to the landing site.
Cargobob now takes around 2 minutes to arrive once the players have reached the cove
2 enemies near the objective container now have RPGs (Low Accuracy).
Enemies on the beach no longer have Extended LOS, meaning they won’t shoot at the players as they fight down the hill
Drop-off location for the container is now at a warehouse in Cypress Flats. Previously the drop was too close to the action.
Once the player has collected the container, an enemy helicopter spawns and pursues the Cargobob
  • Like 1

I downloaded the update this morning and noticed the new Gold paintjob.  Haven't downloaded the full DLC yet.

Noticed that there are finally clean versions of the Karin Rebel and several Story Mode vehicles now available at the auto websites.  I can't wait to see players in free mode tooling around in the new smart car and that horrid AMC / Wayne's World looking monstrosity.

The Antique Cavalry Dagger looks like a trench knife but it is a little too pretty for me.  I'll stick with my Combat Knife.

The Vintage Pistol resembles a M1911 Colt.  Haven't seen the specs yet.  I have a feeling I'll be keeping the AP Pistol.

I think I'll be rounding out my garage with the the Huntley from the previous DLC and the new Dubsta, and I will take a look at the new Warrener and the Blade.  If they are not awesome, I will finally purchase the Jester.

Hopefully soon, I will at long last own ten vehicles.

Looks like I'll have to find garage space for the new dubsta.  That thing is too ridiculous not to own.  Hopefully the 4wd bug fix works, so that thing will be 6wd, and my sandking will finally be 4wd.

Should finally be able to get on today.  Was gonna play some yesterday, but I was pretty much catatonic by the time I got home yesterday afternoon.

Sad to notice that nothing in the update unfucks broken stuff in Story Mode like unique oufits not appearing in your wardrobe or Private Fares taking forever to show up on Franklin's phone.

• Like 1

Why are they being such dicks?  If people are willing to grind missions, so be it, especially with a fucking stupid economic system that nickels and dimes you for every fucking little thing.  They could have just made it Coveted II and given more RP and cash.  But now it's just one more mission no one will want to play.  Bravo, Rockstar.  Bra-fucking-o.

More cars and weapons that are slightly different than the stuff already in the game *yawn*

• Like 1

It punishes lower-level players who aren't leveled up enough to play the slightly harder but still not all that tough Rooftop Rumble. WIth the new missions paying not shit and them changing around the old ones, it all seems like a dick move by R*. I hate to join the "cash cards" brigade, but when they make it harder to earn money and bring out more expensive shit, it seems that's the goal here.

• Like 1

And in a stunner, the cloud servers are down and I can't get on to see the deal with the changes. I've gotten my $60 out of this game several times over, but geez, is it poorly run right now.

Shame they made the Tailgater available for purchase - they weren't hard to find, but still took some effort.

I agree with you guys. I haven't cried foul once that I can remember about the changes, but it's beyond ridiculous at this point.

It looks like we should start grinding shitty missions for a few weeks so they'll strip them down to shit and leave the good ones alone.

It takes a lot of balls to keep pushing heists further and further out AND screw with the most popular missions.

• Like 2

The Blade from San Andreas is so much better looking than the new model, but this one looks close enough to an Impala to buy and mod one for my garage.   I cannot wait to cruise through Strawberry blasting Gin N Juice.

Also, it looks like tanks have been nerfed.  Reports are that four RPG rounds will take one down.  I cannot wait for the petitions to hit Social Club.

• Like 1

Ordered my Blade this morning after loading the DLC.  Now I have to find pictures of Doughboy's '64 from Boyz N Tha Hood or Dre's '64 from the Still DRE video. 

Loved the hate threads at Rockstar from people complaining that the new Dubsta was glitched because they couldn't find it at the Legendary Autosport website.  It's at the fucking Warstock website, lazy assholes.  Use your phone.

I will round out my garage with the Huntley S and the new Dubsta 6x6.  Back to drug smuggling, illegal street races, and whatnot to make money.   I never go into my garage when in free mode for fear of the glitch, so I will fire up a Closed Crew session this afternoon to check out the Vehicle Management system put in by the new content.

I hate the Vintage Pistol and the Cavalry Dagger.  I'll be sticking to the full auto Colt SCAMP and my carbon steel beauty of a kidney gigger, thank you.

Since Robert associates my character with leather jackets and has been known to shoot me if I wear something different in free mode  :P , I bought all of the new leather jackets that were available (even though I kinda hate the Chestnut one because it is hard to match it up with other clothing) as well as a couple of tank tops, one or two t-shirts, and a couple of baseball shirts. 

JT does not do skinny jeans.

The new tattoos are horrid.  I will be keeping my old ink.

Not only have tank armor been nerfed, but the cannon splash damage has been reeled in reasonably so that they can no longer kill you even if you are behind sufficient cover.  This has been a long time coming.

Speaking of tanks, has anyone seen Jones about?  I haven't heard from that cat in ages.

• Like 2

Male toons got a LoveFist t-shirt.  Female toons got a Princess Robot Bubble Gum t-shirt.

The game needs more printed tees.

IIRC, there will be special t-shirts for the weekend event that can be unlocked in tournaments and whatnot.

One of them is a Bitchin' Dog Food shirt (YES~! GTA3 CALLBACK~!).  I will be out of town for the weekend, so I expect the rest of you to gird up and perform well.  I should be online sometime Sunday afternoon depending on how soon I get back from Maryland.

Here's an updated list of every tattoo my Character is wearing:

Head: Tribal Butterfly, Beautiful Eye

Torso: Angel, LS Flames, Seven Deadly Sins, Way of the Gun

Left Arm: Stop, Racing Blonde, Burning Heart

Right Arm: Grim Reaper Smoking Gun, Ride or Die

Left Leg: Grim Reaper

Right Leg: Skull and Sword, Flaming Skull

The new Benefactor Panto, it's not as good as the Weeny Issi (it spins out far too easily), but it's so small and light you cal barrell roll it very easily. It's a Stunt Car basically.

Soloed the new Coveted. If you drop the Crate and land the Cargobob, the enemy helicopter stops approaching and just hovers where you can snipe it. Also the two minute countdown doesn't start until you reach the Cove, so you can still sit on the hill and snipe all the enemies.

Since Robert associates my character with leather jackets and has been known to shoot me if I wear something different in free mode  :P , I bought all of the new leather jackets that were available (even though I kinda hate the Chestnut one because it is hard to match it up with other clothing) as well as a couple of tank tops, one or two t-shirts, and a couple of baseball shirts. 

I'm so used to everybody looking about the same at all times that I wasn't prepared for some guy in all green running right at me in the middle of a freemode firefight.  Of course Stout is messing with me now after the update.  He looks, different, somehow.  Not sure how, exactly

Females also got a Love fist shirt.  I almost went with it, but decided on a tropical print tank top instead.  They also finally added a camo jacket for females.  I put my female in a floral print dress for a bit, but she looked too much like an actual hipster with all the tattoos, so I punted on that.  That dress made me look like I shoulda been at Whole Foods.

The new Dubsta is a beast.  As expected, it doesn't corner that well, but it's much faster than I figured it would be.  Damn thing can go pretty much anywhere - drives right up mountains, and can cross some pretty deep rivers as well.  Got rid of my Vacca to make room.  Price isn't that bad considering.  Rest of the new cars are overpriced.

Glad they actually fixed the 4wd on Sandkings, like they said the did.

• Like 1

Had fun doing freemode for the first time in about a week.  Tanks being nerfed is nice, but they need to make suckers wait for a bit before getting the next one.  Two clowns last night kept grabbing them over and over. 

Finally managed to take out a helicopter with a sticky bomb, after somebody in a buzzard got a little too close to the ground.

I developed the unfortunate habit of accidentally killing mis last night.  Expensive habit too, since most of those kills involved blowing up his Adder with misplaced sticky bombs.

New Coveted isn't bad, just takes longer than before.  We used a buzzard, but AxB's sniping technique should be faster.

Jones is onna job that bout makes it dalm near impossible to get on and play saw em at work the utter day and asked em iffin he'd forgot about his D.V.D.R. brothers. He said he wished he could play. He'll be back one of these days.

• Like 1

"We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can," Rockstar wrote on their blog this morning. No word on a new release date yet.

In regards to heists

Foghorn Leghorn imitations were amazing last night while we were doing our piranha act on a passive guy, but RUkered's spot on version had me just about crying from laughter when I was trying to drown the guy with a firetruck.  Rub-a-dub-dub son.

• Like 1