DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Lesson learned last night: Don't steal a car, fully mod it, and then go on a store robbing spree before you place it in your garage. Got killed before I could make it in and lost the car and $100k that I put into it.

Also, I am getting an annoying glitch where the personal vehicle I used last won't be in my garage when I start a new game so I have to call the dickhead mechanic to get it.

Did you not insure it?  Then I refer you to 2:19 in the following video

No I didn't have enough. I was going to place it in my garage and get it tracked/insured from there. I was just stupid and decided to rob a few stores along the way. I haven't been playing much so my cop evading skills are rusty.

Priorities man.  Jesus.  

By the way, two quick crew requests:

1) Crew tire smoke - I don't believe it's set. One of my cars is modded with it and nothing comes out.

2) The crew "Action" - Please make it Jazz Hands.  Nothing in this game is better than it. 

• Like 1

Crew tire smoke should be lime green. It's worked for me since forever, though if something just changed now, I dunno.

Yep yep. I've been buying crew smoke on every car recently, just 'cause. It's working fine for me. It does cost a bloody fortune, though.

And I changed to jazz hands, then changed back, but I'll change back to jazz hands just for you, Kelvin.

Next crew project, dammit: Someone either mod an existing crew logo or make a good new one. I tried taking the DVDVR off the mask logo that was already made (to simplify it). I'd like to change the black circle background, but I'm not that good. I've seen other turdstains in this here game with the same logo as us and I wanna whap them upside the head with a rolled-up newspaper and say "our logo." I tried making just a mask, but I'm about as artistically talented as I am tactful. I also played around with modding the current logo, but it needs more work. 

I had no clue that the late night crew played for so long. I got home from work a little after midnight last night to find the lady passed out on the couch from watching Good Wife episodes on Hulu Plus on the Xbox.

Went to turn it off, noticed there were still a few of us playing online and was soooo tempted to join in, but better judgement prevailed as I already only had 6 hours between jobs and if I would have started there was the very real possibility that I just would have never gone to bed.

• Like 1

Got on a bit with melraz and stout last night.  They can confirm that I have become a bounty magnet.  I seriously cannot steal a car without getting one set on me now.

Nothing too exciting in the way of opposition, but at least we didn't run into any tanks.  Last guy in the server was a YOLO crew member.  He was begging for mercy, or at least sending me whiny texts that we were ganging up on him.  I don't think he even managed a kill on any of us.  Too bad for him.  We gotta rid LS of the YOLO menace.

• Like 2

I had no clue that the late night crew played for so long. I got home from work a little after midnight last night to find the lady passed out on the couch from watching Good Wife episodes on Hulu Plus on the Xbox.

Went to turn it off, noticed there were still a few of us playing online and was soooo tempted to join in, but better judgement prevailed as I already only had 6 hours between jobs and if I would have started there was the very real possibility that I just would have never gone to bed.

That was weird, because all 3 of us happened to log on really freaking late last night.  We didn't start till about midnight.  Probably bailed out around 3.  I don't think that was even late for stout.

Next crew project, dammit: Someone either mod an existing crew logo or make a good new one. I've seen other turdstains in this here game with the same logo as us and I wanna whap them upside the head with a rolled-up newspaper and say "our logo." 

Are you sure that's not just the old Logo glitch, that makes every Crew logo in the game into your logo? Because I've had other players ask me why I've got their crew logo on my jacket, and it's ours on my screen. It seems to work on everyone who's not on your friends list or something.

Next crew project, dammit: Someone either mod an existing crew logo or make a good new one. I've seen other turdstains in this here game with the same logo as us and I wanna whap them upside the head with a rolled-up newspaper and say "our logo." 

Are you sure that's not just the old Logo glitch, that makes every Crew logo in the game into your logo? Because I've had other players ask me why I've got their crew logo on my jacket, and it's ours on my screen. It seems to work on everyone who's not on your friends list or something.

Upon further consideration, you are exactly correct, sir. I thought our logo was a generic, Rockstar-made logo, but it isn't. Someone made it for us, so it's fine by me. OK, that solves that little mystery. I can't do nothin' about no glitches.

So I made the money back and finally got up to level 80. I got a Faggio and put in way too much money to mod it.

*face palm*

I could've told you that was a sucker bet. I fully modded a Faggio when we were billionaires and still had trouble pulling some hills. I sold it quick. I also fully modded, with chrome paint and everything, one of those station wagons with the luggage strapped on top. In a stunning upset, they're still pretty damn slow.

I just recently stole a station wagon to chase an armored car. It caught it at a red light, thank goodness.

And I've been going to bed earlier these days. Last night was a pretty relaxing night of Freemode, between chasing Bongload or whatever his name was out of the game and then that dude at the end. I rolled up on some poor clod at the airport and sniped him about six times in a row before he left because he'd respawn and just stand there like a goof. Rule one of respawning in Freemode: MOVE! I see where you've respawned, now don't give me time to line up a headshot while you stand there picking yer ass. He left quick enough, at least.

Sold my Thrust and bought a Sanchez, now that we can mod them.

Last night was Ballas on parade. I think i filled both garages with them, minus my POVs.

Think i may phase down my GTA playing until The mythical Heists show up. Got the third Batman game out of the library today to see how it is.

So we always used to think that the reason those Sanchezes were there in Coveted was, so that when somebody got in the Cargobob, everyone else could jump on a Sanchez, race to the Drop-Off and try to get the Crate to land on them. Or just mess around and do bike jumps and that, whatever.

Actually, they're there so you can shoot the fuel tanks to make them explode and kill the guys standing near them. The SUV's too, if you know the 'Explode a car with two bullets' trick. It's harder at long range though.

See how in San Andreas multiplayer you could kiss the other player's character? They should add that to GTA 5 Online. Even if it's just in Apartments or something (so you could use the shooting buttons which are otherwise redundant). It's just a bit odd that in the offline version if you could get a stripper to like you, you could go back to her place and watch the outside of the apartment bounce up and down... but in online, you can invite someone to your apartment, blow them a kiss, then lie on one side of the bed while they... watch you lie on the bed. They can't even get in the other side or anything.

My character has a girlfriend now. Although you'd probably have guessed that from the previous paragraph.

You're the crazy psycho who has no friends*. I'm the friendly blonde girl people fall in love with. If you think that makes you the normal one, well...

* You also play one in the GTA 5 Online. Burn!

• Like 1

The new Xbox mag has their list of top GTA user created content. None of these name sound familiar, although one of them sounds like LS forum.

Muscle beach juicing brawl

Humane labs

Chilliad Ups nd Downs

Bank heists

Do you even ramp bro

Hunger games: stadium ed

Course sur le stade

Golf cart derby

Apocalypse race

Big daddy

Walking dead - woodbury (i think we've done this DM)

I've seen Bank Heists pop up before, but I don't do Captures except on crew night, and they suck even then.

I've also seen Hunger games: stadium edition, but I tend not to do deathmatches unless it's crew night.

I'm a sort-of connoisseur of those stunt-jumpy races - I've got about five or six bookmarked, but I'm lacking some of the real classics like Stairway to Heaven.

OK, poll among freemoders: Robert, Melraz and I were in a room last night with these two dudes in jets who were absolutely killing the shit out of everyone they came across. They were jumping all over the screen instead of flying in a continuous motion, which immediately made me think they were using lag switches. But I've been playing this game a lot for months and months, and so has Robert, and we had both never been killed by a jet before in Freemode. Melraz, another Freemode vet, had only been killed twice. 

Robert survived getting killed, but one dude killed me four times and the other killed me once, and they got Melraz five times total. There's no way two people could be that good with a jet without some assistance, is there? They were blasting me in partial cover of a parking garage. I've never even worried about jets flying overhead before - I knew the chances of them hitting me were slim, so I usually just ignore them. But these guys were a completely different story.

Oh, and here's Melraz's contribution to the crew radio station:

http://youtu.be/mJZ3K3ozBeM

• Like 1

Yeah them dudes were some hackin cheatin sum bitches. I was on the 3rd level or the parkin garage and got killed twice. Lile stout said they were skippin across the map and also bouncin off shit. I've bounced the belly of a jet off the ground but never took a nose dive into the ground and bounced back up to keep shootin people. I call horse shit. And that's why the bastard was reported. Fuck him and his wonder woman (while not invisible....but indestructible) jet.

S'more good for you and good for me.

I had a guy in a jet blast me while I was running all out in a fully modded adder on the interstate coming back from Sandy Shores.  He did it on the first shot, but I didn't have a problem after that.  Just chalked it up to skill or luck.  

What you guys are describing sounds like an aimbot...or the fuckers had JDAM's.

Also...I did a bad thing the other night in gta online, Robert semi-witnessed it (he heard me on party chat as I was doing the bad thing).

0_0.jpg

Let's just say I could have a 10 car garage full of adder's if I wanted.  In my defense........lulz......my fully modded felon was destroyed somehow, and i couldn't call mors mutual to make a claim.  I am sure I put insurance on it when modding.  

Rockstar tries to bone me?  I bone them back.

No fucks were given.

• Like 1

There used to be a glitch where you could fly a plane nose down into the ground, and if you were pressing down on the D-Pad (the character change button) it would land undamaged instead of blowing up. But I think that got patched.

Woodbury was Verified for a while. I didn't rate it though, it was just Wrath with limited guns and a fence (and the best thing about Wrath is having traffic on, letting the street fill with cars and then blowing them all up when someone tries to cross; I've wiped out whole teams with that).

I've done a couple of Deathmatches inside Humane Labs, but they were both shit. Lots of not being able to find opponents and then getting shot in the back by someone who spawned into an area you'd already cleared, then dying again because someone's camping the other spawn points.