DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I dont know if weve had a recent DM that was as lopsided as observatory last night.

Melraz and I were on a team with Rippa and maybe Chris and Dolfan, Robert, RUkered and Andrew were on the other team and we did that deathmatch at the skate park in Little Seoul. 

We routed them and it wasn't even close.  I went 13-2.  I was 10-0 when we did Hand On The Pump prior to that map.  First time I was the MVP in back-to-back Team Deathmatches.

Sometimes you are the windshield and sometimes you are the bug. 

I don't usually bother with grenades.  Truth be told, I usually forget I have them.  I prefer to just have a firearm handy.

• Like 1

I guess the only one recently i can recall being on a lopsided winning team was that one where JT and I were on the roofs and Phil was running down below trying to find someone melee kill. I think they may have ben first time i had no deaths in a DM.

Also, i like that it now tells you who was team MVP and who had the winning kill. That could bebuseful on jobber thursday, to tey and get that MVP award.

J.T., what's funny is after you left, Mel and I dropped into a crew-only room and went SHOPPING~! to get Mel a new 10-car garage. He then proceeded to buy every Super car in the book and blow through 5 million in record time.

That Zentorno (the new Super car) is absolutely ugly as hell but handles real well. If it's as fast as the Entity, it's a better car than the Entity 'cause it handles better. But I can't tell if it's as fast. But dear God, it's ugly.

I filled my second garage with Ballers after they started spawning everywhere - I could go out the door of my garage and there'd be three in front of me. I think I have five in there right now, and next time I'm in the game, I'm gonna set the game up to start me in that garage so I can immediately get in a Baller and go down a block to the Los Santos Customs on the right-hand side of the map.

That 10-car garage near the airport is handy for airport access and little else. The LSC on the left-hand side of the map isn't TOO far away, but you're miles away from a AmmuNation. There's also a 10-car garage kinda near the docks where you drop off cars for Simeon that's kinda near an AmmuNation and very little else, but it's pretty secluded.

My time in Freemode with other players was fun last nght, but that red dot thing was distracting, considering your friends/crew members have the red dots and just a blue or green outline. The outline's kinda hard to see, so I think this will wind up leading to an increase in friendly fire. I think the "mental state" thing is a good idea, it just may not be executed as good as possible.

Gotta hop on today and find a no-contact race. Haven't done one of those yet. Why did they take away slipstreaming and catchup on non-contact races? Oh well.

Chicken Drifting and Simply Sanchez are really good player created bike races.

Thanks to Melraz and Jstout and genreally being all REGULATORS~! and shit, I am trying to function on maybe three hours of sleep.  

Good thing I've got this stash of 5-Hour Energy, coffee, and Clif Bars at my desk.

Sorry about bailing out on y'all.  I had a minor crisis happen at the house.  All was well by morning fortunately.  Knew I was in trouble when I got the "you're going to be ok not playing any more tonight, right?" line.

It was luckily not compounded by JT taking very many house financing breaks.

(Although, there were long stretches during the DMs where JT went on radio silence. May have been GF calls during that time.)

J.T., what's funny is after you left, Mel and I dropped into a crew-only room and went SHOPPING~! to get Mel a new 10-car garage. He then proceeded to buy every Super car in the book and blow through 5 million in record time.

That Zentorno (the new Super car) is absolutely ugly as hell but handles real well. If it's as fast as the Entity, it's a better car than the Entity 'cause it handles better. But I can't tell if it's as fast. But dear God, it's ugly.

I filled my second garage with Ballers after they started spawning everywhere - I could go out the door of my garage and there'd be three in front of me. I think I have five in there right now, and next time I'm in the game, I'm gonna set the game up to start me in that garage so I can immediately get in a Baller and go down a block to the Los Santos Customs on the right-hand side of the map.

That 10-car garage near the airport is handy for airport access and little else. The LSC on the left-hand side of the map isn't TOO far away, but you're miles away from a AmmuNation. There's also a 10-car garage kinda near the docks where you drop off cars for Simeon that's kinda near an AmmuNation and very little else, but it's pretty secluded.

My time in Freemode with other players was fun last nght, but that red dot thing was distracting, considering your friends/crew members have the red dots and just a blue or green outline. The outline's kinda hard to see, so I think this will wind up leading to an increase in friendly fire. I think the "mental state" thing is a good idea, it just may not be executed as good as possible.

Gotta hop on today and find a no-contact race. Haven't done one of those yet. Why did they take away slipstreaming and catchup on non-contact races? Oh well.

Do you really still need to sell cars to LSC? If I'm right by one and I have a good car, I will, otherwise I never bother anymore. Simeon deliveries are a even bigger waste of time IMO especially since you have to repair/respray the car beforehand.

It was luckily not compounded by JT taking very many house financing breaks.

(Although, there were long stretches during the DMs where JT went on radio silence. May have been GF calls during that time.)

Yeah.  The purchase agreement came in my personal e-mail last night.  GF was not pleased that I had not immediately read all fifty two pages upon receipt.

Getting melraz to do Jazz Hands is the peak of my GTA career.

The BARBIE CAR OF DOOM~! may be my best GTA Online invention yet.  Who knew that cars with hot pink paint jobs and fitted with ignition bombs would be that successful? 

That IVBeast guy tapped out and rage quit the session immediately after falling for my trap.

From now on, SOP is to color code all of my ignition bombs if we are all in the same session. 

Ah dalm I'm outta likes already. I appreciate youinz playin my d.m. As bad as I've cussed pistols only I go and purdy much make one. But I like me westerns. Had a shit ton of fun last night and into the wee hours of the mornin. I'm still laughin at all of us doin the jazz hands that's was friggin great...it is my new favorite although bugger pickin is purdy good too. Once me and j.t. finally finish that mission (I kept gettin killed I think I had 3 beer yesterday cause I'm still a lil goofy headed) we get into free mode. Some white dot bastard inna car was where I spawned he threw a grenade at me but before it could go off he ate a rocket he spawns he dies again. J.t. enters the session and I thought he was goin to bed so I go to single player. He keeps talkin so the nate D.o.double G. Comes back in and j.t. takes the role of Warren G and we did just that became the regulators on the clear black night. Then stout comes rollin in and we keep on regulatin like the mean street posse that we are. Jt crashes then like stout said I blow 4.5m on garage and cars now I'm just a broke lil bitch anybody up for rooftop and coveted?

• Like 1

Do you really still need to sell cars to LSC? If I'm right by one and I have a good car, I will, otherwise I never bother anymore. Simeon deliveries are a even bigger waste of time IMO especially since you have to repair/respray the car beforehand.

Even before they changed it, I can't just grind Rooftop Rumble or Coveted for money for too long. Need some variety.

At the start of yesterday, I had $3.1M. First purchase was a new garage. It needed to be a 10-car, and the one over by Simeon's island was too far from everything, so I got the one by the airport. Figure if I need to get somewhere north, I'll do the jump to the airport and fly there.

Next: Cars.

Bought the Zentorno. That car is good. I haven't raced it enough to be sure how it stacks up against the Turismo R, (best racing super for everything but highway races, in which case the straight-line speed of the Adder is tops,) but my impression is that while it's not quite as nimble in the corners as the Turismo, it's got a bit more heft to it, which makes it easier to nudge other cars off their line, and harder for you to get nudged off of yours.

Bought the Massacro. It feels quick, but I spent almost no time with this one.

Bought a Bifta for off-road races. This is one of those cars that, if you limit me to 10, I won't bother with, but open it up to 20, and ok. My other off-road class vehicle is a Sandking, and I'm not giving that sucker up. For off-road races, I'd typically take a Dune Buggy, (unless it's a race a Sanchez will reign supreme in,) and while I still like dune buggies better, they're really at a speed disadvantage against a fully-modded Bifta.

Stole a Schafter and a Radius and modded them up so I'd have fully-modded custom vehicles for the odd race in Sedan/SUV classes that get picked. Was looking for the mini to steal that as well, but for all that I couldn't NOT find minis around half the time when I was looking for cars to sell, I saw nary a one last night.

After all that spending, my account is down to ~$330K.

Mental State only resets after two game days spent in GTA Online without causing property damage or comitting a homicide on players or NPC's.

That;s about 48 minutes of real time.  I don't think could stand not firing a shot in anger for that long in free mode.

I think R* missed a grand opportunity to create another money sink by allowing players to visit Dr. Frienlander's website and lower their MS stat by a few points by paying $1000 per "session."

I think that your MS should go down exponentially if you play a round or two of golf. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

The next time we do a tanker mission for Lamar, I am bringing my black & gold Phoenix to vex the cops and we will all sing Eastbound & Down over 360 chat during the mission.

I may even wear a cowboy hat for the occasion.

Mental State only resets after two game days spent in GTA Online without causing property damage or comitting a homicide on players or NPC's.

That;s about 48 minutes of real time. I don't think could stand not firing a shot in anger for that long in free mode.

I think that your MS should go down exponentially if you play a round or two of golf. Just sayin'.

Five sets of Tennis might take 48 minutes. Or a full foursome of golf.

• Like 1

Had some weird shit happen in that one server we cleared.  We were down to two white dots, and they were both at Trevor's airfield.  We all had guns out, so nobody was in passive, but we couldn't shoot each other, even with me and one white dot standing right in front of each other shooting every weapon we had.  I finally got frustrated and ran the guy over with a sandking I'd found.  Then I ran his buddy over.  Second guy shot an RPG right into the back of the sandking as I was running him down.  Somehow the truck survived. 

Oh, and the cops in this game can kiss my ass.  They're hardcore with the new update.

I hate to sound like everyone else, but the cops are getting crazy. You can't get anything done without dying, then your position fucks up upon respawn and you're back to square one. Plus there's always the danger you respawn up someone's ass.

Everything would be a lot better if you could have a setting where you NEVER auto-aim at cops or you auto-aim at players first, then cops. Sounds crazy if you have to shoot cops, but nothing kills me more than having a player near me, me coming out of cover to shoot them and then auto-aiming on the cops while the other player gleefully shoots me.

At least nobody in the brief time I was in Freemode last night got butthurt and grabbed a tank. I was half expecting Kanye (long story) to do so last night, but he never did. 

J.T., we never give each other a hard time over anything, ever. :) Ask Kelvin and Dan.

Neil, I just like stealing and selling cars. I don't need the money, I just like doing it. I don't know why. I write the time I sell a car down on a whiteboard near the TV so I know when I can sell another one. I still love getting one of Simeon's five cars, and I squealed with delight when the game gave me my first Simeon import/export car in a crew-only room populated by just me (usually takes two players in a room for a Simeon I/E car to spawn).

The new garage is awesome because I start a session in it, jump in a Baller, drive it a block, sell it, write down the time and move on with my life. I like routine.

I just had to give two players negative Xbox rep over something that happened in a race. We had a full lobby playing 4-Way Jumps, and these two assholes in the same crew were hanging out by one of the ramps fucking with people as they tried to jump, not even racing at all.

That's perfectly acceptable behavior in a GTA race, but this wasn't a GTA race, some of us were racing to win. I DNF'd the race strictly because of those two assholes hitting me on the jump and causing me to go into the "pit" of the jump and having to respawn.

I had to start a no-contact race to play one. Could never join a random race and have it be no-contact. If you have traffic off, you'd better hope like hell you get a good jump off the start, because it's gonna be hard for you to get back up front with no catchup. 

If you do a Rally race on a course you've done 1,000,000 times like the Commute, do you even need someone giving you instructions? I wanna do a Rally race (I think it unlocks something), but I don't wanna have to take directions from some goober over the headset.

Lunch is over, back to "work" - testing a stock Zentorno on one of the user-created crazy jumpy tracks to see how well it handles the crazy jumps.

• Like 1

SWAT and the cops do not fuck around. 

Have you guys ever played golf IRL? It's the opposite of calming ;)

Paying the doctor to lower it is a good idea but it would have to be more money.

Only video game golf is calming.  Even games of mini-golf become cutthroat when I am with friends.  The way they count strokes and club lengths, you'd think it was the fucking Masters.

At least nobody in the brief time I was in Freemode last night got butthurt and grabbed a tank. I was half expecting Kanye (long story) to do so last night, but he never did.

I thought for sure that Kanye Wan Kenobi was going to go for a tank after I was winning the Vespucci Canals duel by being a sneaky bastard and using an Assault Shotgun.

Jesus Christ, half of the players we fought last night were Mexicans.  InfantLeon and Musitto were a fucking handful.  I am always secretly paranoid that some Mexican players may actually be Sinnaloa or Zetas. I don't need to come home and find a pig's tongue nailed to my front door.

I got negative rep and a nasty PM from DirtyWolfy.  He was not amused by my hot pink Vapid Dominator complete with ignition bomb.

I remember DirtyWolfy, I think. He/she wasn't much. Kanye could be tricky, but Mel was handling him. He got a couple of spawn kills on me. 

This could be a much better experience with some very minor tweaks.

That was the other thing that annoyed me last night.

Whwn we quit out of the mwnu and i went into a public server and before i could get out i was killed for my bounty, before anykne in the crew could get it.