DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

If that is truly gameplay footage, that might be the most beautiful game I've ever seen.

I miss Ratchet games. I played a lot of Going Commando and Up Your Arsenal, plus I ran through All 4 One with my nephew, but I missed the boat on the other PS3 games.

• Like 1

First 30 seconds are definitely footage from the movie. I'm not sure if it switches from that to in-game before or after the big monster, but allegedly once it switches the "gameplay" footage is all legit.

I was late to the Ratchet party (played and loved Tools of Destruction, ran out and bought all the PS2 games only to learn they wouldn't run on backcompat PS3s, didn't come back to the series until the HD Collection at which point I blew through the entire series minus Enter the Nexus, which I still need to finish) but it's probably my favorite series to launch in the last 15 years.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the first game rebuilt using the massive improvements that came in between the first and second games (XP for weapons, the later games' health mechanics, etc). And with Clank-only stages that hopefully won't suck.

All starts tomorrow morning with Smash Bros, the Nintendo World Championships, and then goes all the way to Fallout 4 and Dishonored 2 tomorrow night!

Sunday Nintendo Super Smash Bros.

When: Sunday, June 14 at 7:40 a.m. PT / 10:40 a.m. ET.

What: Masahiro Sakurai will detail content arriving in the new update for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS & Wii U.

Nintendo World Championships

When: Sunday, June 14 at 2:35 p.m. PT / 5:35 p.m. ET

What: For the first time in 25 years, a Nintendo World Champion will rise. Eight winners from regional qualifying events will meet eight invited competitors at L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles for a multi-round Nintendo game competition, but only one will be crowned the 2015 Nintendo World Champion.

Bethesda

When: Sunday, June 14 at 6:30 p.m. PT / 9:30 p.m. ET.

What: Bethesda's first ever E3 press conference promises to deliver news of Fallout 4, Doom and likely much more.

Monday YouTube

When: Sunday, June 14 at 9:30 a.m. PT / 12:30 p.m. ET.

What: This first ever, day-long stream from YouTube kicks off with Robert Kirkman, creator of The Walking Dead and just keeps on delivering the news and surprises throughout the day.

Microsoft

When: Monday, June 15 at 9:30 a.m. PT / 12:30 p.m. ET.

What: The first of the big three press conferences will deliver all of the show's big Xbox One and Windows PC news.

Electronic Arts

When: Monday , June 15 at 1 p.m. PT / 4 p.m. ET.

What: Electronic Arts is loaded up with lots to talk about including its stable of sports games, Star Wars: Battlefront, Mirror's Edge Catalyst and more.

Ubisoft

When: Monday, June 15 at 3 p.m. PT / 6 p.m. ET.

What: Ubisoft's show is likely to include Assassin's Creed and The Division news, but this publisher always peppers its pressers with surprises.

Sony

When: Monday, June 15 at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET.

What: The day wraps up with Sony's massive PlayStation press conference. This year's we'll hear more about Project Morpheus, plenty about PS4 games and maybe even a little PlayStation Vita news.

Tuesday Nintendo E3 Direct

When: Tuesday, June 16 at 9 a.m. PT / 12 p.m. ET.

Square-Enix

When: Tuesday, June 16 at 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET.

What: Square-Enix has an impressive slate coming into E3 with the new Tomb Raider game, a new Deus Ex, Final Fantasy titles and rumors of a new Hitman game. This could be one of the big surprise press conferences of the show.

PC Gaming

When: Tuesday, June 16 at 6 p.m. PT / 9 p.m. ET.

What: AMD and PC Gamer magazine are teaming up with an assortment of PC-centric game publishers to show off games fit for your Windows PC. There promises to be a lot of developers on hand, but it's unclear how much of what they show will be new after three days of press conferences.

There's something about that Bethesda line that makes me laugh. "Bethesda's first ever E3 press conference promises to deliver news of Fallout 4, Doom and likely much more."

"Like hey we're dropping new games in two of the biggest franchises in the world but, you know, there will me more, so tune in."

The leaks are happening but it seems more like "OK here's the information you wanted anyway." It's not quite as massive where schedules were online a week before E3.

It's rumored that Sony will be unveiling a PS Move 2 controller and "Project Morpheus" has a new name of PlayStation RealEyes.

Still, all this starts tonight with Bethesda. I'm hoping that the Doom game gets a release date.