DVDVR Message Board

E3 2015

What else would Nintendo have to show?

That's the million dollar question heading into E3 for me. They got Star Fox, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's Wooly World and they'll probably show some of their first mobile games, maybe a few 3DS games, but after that? Beats me. Though many people are predicting a new Animal Crossing.

EDIT: Probably Pokemon Z too.

What else would Nintendo have to show?

That's the million dollar question heading into E3 for me. They got Star Fox, Mario Maker, and Yoshi's Wooly World and they'll probably show some of their first mobile games, maybe a few 3DS games, but after that? Beats me. Though many people are predicting a new Animal Crossing.

EDIT: Probably Pokemon Z too.

In short, games that most adults do not give a shit about.  Zelda or GTFO, Nintendo.

And for once I agree with Poe, if Wii U had a new F-Zero or new Metroid game, there would be one in my house.

• Like 1

With Nintendo I expect either another apology about the Amiibos or more hard to find ones just to fuck with us.  I'm banking on the latter.

Considering many sites are blocked at work that would air E3 conferences, I'll pick and choose what to check out.  Ubisoft, Nintendo and Sony are the main conferences of interest and I'm hoping for good stuff to come out of those.

I really miss the days of G4 and Spike where you'd have days upon days of coverage outside of the conferences.  If there's a site that has this I'd find some kind of way of checking it out, maybe some remote desktop or VPN type deal.

I actually predict that Nintendo doesn't do anything worth giving a shit about. You'll probably get some kind of Pokemon release for iPhone, or maybe A Link to the Past for iPhone, some NX news (just call it "The Nintendo"), Starfox and something out of left field, like a MOBA featuring Pikmin or some such bullshit.

I don't know, I just don't care much about E3 anymore. It's quickly becoming very irrelevant in the face of distributors holding their own shows, multiple PAX events, and developers announcing their shit in other forums, like Gencon. 

In short, games that most adults do not give a shit about.  Zelda or GTFO, Nintendo.

And for once I agree with Poe, if Wii U had a new F-Zero or new Metroid game, there would be one in my house.

Isn't "not giving a shit what adult gamers think" a pretty fair summary of Nintendo's market at this point? I don't even mean that as a knock. Just in general it's a perfectly valid direction in the current market being focused so heavily on M rated games. They do need to make better choices within that market though.

As long as Sony gets the primetime slot I will be good.

Why? There's no more G4 and I don't believe Spike shows these conferences live anymore (but I could be wrong), so they're all online, you can watch them whenever you want.

I'll be at work for the earlier times and I like to watch it live.

Isn't "not giving a shit what adult gamers think" a pretty fair summary of Nintendo's market at this point? I don't even mean that as a knock. Just in general it's a perfectly valid direction in the current market being focused so heavily on M rated games. They do need to make better choices within that market though.

Making and producing games that everyone gave a shit about put Nintendo on top of the world for a while there.  Then they stopped giving a shit and their IP's started migrating to greener pastures. 

It also doesn't help that the titles that might have sustained a home console were farmed out to sustain portables.  As much as I want to see another Eternal Arcadia game, I know that it will show up on 3DS and that will infuriate me.

Oh I agree Nintendo have done a lot of bizarre things in recent years. But in theory if they ran their company like a real company and not like an elaborate prank they'd have no worries for the foreseeable future.

That's Konami.

Nintendo is pretty close -- as more details come out about Splatoon, the less and less I want it. It's like an online only PS2 game at this point. No chat online? No party match making? No streaming allowed?

It should be their Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare, but they are fumbling badly.

There's no fucking excuse why they are 10 years behind the industry in online stuff.

If multiplayer is their big selling point in Star Fox, I'm out for that too because I know they'll fuck it up.

There are rumblings that Bioware will announce ME4's release date during E3

I will not be held responsible for my actions if this occurs

There are rumblings that Bioware will announce ME4's release date during E3

I will not be held responsible for my actions if this occurs

Shut your fucking mouth, Rippa.  I have a house I am struggling to close on.  I do not need any added stress right now.

Apparently, Bethesda hired Guillermo del Toro's production company to make the Fallout 4 trailer starting around November or December of 2014. I say apparently because it was found on an artist's LinkedIn profile, and he's worked on several other trailers (that much has been confirmed). I think we're getting Fallout 4 this year, but did anyone really think we wouldn't see something at E3?

Even if it's not going to be ready any time soon (as in the next year) this is still the time to announce Fallout 4. They are in a pretty sweet spot where people still love the series and the wait has hyped up the fans but it hasn't dragged on so long that everyone has moved on. There is zero doubt there is going to be a Fallout 4 so let's get the ball rolling. And frankly the AAA title competition feels a bit thin right now compared to some E3's of the past so you've got that going for you too. The show seems to have been more and more about tech demos and less about game releases over time, or at least that is how it has felt the last few to me.