DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA Playoffs - QUARTERFINALS

Dolfan in NYC

Horrible BBIQ play from Butler there after the great comeback. Down 2, easy 2 for 1, 17 seconds on the shot clock, and Butler chucks up a fadeaway 3 on the inbound. Get the fucking ball to Rose and run a pick and roll damnit!

Seriously though. How do you kick Taj out right there? You could argue that he was kicking his leg free right as delladova let go, but even if he extended his foot for the kick, you can't go flagrant 2 right there!! T him up and move the fuck on!

I think we are obviously going to disagree on the validity of the ejection, haha. I thought it should have been a technical foul on Gibson and another on Brooks for giving JR Smith the pounce. I do think they probably reduce the Flagrant 2 to a Flagrant 1. If it stays a 2, Gibson is suspended for game six because of the Milwaukee series flagrants.

Did anyone see what happened to Rose's wrist? I didn't see a good angle of that play with Kyrie. Hope the dude is okay.

I don't know what team that was playing the Clips tonight, but that sure didn't look like the Rockets to me.

That's how the Rockets have played in their best stretches throughout the season. A shame it took until Gm 5 too shake off rust and play with that fast paced style

Rockets D in half court sets I believe was tops or amongst tops in points allowed. If they can keep getting easy baskets/free throws/guys hitting open 3's when Harden draws multiple defenders. I don't think the Clips can beat the Rockets at their best.

It looks like Rockets are letting Paul & Griffin get their numbers but the job on Reddick, Crawford, Barnes, Rivers and Jordan was fantastic. Please Clutch City get it too Game 7

• Like 1

This was a good win. I'm sorry that the Bulls season had to end like that. I think the next round for the Cavs really depends on health. I'm not sure Lebron can drag this team to the finals if Kyrie can't really go.

Thib's postgame: "We've been having problems in the 2nd quarter all series."  Of course you have had problems in the 2nd quarter all series, you play Kirk and Jo together every fucking time during that stretch....  

Thibs: "We showed good activity in the 3rd, but couldn't get in punching distances."  You started the 4th with Kirk Hinrich, Joakim Noah and Taj Gibson together down 13.  That IS punching distance for your offensive squad, but it was obviously out of range for THAT lineup.  

Sideline reporter at the start of the 4th: "How can you get your offense going." Thibs: "We have to get stops."

What a fucking idiot...

O yeah... Kirk Hinrich?  -29 in 20 minutes.  20 minutes! In a close out game! 

Good luck with all that New Orleans.  Have fun wasting AD's prime on a coach who can't adjust in the playoffs and will play HIS guys HIS way no matter what the stats say.  Will Asik be running the O from the top of the key?