DVDVR Message Board

2015 Non-Event General MMA Talk Thread

Elsalvajeloco

Ryan Jimmo can now have awful fights elsewhere and never have to worry about sponsorship issues.  Maybe Bellator will give him some floor seats for their barely half full events and he will be happy and not complain like a crybaby on Twitter.

Ryan Jimmo can now have awful fights elsewhere and never have to worry about sponsorship issues.  Maybe Bellator will give him some floor seats for their barely half full events and he will be happy and not complain like a crybaby on Twitter.

or he could've not gone 3-5 in the UFC and gotten a good deal. when he fought Manuwa, i figured the loser would fade into obscurity. thanks for proving me right, Jimmo!

• Like 1

I don't know how I feel about social media being the haven for personal domestic abuse issues. Wouldn't the wise thing to do be to leave and then consult the authorities after this abuse has taken place? If this is a serious issue (and it very well may be), then I dunno what would compel you to instantly take to social media with the evidence when you can send it through the proper channels. Also, doesn't Travis Browne have kids?

Can't they replace that lame Joe Rogan wannabe that was with Wheelock? I didn't mind Wheelock at all and he was on one of the dozens of rasslin' podcasts last year and came off as a likable guy.

Speaking of MMA announcers, I've heard Rogan talk on more than one occasion about not being able to listen to one particular commentator without using any names. Does anybody know who he's referring to? Is it that Bellator shithouse?

Can't they replace that lame Joe Rogan wannabe that was with Wheelock? I didn't mind Wheelock at all and he was on one of the dozens of rasslin' podcasts last year and came off as a likable guy.

Speaking of MMA announcers, I've heard Rogan talk on more than one occasion about not being able to listen to one particular commentator without using any names. Does anybody know who he's referring to? Is it that Bellator shithouse?

I believe Jimmy Smith and Rogan are cool with each other, and I'm pretty sure Smith has even appeared on his podcast. So it was probably Wheelock and just wanted to avoid that confrontation with Jimmy. I don't think it is Anik because I think Rogan casually watches some of the other UFC shows anyway.

Even though everyone is replaceable, I don't think they're going to replace Smith due to the face he also does PBC for them. Maybe he fits into a certain look and voice they're going for.

Heard a bit of news coming out the Meltzer Fan Q&A on F4W:

A possible fight for UFC 200 is Henderson vs. Bisping II

Update: On the the actual Observer show, Meltzer said the fight is still possible, but Henderson is lukewarm (lukewarm being the word I would choose to shorten this up) about the fight because he isn't sure he can top that win.

Someone took time to construct a fake Jose Aldo story that turned a bit prison rape-y at the end:

Eu não vou apenas bater no McGregor: eu vou fazer ele de exemplo. Eu vou bater tanto nesse filho da puta que ele não vai conseguir abrir a boca para falar as suas merdas por mais de um mês. Eu vou quebrar a mandíbula desse corno filho da puta em três partes. Os fãs veados daquele corno e o UFC vai se arrepender de ter colocado esse pela saco para lutar comigo porque eu vou apagar a estrelinha dele. Eu vou apagar a estrelinha dele. Eu nunca me senti mais poderoso na minha vida do que agora. Antes de quebrar a costela eu estava nocauteando meio-pesados com golpes no corpo no treino. Eu não posso treainar ainda, mas continuo socando e chutando com a mesma potência. Eu não vou nem me preocupar em desviar dos soquinhos e chutes de dançarina do McGregor: eu vou caminhar na direção dele e tirar a hombridade dele. Humilhar ele. Inchar aquele boquinha de boqueteiro dele. Boa sorte me nocautearÇ o Cigano não conseguiu em treino com contato total. O mais gostoso mesmo vai ser ver a cara dos fãs racistas irlandeses dele. Ver a cara deles depois que eu transformei o herói deles numa bicha.

Translated into English, this would be:

I am not going to only beat McGregor up: I am going to make an example out of him. I am going to beat up this son of a bitch so bad that he won't be able to open his mout to say his shits for more than one month. I am going to break the jaw of this cuckolded son of a bitch in three parts. Teh ********* fans of that cuckold and the UFC will regret have put that f-tard to fight me because I am going to blow out his little star. I am going to blow out his little star. I've never felt so pwerful in my life. Before breaking my rib I was knocking out light-heavyweights with body shots. I can't spar yet, but I am still punching and kicking with the same power. I won't even bother dodging McGregor's little punches and ballerina kicks: I will walk straight towards him and take away his manhood. Take his pride. Humiliate him. Swell up those ****-sucking lips of his. Good luck KOing me: Cigano couldn't do it in full-contact boxing. But the most delightful will be to see the look on the faces of his racist Irish fans. Look at their faces after I have turned their national hero into a bottom-boy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/3d7sc7/jose_aldo_just_on_rock_bola_radio_had_some/

Between this and the fake Golovkin quotes from a few weeks ago, I wonder if people know how easy it is to dispel this stuff.

Titan FC lost their main event four days before the show as Mike Ricci has pulled out with a hand injury (torn ligaments).

Also, according to Guilherme Cruz, what Jose Aldo really said on that radio show is he plans on returning to training in two weeks or whenever his doctor clears him. And yeah, that he plans on smashing Conor. No vulgar language or quasi-homophobic language.

Wonder how many voicemails Coker has left.

"Hey Fedor....this is Scott Coker of Bellator....Bellator MMA....Viacom's Bellator MMA....we met at the show in Connecticut. You remember? ....Ring a bell? ......Before that, Strikeforce?....You there, champ?...(humming)......Anyway, you call me back at 408-51 *beep*"

• Like 1