DVDVR Message Board

[March Madness 2015] The case for ...

Matt D

Six months into the voting period Ambrose would've been my guy, but then he wrestled Bray and Axel 100 times. I'm not sure a main roster act had a better year than Tyson Kidd this year. I'd put his ring work up against anyone from the main roster, and his character work was on another level. His tag team with Cesaro has been a breath of fresh air on the main roster from all the stale acts up there. Sami may be the only person I'd take over Kidd right now.

I think Sasha, Bayley, and Charlotte all should be in. Charlotte has had moments where her inexperience came through, but she's had at least 4 or 5 matches in the voting period in the discussion for best WWE women's match ever.

I'd also throw Tyler Breeze as someone who should be in. I've never seen a bad match from him, he's hung with all the indy/international guys, and has been consistently the most entertaining character in NXT since Kidd stopped being a regular. I think he's one of the smarter workers in NXT with great instincts and timing as well.

AJ has had a good year. Johnny Mundo needs to be there. I made the case for AR I'd add Rich Swann too and Beretta and Chuck Taylor and of course Ricochet and Uhaa

Rich Swann vs Trevor Lee

Trent Baretta vs Talon

Chuck Taylor vs MArion Fontaine

Prince Puma (Ricochet) vs Johnny Mundo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwyyAza3jag

Uhaa nation vs Liam Thomson

Six months into the voting period Ambrose would've been my guy, but then he wrestled Bray and Axel 100 times. I'm not sure a main roster act had a better year than Tyson Kidd this year. I'd put his ring work up against anyone from the main roster, and his character work was on another level. His tag team with Cesaro has been a breath of fresh air on the main roster from all the stale acts up there. Sami may be the only person I'd take over Kidd right now.

Kidd is another great pick.  He went from a guy who I was initially upset about taking up NXT screen time to developing a great character to go along with his ring work.  He's an underrated trash talker in the ring too.

It's official, and I'm super sorry, but you'll have to find someone else to do March Madness this year. Or maybe someone creative will come up with something new and fun.

My life has become insanely busy in a GREAT way, and I don't have the time or even the desire to do this. I thought I was going to pull it off and this would be my final hoorah but sadly last year's will just have to do. Oh well, we'll always have:

12164%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%

Shine on you crazy diamonds. 

• Like 1

It's official, and I'm super sorry, but you'll have to find someone else to do March Madness this year. Or maybe someone creative will come up with something new and fun.

My life has become insanely busy in a GREAT way, and I don't have the time or even the desire to do this. I thought I was going to pull it off and this would be my final hoorah but sadly last year's will just have to do. Oh well, we'll always have:

12164%20-%20autoplay_gif%20daniel_bryan%

Shine on you crazy diamonds. 

superkick.gif

I appreciate you at least keeping the pretense that it won't be me doing it this year.

• Like 5

The Case for Ultimo Guerrero

Look, no one can vote for Roman Reigns over UG in Round 1 before watching this:

There are other matches, especially indy performances where he really got to shine in ways he doesn't usually, real maestro ways, which is not a word commonly associated with him, but I don't think we'll convince a lot of people to watch those. I do think people can take 20 minutes out of their week and check out the most talked about lucha match in 2014 though.

• Like 2

It's a spot that happens now and again to end Ultimo's big matches. It's not necessarily no-selling so much of anticipation of his finish by the person taking it, being prepared to have the strength to kick out, and then knowing he'll be vulnerable for a few moments after the kick out. I'm not a fan of it by any means but it's best thought of as if they're in the midst of Punch Out. You have to block the super move six times to allow for the opening where Mr. Sandman is vulnerable for a moment for a big KO blow. I don't think it would be unfamiliar to the crowd and they certainly bought into it. 

I'll admit that I have my problems with it too.