DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Rivalry Week

Dolfan in NYC

Probably, and I wouldn't have a tremendous problem with that. But I kinda feel the same about him as I do Gordon: He's putting up great numbers in a system that's designed for him to be successful. If you look at the track record of Oregon and the Eagles, it becomes pretty clear that the QB is the most easily replaceable part of the Chip Kelly offense. Get a guy with decent athleticism and a pretty good arm who can count the numbers correctly, and they're going to rack up a lot of yards and points.

I'm just more impressed with the guy who's putting up huge numbers in a situation where he's really not supposed to be.

Cooper is so good that Kiffin was signaling TD on his second touchdown catch BEFORE THE BALL WAS EVEN THROWN. He just saw the coverage and knew there was no way that dude could cover him.

Just got home from Tuscaloosa. What. A. Fucking. GAME.

You really had to be there to understand how fucking unglued the stadium came when Amari caught that long TD. Literally thought I was going to lose both my eardrums AND my voice after that play. Blake channeling Jameis in the first half was obviously not very good for the heart, but man, that second half after the 3rd INT was fucking insane.

So glad to be rid if the stench of last year's debacle.

• Like 1

I hate my fucking life because I was supposed to be at that game last night, and my ticket source flaked on me.  Like APO, I'm so glad to be able to FINALLY put last year out of my memory.  Cooper is a certified G, and should def be the Heisman winner, but probably won't be.

• Like 1

Is Nebraska ever going to be a national power again? Probably not. The TV expansion of the past decade has really hurt the ability of teams like Nebraska and Tennessee to recruit nationally like they did in their glory days. But there's no reason they can't be the dominant team in their division and a regular fixture in the B1G title game and the Rose Bowl.

A name to watch out for there is Ed Orgeron. His stint at Ole Miss didn't produce many wins, but he impressed a lot of people with his interim work at USC last season, and his strong recruiting ties to the West Coast would be a big boost to Nebraska's national recruiting efforts.

He won't be their first or second choice, but if they whiff on a few guys - which they probably will considering more desirable jobs will be open - he could sneak up their board.

Is Al Golden dead yet?

Not only not dead but now with 4 year extension

I've basically made the decision to not go to a single game if he's back. I'm the biggest UM fan ever so if you can kill my enthusiasm for the program then you've truly done something.

He didn't do a great job but my question is, can Nebraska be NEBRASKA again? It seemed like they allowed some shady characters for a long time there. It doesn't feel like a marquee job anymore.

They don't have nine cupcake games on their schedule anymore and don't have Tom Osborne cheating like crazy. So, yeah, the days of Nebraska winning 11 games every year are probably over.
  • Like 1

Apropos of nothing, I'm currently in Florida on vacation and had a first-hand opportunity to take in the FSU/UF atmosphere (including one dude in a half/half Gators/Noles shirt that got quite the reaction from me). The key thing I took is that EVERYONE is no-selling the new FSU logo... not one person had it. Pretty funny.

Authorities have found the body of Ohio State walk-on Kosta Karageorge.

He had been missing since Wednesday and had told his mother that he was having problems resulting from concussions.

It's my understanding that the young man was a wrestler prior to walking on to the football team, and that his head injuries stem from that sport.

Terrible story.  :(