A DRAGON AGE THREAD

RIPPA

There is a DLC coming out that will most likely focus on

Solas

but I also assume

he'll be a big part of the sequel

There's a pretty good article about

Solas and what this could all mean/lead to

on Kotaku. Give it a read. http://kotaku.com/dragon-age-inquisitions-ending-explained-1671137779  

(don't click this if you haven't finished the game yet)

I wish Sera would get a spin-off game.

So, can we just assume that Solas is the main villain for the next installment, or does the Dragon Age universe generally not work that way?

At this point, it's pretty certain we're getting at least a Wolf Hunt DLC. I guess it depends on how complicated his story is on if he continues to whatever the next game will be.

Finally getting back into this after pretty much not touching it since early December - I'm now pretty much at the point where I have to decide between the two factions.

Is there any real reason (rewards, followers or something like that) to pick one faction vs the other?  Right now I want to go scorched earth and murder the lot of em.

Thanks.  I'm gonna hold my nose and pick one of these groups. 

The Templar vs. Mage stuff has always been my least favorite part of these games, so I've been avoiding it so far.  Mainly I've been wandering around in the woods picking up stuff and whacking random things over the head.

• Like 1

Since I saw you playing today - I assume you downloaded the newest patch (which I did today which is why I am just discovering this)

Go down to area where Dagna and the Blacksmith are. As soon as you get there now there is a big ass chest labelled "Storage"

• Like 1

I finally made it to Skyhold over the weekend and immediately found the storage.  Couldn't figure out why people had been complaining about not having it.  Makes sense now.  Glad I get to drop off all those damn upgrades I was tired of carrying around.

Can you just tint your armor any color now or is it still by what materials you're using? I know the former was being tested in patch 5, no idea it was been implemented with its release.

Well all I know is that - much like storage - there is now a table in that same area labelled "armor tinting" (or something close to that)

I didn't look at it because I had just finished What Pride Had Wrought and I was trying to save before I fucked anything up

Help a noob out - Is it worth my time to get the first few Dragon Age games or should I just dive head firat into Inquisition?

I dont have DA:I yet but I keep being tempted... Feeling like I should grab the others and play through those first though.

Any advise?

I played about half of the first Dragon Age game before my XBox RRoD'd on me and didn't even touch the second one.

But I enjoyed the hell out of DA:I. You can set your stuff up in the Keep, which is what I did. . .and didn't dive terribly deep into the lore or anything, either. So I don't know if the "universe" I set up for myself made any real sense in terms of storyline or continuity or anything like that.

But I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Help a noob out - Is it worth my time to get the first few Dragon Age games or should I just dive head firat into Inquisition?

I dont have DA:I yet but I keep being tempted... Feeling like I should grab the others and play through those first though.

Any advise?

You don't have to, but there will be some callbacks and references (mostly in war table missions) that you may not get. If you're willing to read codex entries you'll get the information you need to not be lost.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the introduction of armor tinting screams to me of Bioware's attempt to force JT to play the game

Dammit...

The newest patch is out

I think the most important thing for me

Adjusted position of mosaic pieces for “The Fall” so they can all be collected.

A Dragon Age game that actually allows you to complete things.  Dammit, again.

I will make everyone here a deal.  If Bioware fixes the shitty DAO Codex bug that accurately reflects the Good Guy ending where Isolde does not need to sacrifice herself and you go in to Connor's dream after the Lust Demon by using Lyrium given to you by the Circle Mages, I will buy this dumb game.

First DLC was finally announced, Jaws of Hakkon. It releases tomorrow for the Xbox One and PC. No idea when us poor PS3 & PS4 players will get it.

"A few weeks" is the timeline I've seen from people who know about EA Subscruption stuff. XBox380 has to wait, too.

Yeah I realized that a little later. I'm surprised they made 360 users wait. That seems odd.

I thought so, too, but it may just be Microsoft hammering home that THEY DON'T SUPPORT THE OLD SHIT WOULD YOU UPGRADE ALREADY. ;-)

Oh and BTW - for those that dont know. The DLC costs $15 and requires 1.5 GB

And the game itself recommends you being at least Level 20 before doing it