DVDVR Message Board

May 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Looks a bit like ´pool are trying to lose their shot at the title in spectacular fashion.

Edit: Congrats to City I guess. Shame for Liverpool, who knows if they will get another season like this over the next few years.

Great game, can´t imagine this not being a major factor in the title race. Liverpool looked like a championship side for 79 minutes, then conceeded and looked incrediby shaken. You don´t win a title like that, you need to seal a game like that out, at least as soon as you get caught the first time. It´s 3-1 in an away leg, nine minutes to go, and all but two men are pushing up the field after they win a corner. Crystal - major creds to them - counter in a situation where there shouldn´t be any room to counter. They probably played like that all season (I haven´t seen too much BPL this year), but normally this playstyle wins you sympathies, but no titles.

Ok, some words... Coutinho has been spectacularly inconsistent this season. When he's good, he's on fire, but then sometimes he's anonymous. For Palace's second goal, Palace break from their box, and Coutinho sticks a half-hearted leg in for a tackle, and then just jogs back. This is a minute after he's just come on, so he should be fresh, and a minute after we just saw a tired Suarez sprint all the way back to the six yard box to defend. So annoyed right now.

I can't even fault the team. With goal difference looking like it would be a factor, they had to keep going for more goals, though I think at 3-2, Rodgers should've just stuck everyone behind the ball to defend the three points.

• Like 1

Who does Villa play up front without Benteke? Grant fucking Holt? WE'RE GONNA WIN THA LEAGUE!

Please shoot Glen Johnson out of a cannon after the world cup.

Two weeks ago it was looking like the worst football year imaginable. 7th in the league, City League cup, Chelsea Champions League winners and Liverpool ending 24 years of pain then...

rthsur.jpg
UPpc9EY.gif
Bmi1nJzIAAAcqlL.jpg
BmlM7HsCMAAAxwo.jpg
Bm5vL0qCYAAlDsy.jpg

suarezokxta.gif

Football's a lovely game. Nothing happened on Saturday

edit my sig works so well with this. :D

Don't worry, they're going to buy a whole new team in the summer. Because that works out well, just look at Tottenham!

You shut up you're going to be so sorry when we lose to Roma or something in the Europa League semi finals next year.

Absolutely incredible. Title contenders all over Europe are having bad moments at the worst possible time at the end of the season.

Both Madrid squads and Barcelona drop valuable points in La Liga this weekend, Liverpool and Chelsea get draws in games they should have won on paper. Man City is in the driver's seat, but if they drop points to Aston Villa, boy oh boy.

So? We're talking about this season.

Presumably you wouldn't have been happy at the start of the season if someone told you Man Utd would finish 7th with a whole host of abysmal broken 40 year old records. Liverpool fans on the other hand would be more than happy with a 2nd place finish and attractive football with 100+ goals.

Presumably you wouldn't have been happy at the start of the season if someone told you Man Utd would finish 7th with a whole host of abysmal broken 40 year old records. Liverpool fans on the other hand would be more than happy with a 2nd place finish and attractive football with 100+ goals.

That won't be remembered. This season will be remembered for Liverpool fans celebrating winning the title without actually winning and this

20qc07a.png

They'll be no joy "we're finally back in the champions league" it's "we've choked. blown the best opportunity at the title in a quarter of a century"

Edit: again my sig is amazing

• Like 2

Highest finish aside, pissing a title away sucks.

• Like 1