DVDVR Message Board

So, any guess as to who Andy Serkis is playing based on his highly specific beard/hair situation? I can't place him.

Here's a theory:

www.ign.com/videos/2014/10/23/will-the-black-panther-be-in-avengers-age-of-ultron

It is a good theory.  We know that Wakanda will favor heavily in this movie and Ultron will most likely have Vibranium armor since Adamantium is part of the X-Men license and Disney doesn't have that back yet, so yeah I can believe that Serkis will play Ulysses Klaw.

andy-serkis-klaw-110383.jpg

That's gotta be who it is.

I was shocked by how clean Manhattan was on our visit last year.  I wouldn't eat off the sidewalk, but even sans trashcans there was nary a speck of garbage during our walks.

Well, it was piled on the curb in bags, but nothing loose.

It also would mean Serkis doing motion capture once he turned into Klaw and became solid sound.

Poor Taimak.  He is too old and too hard to get along with to star in a Black Panther movie.

Chadwick Boseman, come on down!

He has indeed taken Denzel's job of portraying all of the important Black People of our time, real or imagined.

If this movie were happening six or seven years ago, I'd have cast Denzel or Chiwetel Ejiofor.  Either of them could roll now as T'Chaka, T'Challa's father.

I would like to see Kevin Grevioux show up as the Man-Ape and be a henchman of Klaw.  I have a feeling that won't happen due to Hollywood political correctness withering under the idea of a Black person playing a stooge character with the word "ape" in the name. The NAACP would shit itself getting ready for the boycott.

• Like 1

After Ejiofor kicked tons of ass in Serenity, I thought he'd be a great Black Panther. Sadly, that never came to pass.

He also kicked ass in Redbelt.  Having a good actor that was also a serious practicing martial artist would be total bonus.

• Like 1

The guy from Attack The Block was always my first choice as T'Challa. Unfortunately JJ snapped him up for the Star Wars movies and I don't see how he could possibly do both franchises. My backup choice was Michael Jordan but now that he's Johnny Storm in that doomed FF reboot, I don't see him as a viable contender anymore either. I suppose he could pull a Chris Evans, tho - how ironic it'd be if both Johnny Storms ended up with their own Marvel Studios franchise.

Ejiofor is probably the best suggestion I've seen. As mentioned, he has the physicality to do the part and the kinda zen quality he gives his characters would fit perfectly with how I envision Panther being.

I do hope they toss Snipes a bone by casting him as T'Challa's dad in the inevitable origin sequence. I know his problems are of his own doing but it'd be nice of Marvel to kind of help out the dude who basically established Marvel as a viable source of movie properties back in the day with Blade.

The guy from Attack The Block was always my first choice as T'Challa. Unfortunately JJ snapped him up for the Star Wars movies and I don't see how he could possibly do both franchises. 

I actually feel like this could help, with Disney being like HE'S OURS HANDS OFF WE GIVE HIM EVERYTHING HE NEEDS TO THRIVE

Ejiofor is probably the best suggestion I've seen. As mentioned, he has the physicality to do the part and the kinda zen quality he gives his characters would fit perfectly with how I envision Panther being.

He has the martial arts pedigree and Oscar level acting skills. 

He'd be my logical choice even though he is waaaaay overqualified, but Disney being Disney makes me think that they'd probably go with a younger actor, especially given that this will be a Day One Origin launch movie.

The guy from Attack The Block was always my first choice as T'Challa. Unfortunately JJ snapped him up for the Star Wars movies and I don't see how he could possibly do both franchises. 

I actually feel like this could help, with Disney being like HE'S OURS HANDS OFF WE GIVE HIM EVERYTHING HE NEEDS TO THRIVE

That would really leave him no time for passion projects. Unlikely he'd make that choice, even if offered.

He has the martial arts pedigree and Oscar level acting skills. 

He'd be my logical choice even though he is waaaaay overqualified, but Disney being Disney makes me think that they'd probably go with a younger actor, especially given that this will be a Day One Origin launch movie.

Yeah, when you compare him to the two Chris's he's kinda old - he's older than both of them now and they're already two movies into their franchises. But they did hire Paul Rudd who is a decent bit older than Ejiofor. And most of the big names being thrown around for Strange are about his age. I'm not sure they have to go the "Young up and comer" route for every film (although it worked out spectacularly for Cap, Thor, and Guardians). And I'm not sure Panther works as well as a young guy - he's supposed to have gravitas.

Then again, people said similar things about Cap and Evans pulled it off. So if they can find a young actor with a commanding presence, I suppose it might work.

Perfect choice. Phoenix would've been my #1 but Cumber was the best of the back-up choices. I'm glad he'll get a franchise of his own and a chance to really show how awesome he is after he was criminally wasted in that putrid Star Trek sequel.

Perfect casting, but it also feels like really safe, dull casting. He'll be great but I feel like I can already picture everything he does.

Totally agree. He'll be great, but I'd be 1000% more interest in what Phoenix's crazy ass would do with the role.

Also, Cumberbatch is a zillion times better actor than Keanu...but I think I'd rather see Keanu Strange.