DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-14-14

MGFanJay

"Scorpion Crosslock" was, nearly as I can tell, made up on the spot by Regal when Paige debuted the hold at NXT Arrival.

I don't think Mercury actually ever lost his job after SES ended. When he came back from surgery, he trained at FCW/NXT.

I can't be the only one who watched the Wyatt/Cena thing and thought it was too damn long to the point of being unnecessary. Someone else brought up Nexus and Cena being all vulnerable and shit but it was just too boring.. It was the first time I thought Wyatt doesn't have the voice or delivery for an eon's worth of promo time. Cena started off as terrible and ended up great. I didn't know what the fuck Wyatt's point was even though he blatantly pointed it out.

I am glad the mighty have fallen when it comes to ADR. But like I was going to watch that snooze fest with him and RVD. Boring fuckers.

Sandow is another guy that couldn't command that crowd's attention with extended mic time. It was embarrassing.

That Ziggles/Wade match was boring with a few good spots. Loved the finish and the attempt to make the Bull Hammer a flash finisher, but idk. I miss the Wasteland and was surprise it got a little reaction since he hasn't used it in years.

And it was so nice of HHH's ego to go full circle and go back 10 years. I mean, it took a bazillion guys (whom half were in Nexus lol and/or in the IC tournament) to beat up the three Shield guys. But Evolution comes back and steals any heat (which wasn't much).

It takes effort to kill a Southern crowd, but damn it to hell if the WWE ain't methodically picking them off.

- I thought it was a good show ruined by an awful crowd. It was weird seeing the likes of Sheamus and Orton getting the biggest ovations in 2014, not to mention Evolution getting no reaction.

- It's impossible not to like Paige, but to be fair she was given Alicia Fox and more than 30 seconds to work, so that helps.

- Cena in goofy mode is cringe worthy. Cole and Lawler forcing a laugh to a joke that appeals only to 12 years old isn't the best direction for this feud right now.

Paige's match with Fox was great. I love how Fox sold the tap: that the move was locked in so tight she could barely move her hand. 

Paiger needs to stop with the shocked cry face and just be the bad ass that we're being told she is, though. Just win, glare, and banshee scream on the turnbuckle with the belt over your head.

• Like 1

WWE has changed so much in the last couple of months that Cena almost feels like a relic from another era to me at this point. His act is ancient.

Agreed. Much like Vince ending Attitude with a promo, someone needs to end the Wacky Photoshop Jokes Era. 

• Like 1

I just watched Paige/Alicia Fox. That's the start of what I hope is the NXT influence of the diva's division. That was a nice little match. Alicia Fox did some great trash talking. Paige countered with some snug kicks and a really good linking clothesline sequence that Alicia sold like death. The Scorpion Crossface is an awesome finisher and better than the Paige Turner. For those who don't watch NXT, Paige used the Scorpion Crossface out of nowhere in her pretty great match against Emma at NXT Arrival. The significance of that is she tapped out NXT's resident bubbly submissions expert.

Fun times ahead. I'll give some of the divas credit for actually trying and visibly caring now. The division from The Pipe Bombshell to now is a lot better. It's no longer a one-woman game with AJ and everyone else.

• Like 1

WWE has changed so much in the last couple of months that Cena almost feels like a relic from another era to me at this point. His act is ancient.

It works really well with him now posing himself as the company ace holding off these new barbarians at the gate. Like he said -- you want to be a made man, you have to go through him. His act is stale but he still brings it in the ring and no one has cracked the code yet, aside from Daniel Bryan. But Bray's coming close with his new age form of attacks on Cena's mind and character (as in quality of who he is as a man) as opposed to just having his goons beat him up a bunch.

One thing that Cena said I sorta hated -- he said Bray hasn't been able to do anything without the help of Harper and Rowan yet. Dude must not have watched Bray/Bryan, when Bray ordered his troops away from the ring and beat Bryan by himself.

• Like 1

He's the only one that can make the eye rolling go away once he gets to the fucking point.

I am more miffed that HHH has taken it upon himself to be the mountain that all these upstarts have to climb to prove themselves. No one in 2014 wants to see another HHH reign of dominance when it's pretty much a given that him and his wife are going to shit all over the talent on air.

I mean, at least Vince got his ass kicked so had a reason to go "You want to screw with me?! Then FUCK YOU!" Stephanie has been untouchable while HHH is still being HHH.

• Like 1

He's the only one that can make the eye rolling go away once he gets to the fucking point.

I am more miffed that HHH has taken it upon himself to be the mountain that all these upstarts have to climb to prove themselves. No one in 2014 wants to see another HHH reign of dominance when it's pretty much a given that him and his wife are going to shit all over the talent on air.

I mean, at least Vince got his ass kicked so had a reason to go "You want to screw with me?! Then FUCK YOU!" Stephanie has been untouchable while HHH is still being HHH.

When has HHH shat on anyone this reign? Daniel Bryan played him perfectly to get his WrestleMania matches and ended up beating the hell out of him a few weeks later after HHH failed to eliminate him. He pinned HHH cleanly AND also overcame HHH's chicanery at the main event to end up tapping out HHH's buddies. Roman Reigns speared him into oblivion last week. They ended up succumbing this week to an attack from the entire roster.

Ziggler/Barrett was a really fun match. The bullhammer is a great finisher for Wade. The character has really caught on, too.

The Shield final segment was really good. The one thing that I wish they touched on was how they had those odds in the fall (when doing The Authority's dirty work) and nearly won the match. It would have really added to it. If they took out 3MB or some other scrubs before the end, too, it would have gotten a huge pop. I loved the end segment when Roman just came out of nowhere with the spear on the floor to save his boy while crazy ass Ambrose dove through the ropes onto everyone and started slugging away, followed by Rollins sneaking into the ring and doing the same when he sees he has that little room to do so.

I love that everytime Titus gets ring time he tries to make something happen -- a quick trash talk thing or him rag dolling someone. I think he shows that he really wants to get noticed.

Evolution coming out was a great way to progress the angle. I friggin' love how lame those dudes look compared to The Shield. They're the last remnants of the nu-metal meathead era and The Shield are about to storm that fort.

Evolution coming out was a great way to progress the angle. I friggin' love how lame those dudes look compared to The Shield. They're the last remnants of the nu-metal meathead era and The Shield are about to storm that fort.

I want them to start coming out to Nookie for additional heat.

I thought Ort-Tista were pretty generous with the Usos. Really enjoying the Uso's current run.

Somebody figure out what to do with Zeb and Swagger. That schtick is to over to just let die on the vine.

Evolution's theme music will never not be awesome. Gotta imagine somewheres Mark Jindrak is thinking "damn! That could be me playing Drax the Destroyer..."

Ziggler/Barrett was a really fun match. The bullhammer is a great finisher for Wade. The character has really caught on, too.

The Shield final segment was really good. The one thing that I wish they touched on was how they had those odds in the fall (when doing The Authority's dirty work) and nearly won the match. It would have really added to it. If they took out 3MB or some other scrubs before the end, too, it would have gotten a huge pop. I loved the end segment when Roman just came out of nowhere with the spear on the floor to save his boy while crazy ass Ambrose dove through the ropes onto everyone and started slugging away, followed by Rollins sneaking into the ring and doing the same when he sees he has that little room to do so.

I love that everytime Titus gets ring time he tries to make something happen -- a quick trash talk thing or him rag dolling someone. I think he shows that he really wants to get noticed.

I was thinking about their 11 on 3 match from last year too, I was hoping they would have eliminated a couple guys to build heat but still liked the segment a lot.  Dean Ambrose's cannonball on everyone outside the ring was glorious. And 3MB holding his head while Del Rio sidekicked him was pretty brutal.  Ambrose is the best face in forever.

However, Titus seems like he's trying too hard and becoming reckless IMO

I probably marked out for Motorhead's killer song more than Evolution, but it was an awesome visual with HHH taking off his jacket on the ramp between them and strolling down to beatdown the Shield some more.  Loving this angle already, and love how over they are making the Shield.  They are in the main event, and are clearly positioned as the top ass kickers in the WWE, with the ring being their yard now.  When I hear that SIERRA HOTEL INDIA, it's like the glass is shattering and 3 Stone Cold's are coming down to the ring to fuck somebody up.  If it takes 14 guys to beatdown 3 guys, that's not a burial people. 

I fucking love what HHH has been doing, hes done more to put over the next generation than probably anyone has in the last 15 years and somehow people still see that as same old HHH burying the young guys.  It's hilarious how blind some wrestling "fans" still are.  Vivat Rex!

• Like 2

Yeah - Mercury has been around for a bit now.

He pops up on camera every once in awhile - like he was the guy holding Triple H back when Hunter tried to rush the ring during the Yes Movement segment a little while back

He is also another guy who supposedly is very humble and very open about his past problems (like Regal) so they like having those guys around to help mentor the younger guys.