DVDVR Message Board

March 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

NYCFC set up an MLS watch party at Legends tonight. Yes, the same Legends where the ESC has it's viewing party for the NYRB game tonight. That would be like their parent club holding a watch party in a bar that was home to United supporters. I'm going to laugh when the City feeder club bombs bigger than Hiroshima next year. And I love their hashtag of #sincedayone. We've been here since day one, not these clowns.

I wasn't joking about Hiroshima, I was citing it because its the biggest most devastating bombing in history. Mick Foley used the same exact metaphor in his book (only sub Baghdad for Hiroshima).

Mike going all in on becoming the first Bitter Bull. :P

Seriously though, you'd think they might liaise with their parent club about where the official Blue bar is next time they host one of their shindigs. That or they're trolling RBNY.

This was actually written in a column in the Daily Mail:

United belong in Europe’s elite and it’s almost unfair that because of a change of manager, and a tricky transition, they will be denied Champions League football. It’s equally unfair that the Champions League will be without United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and one of the biggest draws in Europe.

I am incredulous at this.  He actually used the word "unfair".

• Like 1

This was actually written in a column in the Daily Mail:

United belong in Europe’s elite and it’s almost unfair that because of a change of manager, and a tricky transition, they will be denied Champions League football. It’s equally unfair that the Champions League will be without United, one of the biggest clubs in the world, and one of the biggest draws in Europe.

I am incredulous at this.  He actually used the word "unfair".

The best part is the last couple years of United in Europe have been more negative to watch than Jose "he's negative all he does is try to win games he's ruining England" Mourinho. There's been nothing entertaining about United in Europe for a while.

For me their problem is actually their back line. Ferdinand is quite bad at this point, Smalling isn't particularly good either, Vidic is leaving. If they can rebuild it to be better athletically (and with their resources, I expect by next season they'll have that done), the rest of the team instantly improves because the midfield doesn't have to constantly get themselves overly deep to cover up for errors.