DVDVR Message Board

March 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

Dante isn´t as strong as he was last season, still the Bayern Center Backs are strong and pretty fast. It´s kind of hard to talk down the Bayern squad right now, they are really really hard to beat and immensly strong in every position. The biggest weakpoint in any Bundesliga squad are the wingbacks. The whole league might have three good (meaning good in CL competititon) wingbacks, Alaba and Schmelzer (when he is at a 100 %) on the left and Lahm on the right. Bayern has two of those, as soon as one is injured they loose a lot of class, as simple as that.

The biggest weakpoint in any squad in the world are the wingbacks. The whole world might have three good (meaning good in CL competititon) wingbacks.

FTFY

As a follow up, City lite's viewing party drew a total of 5 of their fans. ESC packed the place, so the pecking order is already being set. And they still have no stadium, and MLB has told the pinstriped scum they don't want them using YSv2.0. for soccer. As I've said in the past they are going to end up being an english Chivas USA.

The biggest weakpoint in any squad in the world are the wingbacks. The whole world might have three good (meaning good in CL competititon) wingbacks.

FTFY

Wanted to state that at first, but wasn´t sure because I don´t know enough about some of the European leagues like Ligue 1 or the Icelandic Pepsideild to be sure of that statement. ;D

Yeah Sturridge dove. Good thing that Gerrard couldn't convert that penalty. Obviously acidic shouldn't have been sent off there, but Rafael should have been sent off for the hand ball. So it all evened up in the end.

Well so much for Tottenham this year.

I just have to say though, Spurs fans that already want to cut ties with Erik Lamela are a straight up Phil Rippa-ism: "Sometimes I hate the fans of teams I love". He's had an injury, a tough first season, but calm down. Shit will be good.

I must say, it is with true delight that I reflect upon all the usual pre-season prognostications declaring this to finally be the year that Spurs outshine Arsenal.  105 million pounds spent, seven new players in, and zero goals scored against Arsenal out of three matches played.  Beautiful.

• Like 3