DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

You could say that backwards too I suppose.

Not really.  Red Death users will own a Thorn user head to head if the Thorn user isn't attacking first and and scoring as many crits as possible.  If a Thorn user and an RD user are squaring off at more or less the same time, the RD user will most likely win the gunfight.

RD heals with every kill and also has Unflinching so you will stay on target even as you are being struck by bullets.  Any subsequent hits from the RD user will throw off the Thorn user's aim as the RD guy's stability remains constant.  Thanks to the PR damage buff, Weapon Tuning patch just made RD the deadliest rifle in the game. 

Meanwhile, Thorn users have to work to compensate for the WT patch nerfs that saddled hand cannon users with the initial accuracy penalty and the damage drop-off at extreme mid-range.

If you're using Thorn and you want to beat an RD user, you have to cause enough sudden damage to spook him and make him retreat to recover his shield.. 

Thorn has a shorter time to kill.  Thorn wins. 

Thorn user comes around a blind corner I have already trapped with a Tripmine Grenade.  Thorn loses.

TTK is a dry stat at best.  I am a squishy Hunter so if I ever try to go Head To Head in a gunfight on purpose, I really do deserve to die.

• Like 1

Just sat down to play a few rounds of IB on my lunch break and Gheleon's Demise dropped AGAIN.

And not one Felwenter's Lie all week, which I think is the other drop this time around.

Look on the bright side.  At least you didn't get Timur's Lash.

Timur's Lash has really blah stability and range which has caused it to slip from one of the best legendary HC's to one of the worst thanks to the Weapon Tuning patch.  TL was once one of the most coveted drops in the IB and now it is the WHY GOD WHY~?? consolation gift.

The beast drops from Saladin are Felwinter's Lie, Efrideet's Spear (especially if you reforge it until it has AP Rounds / Final Round), and Gheleon's Demise (now one of the best "soft sniper rifles" in the game. Reforge it until it has Snapshot and Final Round).

Did the first 2 checkpoints of Crota's End hard mode today and scored an Abyss Defiant. My first burn damage primary.

A question about hard mode, now that its unlocked, i take it i don't have to do normal mode first each week to do hard mode?

Yeah, all of the hardcore PvPers are in the IB this evening.  Rippa and I were men among boys in Control matches tonight.   Sadly enough, the majority of the shitty players ended up on our side. 

We were in a match where one of our players was AFK for nearly the entire match and the enemy team coordinated so that they could kill him every time he respawned.  Needless to say this clown made my Avoid List.

I hit level 5 on Iron Banner just before it expired.  I kind of wanted to see if I could.  Having the buff and all the extra Iron Banner emblems and shader certainly helped make it go quicker.  So I picked up the level 5 shader and the chest plate and boots.  I figured since they are level 36, they are probably decent to have around for the next time Iron Banner rolls around.  For this latest Iron Banner, the rewards have been a lot better.  I got three new ships and several IB weapons.  So I want to try and max them out to see if they will help at all for Crucible.

• Like 1

You don't.

Congrats on beating Crota, by the way, and for getting to 32. I pretty much came in here to see if you pulled it off or not.

Thanks. I still want that 2 man kill though! It looks achievable now especially since we know what works and what it takes to bring him down. It's just a case of needing a little more firepower to get his shield down. Or just chipping away and taking 8 swords to kill him.

The first 2 checkpoints on hard mode didn't really seem too bad. The same tactics we used on normal worked fine. The ogre in the lamp maze was the only tricky part. Killed one of us, in the end I put a couple of shots in him to draw him away from the bridge then just sprinted to the finish line. I understand that the Deathsinger works like a chest and there's no need to do it on normal and hard right?

Yeah can only get deathsinger once per week regardless of difficulty.

If you have a ghorn you can solo Crota. It's two ghorn shots to drop his shield and make him kneel. I did it by myself a couple times but my issue was getting swordbearer down quick enough before Crota would rotate. You'll get him eventually with two people.

Your Nightfall / Weekly Strike of the Week is THE SUMMONING PITS~!  Jesus, I did that strike like nine times over the weekend on the Vanguard Roc playlist.

Active skulls for the Nightfall are: Arc Burn, Angry, and Lightswitch.

Active skull for the Weekly is Arc Burn.

Your Nightfall Cheese Spots and Tips (sponsored by Kraft American Singles):

Most of you know this already but here it goes for sake of future prosperity:

- The only shielded enemies in this strike are Knights (Arc) and Wizards (Solar) so plan accordingly. Even with Arc Burn on, a shielded major Wizard can take a good beating before going down.  Pack a Solar weapon for their asses to make things easier on yourself.. 

- During the door hack, most enemies won't venture past the entrance archway leading into the chamber.  Fight from that spot and retreat to that spot if you get into trouble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1pw8jBKedk

- Wizards and Acolytes / Knights armed with Boomers will do Arc Damage to you.  Cursed Thrall explosions also do Arc Damage.  These attacks are very damaging to say the least thanks to Arc Burn.

- Arc Burn AND Lightswitch both being up means that Thralls are extremely fucking deadly because their melee attack Arc Damage.

- You don't have to fight everything but it is probably safer to murder every Hive you see so that you don't get flanked or swarmed.

- As per the 6:00ish minute mark of the video below, the usual spot to kill Phoggoth with bug bites is to shoot at him from the safety of the hallway leading into the Pits.  Be patient, take care of the adds and you should be able to give the ogre the death by 1000 cuts treatment.

I'm going to be in Florida from Wednesday until Saturday, so I am probably going to be offline for most of the week..   I'm headed up to Maryland tonight and then my girlfriend and I are flying down to Panama City Beach on Wednesday morning to visit her son.  On Friday, we're all headed to Orlando to attend the baby shower for her nephew and his wife.

I'll be back in Maryland on Saturday night and will be headed back to the 804 sometime Sunday evening.

If I am able to get online tonight, I am up for making an attempt at the Nightfall and the Weekly.  I can always use the extra faction rank and Strange Coins.

If even look at a video game while I am in Florida, I will be an ex-husband before I am even married.

• Like 1

I'm going to be in Florida from Wednesday until Saturday, so I am probably going to be offline for most of the week..   I'm headed up to Maryland tonight and then my girlfriend and I are flying down to Panama City Beach on Wednesday morning to visit her son.  On Friday, we're all headed to Orlando to attend the baby shower for her nephew and his wife.

I'll be back in Maryland on Saturday night and will be headed back to the 804 sometime Sunday evening.

If I am able to get online tonight, I am up for making an attempt at the Nightfall and the Weekly.  I can always use the extra faction rank and Strange Coins.

If even look at a video game while I am in Florida, I will be an ex-husband before I am even married.

I like that you are landing in PCB long enough to see and avoid the Spring Break black hole.

I am about an 80 mile drive from there.

Yeah can only get deathsinger once per week regardless of difficulty.

If you have a ghorn you can solo Crota. It's two ghorn shots to drop his shield and make him kneel. I did it by myself a couple times but my issue was getting swordbearer down quick enough before Crota would rotate. You'll get him eventually with two people.

Yeah, we got him down to around 2/3 health with 2 of us. The lack of a decent rocket launcher is the problem. We double team the swordbearer, get into position, drop the sword and both attack the shield. Once one of us gets a ghorn, or something equally powerful, one can work the shield and the other attack with the sword. That's the plan anyway.

I've seen people drop him with machine guns before, I've got a decent one now so I might try that approach.

• Like 1

- The only shielded enemies in this strike are Knights (Arc) and Wizards (Solar) so plan accordingly. Even with Arc Burn on, a shielded major Wizard can take a good beating before going down.  Pack a Solar weapon for their asses to make things easier on yourself..

You don't want to do this.  Use a weapon with the applied burn.  It does 300% more damage than a non elemental burn weapon and will still do 150% more damage to a different elemental shield that a weapon with the correct element will do.  Just stick with arc weapons because they will do the most damage regardless of shield type.  

Also for this strike if you decide to stay back just shy of the shrieker room and have the stock Vanguard LDR sniper rifle, it has AP rounds and you can just shoot Phogoth through the wall.  

I know what you are saying in regards to the burn weapon each week but I can say from experience that fully upgraded Icebreaker takes out the Wizards quicker than a non-Solar Burn of the Week

Nope. It absolutely does not. You obviously can't compare a primary and secondary.

Just to clarify, I just checked this myself on the Weekly Heroic.  The first room that has the lone yellow level 30 witch.  I killed all the other enemies and left just the witch.  With the LDR arc sniper maxed at 331 it was three shots.  First shot dropped the shield and did a slight amount of health damage on top of the shield drop and scored 4114.  The following shot did 9450 and left just a sliver of health and the third shot killed the witch and registered the same 9450 but she could have been killed with a green pistol at that point.  So three shots.

Backed out and went back in with a maxed out Icebreaker.  Did the same thing, killed all other enemies first and left the witch.  First shot did not deplete the shield and it's hard to read because the number is in orange the same as the shield but it looks like 2930 or 2960.  Second shot dropped the shield and did slight damage to her health, looked like the same 2930 number.  The following three shots registered 3310 and she dropped after the third.  So five shots and all were headshots, same as with the LDR.  

You do 150% more damage to a shield with the selected element than you do using the same element as the shield.  

Back to shitty-ass regular Crucible. Damnit.

Bungie would have a hard time making the case to me why Iron Banner isn't an all-the-time thing. Sure, you couldn't/wouldn't do the IB bounties and rewards year-round, but it should at least be an option every damn day.

Back to shitty-ass regular Crucible. Damnit.

Bungie would have a hard time making the case to me why Iron Banner isn't an all-the-time thing. Sure, you couldn't/wouldn't do the IB bounties and rewards year-round, but it should at least be an option every damn day.

I agree love me some Iron Banner.  Better loot than shitty-ass regular Crucible.

The beast drops from Saladin are Felwinter's Lie, Efrideet's Spear (especially if you reforge it until it has AP Rounds / Final Round), and Gheleon's Demise (now one of the best "soft sniper rifles" in the game. Reforge it until it has Snapshot and Final Round).

Just saw this.  This is pretty much the worst idea of wasting motes of light ever.  Final round is useless in a scout rifle.  It's only moderately useful in a sniper that holds a low amount of rounds and that's only if you're one of these idiots in crucible that spawns and empties out their mag until they get to the final round.  For a scout rifle, good luck spawning and then shooting off 16 rounds into the dirt every time you spawn.  That would get old really fast.  And I can't imagine ever wanting snapshot over something like outlaw or even send-it. 

Mission accomplished.

3 days and 23 hours after we dropped Crota for the first time, with the much appreciated help of some randoms, we 2 manned the raid from the lamp maze to the big green bastard himself. Took about an hour of trial and error to get the timing right. Looked like we had it done earlier but for some reason the ogres and sword didn't spawn so we had to wipe. Once we got the timing of the kneel down, with a random legendary machine gun and an ice breaker, he was done.

As a nice 'fuck you' from the RNG my friend got the same gun he got from Crota on Sunday and i got 3 shards. I'm not even mad, just happy we did it. Just need to get it consistently now.

• Like 2

Reading the Weekly Update - the big news is that with the next update (which will be out in a couple of weeks)

They are increasing the size of the vault

It will go to 

24 Armor

36 Weapons

24 General

Basically they said they wanted to keep it within the current memory constraints of the game, so this was the biggest they could do. So basically use last-gen players are boning the rest of you. Suckers.

They said that the 36 weapon spots will be enough to hold every single exotic weapon through House of Wolves (since House of Wolves will introduce new exotics)

• Like 1