DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

You're on an island and all you know is what you currently play. I had both systems last gen and played mainly PvP on both. You are who you are. If you suck at PvP you're going to suck on PS and MS. If you're good then your good. You're living in the past. This isn't the original Xbox days or the early days of 360. Time to move on.

You're on an island and all you know is what you currently play. I had both systems last gen and played mainly PvP on both. You are who you are. If you suck at PvP you're going to suck on PS and MS. If you're good then your good. You're living in the past. This isn't the original Xbox days or the early days of 360. Time to move on.

We're discussing the present and you're spouting off like this is personal.  You don't work for Sony so you can take off the mantle.   It is easy to find teams of PSN PvPers on Destiny that are a bunch of potatoes, man, and the difference in ability between the good players and bad ones is like night and day.   It is the joke of the internets.

Oh, is that a Hawkmoon I spy?  This must be PvP on PSN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u97aQAUoqIA

Lololol. Dude, you're saying all of this stuff as if I haven't seen everything you've posted about this game since this thread has been going.

Also, what's with the videos? Is posting videos of top 100 ranked players making some kind of point in your mind?

Lololol. Dude, you're saying all of this stuff as if I haven't seen everything you've posted about this game since this thread has been going.

Hey, I am not playing Destiny PvP on the console where dudes just line up in order so that you can shoot them all in the head with one bullet.

I'm always afraid I'm going to see my name pop up on the business end of one of these "Look how awesome I am" videos.

Yeah.  I like PvP better when I am one of the top 3 killers and am on a five match win streak.  Losing two or three in a row is frustrating.

I wish I had made a vid of my epic turret run that led to my Mark of the Unbroken.

As I've said before, there are only 2 of us who play regularly. So, the quest to 2 man Crota continues. First we couldn't get through the Lamp maze but we eventually cracked it. Then came the Ogre bridge, once we got the jump down to cheese it, it became pretty easy if a little risky. The Deathsinger wasn't too bad, after a week of trying we can finally drop her consistently. Crota seemed impossible for 2 people with no decent rocket launchers between them. We dropped him to a knee twice tonight, got his health maybe 20% down. I feel, with a little planning and a lot of luck, this is achievable...

If Bungie is serious about fixing the Raid glitches, here is what they need to fix for Crota's End:

- Crota's regenerating energy shield: sometimes Crota's shield will automatically, instantly regenerate when my Raid team brings it down and Crota should be kneeling from the damage. 

- Crota detecting cloaked hunters and attacking them when he shouldn't be able to see them

- Disappearing sword.  Sometimes the sword will disappear right after it's picked up right after we destroy the Swordbearer Hive Knight

As I've said before, there are only 2 of us who play regularly. So, the quest to 2 man Crota continues. First we couldn't get through the Lamp maze but we eventually cracked it. Then came the Ogre bridge, once we got the jump down to cheese it, it became pretty easy if a little risky. The Deathsinger wasn't too bad, after a week of trying we can finally drop her consistently. Crota seemed impossible for 2 people with no decent rocket launchers between them. We dropped him to a knee twice tonight, got his health maybe 20% down. I feel, with a little planning and a lot of luck, this is achievable...

I'm curious - it seems you want to finish the raid, and have been trying to for a while now. What's your reasoning behind not using one of those team finder websites or apps? I gave the Gamefaqs LFG a shot when Crota was still new, and would set up raids in 5-10 minutes no problem.

I was against teaming with randoms at first because I didn't want to talk to strangers and potentially deal with rude kids or general dummies, but I hardly ever had a problem. Yes, it's more fun when I raid with my 5 actual friends, but I liked my experiences using LFG, and I learned a lot from various random raid team mates. 

Kudos to you if you can do the whole thing with a two man fireteam, but you should give a Looking For Group a shot at least once. With a good team, you'll be finished in 40 minutes.  

I've been trying to solo it and had a hard time. Lamps and bridge were easy, had a hard time with Deathsinger because of a lack of rockets in the allotted time.

I somehow got a Crota checkpoint and had some success but didn't put in the time. The key on that was getting the swordbearer down quickly and getting to crota before he'd move. I was able to down him a couple times and get some damage on him though.

Stubbornness I guess. At first we were just doing it to farm the lamp maze checkpoint. But getting anything other than gauntlets from there seems to be a very low percentage. So we kept pushing, and getting further and wanting more. Couple of times we've got stuck and thought about hitting up a group just to get it over with. But then we'll find a way and move on to the next problem. Just one problem left now, Crota himself, but it seems doable. Kind of want to go all the way now we've got this far. Thing is with all the practice on the first 3 checkpoints now it only takes about 20mins a character to get to Crota.

Good luck. Hope you pull it off. Haven't raided in weeks, but the last time I did, it was with a 4 man team and it was pretty easy.

I logged in once this week, I think. To do a couple of bounties and buy Red Death. Most of my focus has been on Far Cry 4, and I figure I'll be playing Bloodborne for a couple of months starting next week. But I'll be ready when the new expansion comes out.

Was doing a little crucible to finish off a Bad Juju EWB and got No Land Beyond lol.  I was doing pretty bad too since I'm playing on the DLC maps and I haven't played them yet. But I don't know how to evaluate my skills anymore anyway.  I'm not sure if I was doing really bad because the other players were good or if they automatically suck because they're on PSN and I suck even more than normal.  I'm lost now.  

Was doing a little crucible to finish off a Bad Juju EWB and got No Land Beyond lol.  I was doing pretty bad too since I'm playing on the DLC maps and I haven't played them yet. But I don't know how to evaluate my skills anymore anyway.  I'm not sure if I was doing really bad because the other players were good or if they automatically suck because they're on PSN and I suck even more than normal.  I'm lost now.  

I hate to say I told you so, but..

You can shake off some of the badness with map familiarity.   I was really bad on Burning Shrine until I learned where teams liked to gather and ambush.  Play Control matches since they have a longer time duration. 

When you are not getting shot at, flip up your ghost and check the score of the match.  Find out who the top killer is on your team (it may be you!), follow that guy and do what the does.  Your PvP will get better in no time.

Nightfall is Omnigul with Arc Burn, Angry, and Lightswitch.   A tall order but the boss fight and the first encounter have a couple of cheese spots so it is doable.  There were players that had already gotten their aura when I logged on around 5:30 EST this morning.

I will be up in Maryland tonight but I will be down for a Nightfall attempt if any 360 crew is on and wants to brave the waters.

I was just trying to get the bounty done so I switched to the standard playlist and didn't have any issues. You're getting a little deep with it. You win some you lose some, it's no different than other PvP IMO. Most games were around a 1 k/d, a couple above 2, and a couple less than .8. Pretty typical. There are more players on PS4 though so that may be why there aren't the same matchmaking issues as you see.

Feilwinters Lie is the shit though. Most games that I did well I used it as my primary lol.

I read a newer spread sheet yesterday on crucible weapon stats based on results after the last patch. It pretty much has the exotic handcannons, Vex, and Red Death among the top weapon choices in regards to shortest time to kill.

I was just trying to get the bounty done so I switched to the standard playlist and didn't have any issues.

So which story is it, man?  Did you do as badly as you say or are you embellishing because consistently holding close to, at, or over a 1.0 K/D isn't horrible.

Man I got my ass kicked trying to Iron Banner this morning.

Seemed like every team I got onto was a disorganized messed and every opponent was a well organized machine just laying waste to everything.  Must remember to avoid 5am first day Iron Banner play.

Just about my only highlight was my team being down something absurd like 19,000 to 2,000 and I catch 5 of the other team being dicks and trying to capture a 3rd zone with my Super and take them all out.  

My nephew, who is in his mid 20s, friended me on PSN and shoots me a text message saying, "Aww man, you like Destiny?"

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to come back to this game.

I was just trying to get the bounty done so I switched to the standard playlist and didn't have any issues.

So which story is it, man? Did you do as badly as you say or are you embellishing because consistently holding close to, at, or over a 1.0 K/D isn't horrible.

I was just poking at you with the comment. Started out shitty- .6 or so for a couple games, switched to standard playlist and played pretty well for the most part between 1-1.4 most games with an outlier of 3.0 one game where I decided to just snipe. I generally stay around 1 with the Titan. Hunter is slightly higher for the most part. Haven't pvpd with the Warlock.

Seemed like every team I got onto was a disorganized messed and every opponent was a well organized machine just laying waste to everything. Must remember to avoid 5am first day Iron Banner play.

Just about my only highlight was my team being down something absurd like 19,000 to 2,000 and I catch 5 of the other team being dicks and trying to capture a 3rd zone with my Super and take them all out.

Iron Banner first day and last two days can get pretty hairy for sure.

Seemed like every team I got onto was a disorganized messed and every opponent was a well organized machine just laying waste to everything.  Must remember to avoid 5am first day Iron Banner play.

Oh, Holy Shit do not play Crucible first thing in the morning. 

That is peak time for Europe so you will end up in some room hosted by the UK or Germany or Russia and those guys take their PvP very seriously.   You will always run up against full six fireteams who have their shit together and it won't be pretty.

One of my finest moments in the Crucible was rolling with Mis's crew on the new Blind Watch map when everyone wasn't quite hip to the whole B&C = Victory formula and we smashed a team of German players right in the teeth.  I got reported for hacking and my Unsporting% went up three percent.  That is how you know you had a good match.

I was just poking at you with the comment. Started out shitty- .6 or so for a couple games, switched to standard playlist and played pretty well for the most part between 1-1.4 most games with an outlier of 3.0 one game where I decided to just snipe. I generally stay around 1 with the Titan. Hunter is slightly higher for the most part. Haven't pvpd with the Warlock.

Get some more map familiarity with the new shit and you will be fine.  

If you are on the Burning Shrine, your team will want to hold Flag C and contest / hold Flag B.   Assholes love to snipe you when you try to capture A because the sun is in your eyes as you exit the Shrine.  If you are already inside the Shrine, do not go outside if you can help it.

Asylum is a crap shoot because the flags are well spaced but there is one chokepoint on the map.  There is a corridor leading up from Flag C to the balcony where Flag B is.  Snipers will set up near B and aim at players coming up those steps.  If they have AP Rounds, they will nail you and anyone standing behind you and Gunslingers like me will set mines ABOVE the exit so that you will aslplode as you rush out. If you are going to hit Flag B, approach from the stairs directly below and crouch walk when you do.

Anomaly is also a crap shoot.   B is the contested flag and battles will be raging in or near that zone.  People sometimes focus so much on the fighting at B that you can make an end run and capture A or C before defenders can stop you,

I liked the maps. Will go back with a fireteam sometime.

I HATED The Burning Shrine until I figured out how teams pull off wins there.  Now it doesn't bother me that much so long as my team's grasp doesn't extend past its reach.

I love and hate Asylum and Anomaly because it is not a two flag victory map like Blind Watch, Shores of Time, or Firebase Delphi.  If your team gets a win in Control on Asylum or Anomaly, you helped earn it even if you were the shitty guy on the team.

My nephew, who is in his mid 20s, friended me on PSN and shoots me a text message saying, "Aww man, you like Destiny?"

I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to come back to this game.

Well, The Show is about to come out so I might be in the same boat.