DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I had this problem yesterday playing Borderlands. Too used to Destiny controls.

I will prob get the Telltale Game of Thrones game (part one anyway) so i will prob only do daily maintenance on Destiny for a couple days.

Plus, back on night shift presumably until holiday shutdown.

Plus, back on night shift presumably until holiday shutdown.

I will be on day shift seven days a week from the 2nd to the 13th. 

I think my Winter Vacation starts on the 22nd and I won't be back to work until January 5th.

I think my Winter Vacation starts on the 22nd and I won't be back to work until January 5th.

That is the same as my winter vacation.

Of course - I am off visiting family for the first week of that.

And I know I will have Dragon Age by the time I get back.

Basically Christmas is always were the games I were playing go to die (see Skyrim and Arkham Origins and multiple Assassin Creeds). So yeah - things won't look good for Destiny then...

That is the same as my winter vacation.

Of course - I am off visiting family for the first week of that.

And I know I will have Dragon Age by the time I get back.

Basically Christmas is always were the games I were playing go to die (see Skyrim and Arkham Origins and multiple Assassin Creeds). So yeah - things won't look good for Destiny then...

I would still like to do the VoG on Hard and with a full six-man fireteam of DVDR guys.   You, me, Mis, Damian, and Inline would make four and we could probably recruit a couple people to to the fold or get some regular raiders that we know to wear the DVDR clan tag for the raid.

I know that we won't make it through the VoG with no one in the fireteam getting killed. so I am resigned not to get that achievement until sometime down the road if ever.

I would still like to do the VoG on Hard and with a full six-man fireteam of DVDR guys.   You, me, Mis, Damian, and Inline would make four and we could probably recruit a couple people to to the fold or get some regular raiders that we know to wear the DVDR clan tag for the raid.

That makes five :-)

• Like 1

That makes five :-)

I am trying to work on this damned milSuite page and am also trying to draft this letter to my realtor saying that my girlfriend and I will probably have to forfeit on the contract for the townhouse.

Math skills are suffering for it.  :)

The patch notes from the News forum:

Weapons

Exotics

Exotic Weapons are designed to look, feel, and sound overpowered. At the same time, they are not supposed to break the balance of the game. We hope these weapons challenge the way players think about their loadouts. Exotics will be a constant work in-progress!

General

•             In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
  •             The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard
  •             Exotic Shards can be obtained by one of the following means:
  1.                 Dismantling unwanted Exotics
  2.                 Purchased from Xur for 7 Strange Coins
  •             Exotics now start at a higher base Attack value and have a narrowed upgrade range to compensate

Thorn

•             Projectiles now briefly highlight targets on impact
  •             Mark of the Devourer DoT (damage-over-time) upgrade increased against PvE enemy targets
  •             Reload Speed increased
  •             Magazine Size increased
  •             Ammo inventory size increased
  •             Stability and Weapon Handling increased

Bad Juju

•             Magazine Size increased to 8 bursts (was 5)
  •             Ammo inventory size increased
  •             String of Curses now also decreases the cooldown of your Super on kill
  •             Adjusted effects to not block first person reticle

Hard Light

•             Stability increased
  •             Perfect Balance upgrade replaced by Fitted Stock (increases maximum possible weapon Stability)

Suros Regime

•             Lowered total damage at the end of the mag on SUROS Regime upgrade to be more in line with the Glass Half Full perk on Legendary Auto Rifles

Monte Carlo

•             Stability increased
  •             Range slightly decreased
  •             Monte Carlo Method upgrade now also has a chance to fully charge melee ability on kill

MIDA Multi-Tool

•             MIDA rounds now have increased knockback against targets in both PvE and PvP

Hawkmoon

•             Send It upgrade (which was redundant) replaced by Speed Reload

Red Death

•             Rate of Fire increased slightly, but Burst Damage reduced to compensate

Plan C

•             Weapon Handling speed increased
  •             Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand

Pocket Infinity

•             Speed Reload upgrade replaced by Extended Clip which allows the option to increase magazine size (5 bursts)

Vex Mythoclast

•             Attack Power increased to 323 (from 300)
  •             Base Damage increased, fixing bug we introduced in previous patch
  •             Enhanced Battery upgrade by Extended Mag (this change still allows for a significant upgrade to Magazine Size, but less than before)

Invective

•             Reload Speed increased significantly, auto fires slightly slower

Ice Breaker

•             Send It upgrade replaced by Lightweight (which was redundant as Icebreaker already had maximum range)
  •             New effects for enemies killed by Ice Breaker upgrade

Patience and Time

•             Snapshot upgrade replaced by Custom Optics (provides a lower zoom option)

Super Good Advice

•             Stability increased

Truth

•             Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

Activities

Raid

•         Fixed an issue we introduced in a previous patch, in which Atheon did not correctly send 3 players through the time gates
  •         Fixed an exploit where the Templar could be forced off its platform

Daily Heroic Story

•         Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Heroic

Bounties

•         Removed the ‘Relic Hunter’ Bounty
  •         Destination Materials now drop from completing the Daily Patrol Bounty

Vendors

•     Reduced Cryptarch reputation gain from Engrams, but reputation reward packages now have an increased chance for Legendary Engrams
  •     Players will now be able to use Vanguard Marks and Crucible Marks to purchase Spinmetal, Relic Iron, Spirit Bloom, and Helium Filaments from the Vanguard and Crucible Quartermasters in the Tower
  •     Xur now sells a new material, Exotic Shards, to upgrade the final node of Exotics for 7 Strange Coins
  •     Faction Class Items (ex: FWC Cloak, Dead Orbit Mark, etc.) are now replaced by Faction Emblems in the rank-up reward packages from Faction Vendors

Technical:

•     Networking fixes, which should reduce the instance of the Bee family of KTOs
  •     Fixed an issue in which using Xbox One party chat induced a slower frame rate

Someone does not like the Templar to be cheesed nor do they particularly care for Super Good Advice serving as Ascendant Energy fodder.

I don't think it is wise to let players buy raw materials.  There are precious few time fillers for this game as it stands right now. 

I wonder how long it will take them to figure out that people will just spend Vanguard Marks to improve their Crucible rank by burning VM's on raw materiels and turning the materials into the Crucible Quartermaster?

Removing the Relic Hunter bounty is also dumb because it is the only incentive people have to suffer through Salvage matches. Devs should just hold the bounty out of queue until Salvage is the weekend event.

Changing how exotics are full upgrading is annoying as shit too me.

Especially if I discover that my fully upgraded exotics are no longer fully upgraded

I have three fully ascended exotics in my Hunter's load out.   If they are fucked when I log on this afternoon, I am going to be pissed off, especially since the new procedure will have me waiting until Friday for Xur to show up so I can buy his stupid super-shards.

If my weapons are not fully upgraded - Bad Juju is immediately getting broken down.

And then I will probably stop playing the game

I will finish the Thorn EWB before I call it quits.

I am stubborn.

After that, you, me, Don, Stout, and RUkered will go on some suicide missions for Madrazzo until Robert gets out of juvie.

Doesn't look like my ascended exotics were monkeyed with stat wise, but Last Word is hip holstered now instead of backslung.

And Jesus.  I got dropped mid-way into a Control match and ended up with zero captures, 27 kills and 6 deaths.  Finished first on my team with the most points out of anyone.  Thorn EWB is now at 183 / 500. 

It would've been my best performance ever if I had broken 5500 points or gotten more than 15 kills without dying.  Oh, well.

I am almost afraid to go into another match, but I have three more to compete in before completing this Crucible bounty.

I got two Friend requests from teammates and four nasty PM's saying nasty things about my parents.  If only my teammates knew that performance was not the norm for me.

• Like 1

Fucking Bungie. MAKE THE GAME MORE FUN, YOU FUCKS. Instead, now you get to grind for a new kind of bullshit. The last thing I expected was them fucking around with Exotics and making a completely new kind of shard that you can from dismantling kinda hard to come by exotics or Xur using a currency that is completely fucking random. More random than Ascendant mats. What. The. FUCK.

As for using marks to buy that other bullshit, who cares? Farming for that shit isn't fun, it's time consuming, and there's a cap on how many marks you can earn in a week anyway.

I'm astounded at how Bungie repeatedly keeps fucking this up, but by all means, please prevent more cheesing from happening.

This is probably the first patch where I am in 100% agreement with all of the changes. Looks great. Exotics should be different and I fucking hate cheesing. The Templar battle was one of the most fun things in the raid. Glad to get back to it. And so glad about the exchange rate for materials. Farming gets old that's for sure.

No one forces you to cheese the Templar, though. If you don't want to, then don't. I'm baffled as to why they spend their time on shit like that, as opposed to making the game a more fun experience. Maybe add new bounties or different shit to do while on patrols.

Of course not but when you have a group of six people and cheesing him gives you an additional chest...

They spend time on that because it's an unintended exploit. It's something broken in the game. It's fixed now and people have to actually learn to play that phase of the game. I think it's awesome. Just like cheesing Atheon. That shit was lame as fuck. I don't know how many people were running around as level 30s with raid helmets and Mythoclasts but no clue how to beat Atheon.

I'm surprised it took them this long to patch the Templar tbh.

It doesn't bother me much, but the exploit itself wasn't that easy. It still requires a strategy that can end in your death. I've definitely taken advantage of it many times, but it was more based on a group decision. Are you really gonna argue when 4 or 5 other guys are saying "yo let's just cheese this part"? I might say "nah, let's do it the right way" but I'm certainly not going to press the issue. By the time you even get to that part, the experience is already pretty nerve wracking.  

I never succeeded in doing the Atheon exploit (we only tried it once I think), but that's another exploit that wasn't as easy as people made it out to be. Or maybe we were just doing it wrong. But beating Atheon (the regular way) is one of the best feelings in the game, so I'm glad my first experience with defeating him wasn't the cheap way.

• Like 1

The reward for cheesing him isn't even worth it. Whoop de doo, 2 spirit blooms. For us it was a time saver because we knew Atheon would be a huge pain in the butt.

Yeah, true. It's hilarious that that's all you get.

I'm also assuming there are those who have done the raid the "proper" way but after doing it so many times and not getting great drops, they just use the exploit to save time.