DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Figured that I had leveled up a bit and no one else was on, so I went ahead and tried the Daily Heroic and oh boy was that a mistake.  My poor controller is feeling the brunt of my rage right now.  Made it to the Black Garden to the point where the three statues come to life that you have to kill (at least I assume all three.  I never made it past the first two).

Anyway... about an hour later of running the fuck around for my life I finally just quit out of pure frustration (I was doing pretty well until I pretty much ran out of all ammo and then I was screwed).  

I'll have to try it again later.  My girlfriend is away on business to Atlanta until Friday, so I assume I'll be staying up way too late playing this all week long and hopefully getting myself leveled up to the point where I won't be so useless on these Strikes.

Figured that I had leveled up a bit and no one else was on, so I went ahead and tried the Daily Heroic and oh boy was that a mistake.  My poor controller is feeling the brunt of my rage right now.  Made it to the Black Garden to the point where the three statues come to life that you have to kill (at least I assume all three.  I never made it past the first two).

Depending on which skulls are turned on (an old Bungie saying from Halo) the Daily Mission can either be a cakewalk or an exercise in frustration.

I particularly hate Lightswitch, Void Burn, Arc Burn, and Solar Burn because it suddenly gives enemies the power to one-shot you.

Angry and Juggler are easy enough to compensate for by using run and gun tactics and having a few Ammo Synthesis items handy. 

Epic is also not very problematic if you have alternate load-outs that give you access to all damage types.

So, who has done barrel rolls with their new Sparrow, the EV-30 Tumbler?  It is Legendary but it has the same durability score as a Rare Sparrow.

I am fairly certain you are the only person who cares this much about their Sparrow

Also, it has just dawned on me that my previous Iron Banner rank was not preserved as was promised in earlier release notes.

Between that and the Boar issue, today is turning out to be a PR nightmare for poor, stupid Bungie.

So, who has done barrel rolls with their new Sparrow, the EV-30 Tumbler?  It is Legendary but it has the same durability score as a Rare Sparrow.

I am fairly certain you are the only person who cares this much about their Sparrow

I have seen tons of players lately zipping by in Sparrows with green or purple exhaust trails, so clearly you are incorrect.

Depending on which skulls are turned on (an old Bungie saying from Halo) the Daily Mission can either be a cakewalk or an exercise in frustration.

I particularly hate Lightswitch, Void Burn, Arc Burn, and Solar Burn because it suddenly gives enemies the power to one-shot you.

Angry and Juggler are easy enough to compensate for by using run and gun tactics and having a few Ammo Synthesis items handy. 

Epic is also not very problematic if you have alternate load-outs that give you access to all damage types.

I believe it was Epic and Juggler.

I am prob buying a sparrow when i get enough marks, since my weapons are not better than anthing offered by the vanguard quartermaster.

If you finish the first Mars story mission or track down the last of the five Gold Chests on earth, you will get a Sparrow upgrade.

You have a Legendary Sparrow right there now in your mailbox and can buy all of your alts a new ride for One Glimmer per item if you talk to the Special Orders clerk

I believe it was Epic and Juggler.

Oh, man.  I had no issues with the last story mission when I was 28 and played it on 25 or so.

The only thing you need to do is make sure to switch weapons every so often so that enemies drop the ammo you need for the gun that is running low.

As far as the boss goes, the Vex that the Darkness bring to life do not stray too far from where they spawn, so all you need to do is run back and forth around the rear of all of that cover and shoot the mega Vex in the belly.

Kill the adds as they spawn so that they cannot flank you.

You would have a much tougher time if the skull was Void Burn.  Almost all of the Vex's weapons cause Void Damage.

I am not looking forward to getting through the Nighfall strike version of Devil's Lair since Lightswitch and Arc Damage are active.

I am realizing more and more that I am going to have to keep this Legendary Shotgun I got yesterday since it does Arc Damage and there are FAR too many things now that Bungie loves throwing Arc Burn on

• Like 1

I am realizing more and more that I am going to have to keep this Legendary Shotgun I got yesterday since it does Arc Damage and there are FAR too many things now that Bungie loves throwing Arc Burn on

I keep Void weapons handy for when they turn Void Damage on for any Vex related scenario.

I am getting really fucking tired of the quitters in Iron Banner

I have played one competitive match so far because all the other ones i keep getting dropped in the middle of and the team I am put on is down 10K

I am about to hit the cap on those Iron Banner medals you get for losing a match.

OH!

They totally changed the location of zones in Blind Watch

A is now down behind the silos.

B is now in the middle of the stairs

C is now in the corner of what used to be a spawn point

They also boarded up the windows so you can't snipe down from them anymore

I beat the raid on hard mode finally. Got boots again and a bunch of shards and energies. I did get the vision of confluence from atheon though so that was cool. I just needed the gauntlets or helmet to hit 30 though and didn't get either. There's always next week.

• Like 1

I got

13 Shards

3 Energies

The Chatterwhite shader

Atheon's Epilogue

Praedyth's Revenge

Unwilling Soul-09

Plan C

So yeah... I got weapons for days. I just need fucking two trillion energies to upgrade them.

For not doing it before I didn't feel totally worthless. Though the only time I felt like I contributed was one someone dropped the relic and I was able to grab it at the last second.

Of course - that lead to me going "I don't know what to do with it" and the universal answer was "DON'T DIE"

I was like "well I can do THAT" and then I just ran around like a loon

• Like 1

I finally got a raid piece last night and Atheon's Epilogue. And another fucking Chatterwhite. It was a much better run. Seems like more loot dropped. Cleared the Nightfall and the Weekly in less than 45 minutes too. I love that arc burn is turned on and then you get to Sepiks and he does void damage. Essentially, Vandals hit harder than Sepiks.

I got Ascendant Energy & Shards and the Chatterwhite shader.  Not really bummed about it since I have a lot of weapons to upgrade and the shards will go towards upgrading my Titan alts armor. 

My new shader may not be very tactical, but goes well with my white skull face paint and my grey/white Rare Sparrow.   Silver Linings..

Who am I kidding?  Yeah, I am kinda pissed that I didn't get any armor or weapons.  I could've at least gotten the fucking jumpship.

The overall experience in the VoG was okay, but our party was filled with guys who have obviously led raids before, so I got a little frustrated.  I only need one guy telling me what to do and where to be.  We needed fewer chiefs and more braves.  If I have learned one thing from these many years of service to the DoD, it is that wise people know when to step up and lead and when to allow themselves to be led..

To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the scenario itself.  I have beta tested EverQuest, WoW, SWG and a metric shit ton of MMO's and I have to say that I absolutely hate the hardcore nature of endgame raiding.  It is that toxic stew of micromangement and process refinement that murders fun and adds the humor to the infamous Leeroy Jenkins video on the Youtubes.

I have been that Type A gamer who has blown nearly an entire weekend running dragon raids and precision strikes until I re-discovered the joys of sunlight, Krav Maga, grilled steaks, IPA's, and women..  I gravitated to console gaming because most of the PC games I was interested in were deathly serious MMO's and I needed a change and now it feels like I am once again rushing to embrace the think I thought I evaded a long time ago.

I applaud Bungie for trying to be cerebral and making us use our heads by giving us a big puzzle to solve, but dammit you are Bungie; the company that gave us Halo. 

The Guardians are in the middle of an interplanetary war and instead of taking cues from the wonderful Firefight mode from games like  Halo: Reach and giving us the big ass battle we deserve (We sure didn't get it on Mars), we got an overstuffed game of Sudoku that tests patience instead of resolve.

The next Destiny raid needs shit that feels less like this

and more of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn84-U_6jE8

OH!

They totally changed the location of zones in Blind Watch

A is now down behind the silos.

B is now in the middle of the stairs

C is now in the corner of what used to be a spawn point

They also boarded up the windows so you can't snipe down from them anymore

Boarding up the sniper window is total bullshit.  Getting popped by a guy from that window is the price players pay for trying to take C by themselves in a Control match..

It's not like that spot offers total tactical advantage.  Your ass is hanging out in the back from the rear entrance and you can get flanked from the sides via the alley near B.  You can also get countersniped from the roof near the steps leading down to B.

So far, I am 1 and 1 in the Iron Banner Tourney.  We pulled some COD shenanigans in our win on Blind Watch.  We captured until we were about 1500 points ahead and then fell back to A and forced the other players to come to us. 

I held down the left flank with another player while Mis, Damian and the rest of the team wrecked shop.  Mis had 29 Ks so that tops the Leaderboard now for Total Kills for the 360 Crew.

I only had 8 Ks but I had a ton of assists and knew my role was to murder the crap out of the other team and not hand the other team 100 points by getting myself shot.

Bungie's webserver is slow as hell.  None of my exploits for the past two days have factored into my stats.

I got my Vanguarding done this morning on my Hunter so I am up for Iron Banner or whatever tonight.  I still have Pocket Infinity outstanding so if two souls want to brave the Nightfall strike, that would be great.  I should be on around 5 or 6 PM EST.

If I manage to get on early and no one is around, I will do some Vanguard bounty hunting with my Titan and get some Marks together to get him kitted out in Legendary Armor..

• Like 1

I have played one Iron Banner match from start to finish. That was probably the best Crucible match I have had been in since the lead changed hands dozens of times - everyone stayed from start to finish. I think everyone had at least a .9 K/D. We lost by 100 points.

I have yet to win in Iron Banner this go around. I keep getting dropped in when the team I am put on is down by at least 5000 points.

At least - since I have been completing Iron Banner bounties - I got to Rank 2

I have played one Iron Banner match from start to finish. That was probably the best Crucible match I have had been in since the lead changed hands dozens of times - everyone stayed from start to finish. I think everyone had at least a .9 K/D. We lost by 100 points.

I have yet to win in Iron Banner this go around. I keep getting dropped in when the team I am put on is down by at least 5000 points.

At least - since I have been completing Iron Banner bounties - I got to Rank 2

Yeah, I will try to hit the tourney tonight,  I have three Crucible bounties and one IB bounty that need finishing.

I will be lucky if I make it to Rank 2.  Lord Saladin loves having bounty stips that are machine gun related.  Where the fuck is the Iron Banner version of the Murder Dudes with a Rocket Launcher bounty?  I could probably get that one done without too much grief since I have a fully ascended Gjallarhorn.