DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I can't be on Tuesday until probably 7 - so if the start time is firm, I'm out

Nothing's really firm right now.  My girlfriend's continuance court date for suing her former tenants is on Wednesday, so I am not even sure if I can make it on Tuesday night.

I will probably spend this afternoon working on my Warlock alt.  He has a Legendary Auto-Rifle and Legendary armor that is totally unleveled.  I will get some Vanguard bounties done with him and maybe even brave the Crucible for the first time with this guy.

Read the dev notes about the Iron Banner and totally disagree with Rank Resetting.  It takes me forever to get to Rank 2 in the special events and the event is usually about to conclude just as I am about to get Rank 3.

As a heads up to all 360 dudes, my homeboy, Brandon, wants to gird up for a run at the VoG starting on Tuesday (10 / 28).  Start time will be 6PM EST.  If we can field a fireteam of six people, we will hit the Vex and go as far as we can until we get to a good stopping point or beat the fucking boss.

You won't have any problem finishing it.  Especially if you don't cheese the Templar.  The Templar fight really is the most important of any of it because it teaches you the most stuff for beating the final two phases.  Once you get the concept, it's pretty easy.  People play the raid and always cheese the Templar and then can't beat the damn gatekeeper phase.   

I have maxed out Vanguard marks for the week for my Hunter main, so today will be Crucible for me.

Since Rippa and I have a good tactical relationship in the Crucible, I will probably wait until he is online before we roll out for some Control matches to beat today's Compete In 5 Control Matches bounty and I will spend some time collecting Vanguard bounties with my Warlock alt. 

Once my Warlock's gear perks start leveling up, I will take him to the Crucible.

Since Rippa and I have a good tactical relationship in the Crucible, I will probably wait until he is online before we roll out for some Control matches to beat today's Compete In 5 Control Matches bounty and I will spend some time collecting Vanguard bounties with my Warlock alt. 

Yeah - I already have the 5 Control matches in my queue.

I just have to finish 100 enemies without dying and the patrols in the Dome - then I can Crucible it up

Yeah - I already have the 5 Control matches in my queue.

I just have to finish 100 enemies without dying and the patrols in the Dome - then I can Crucible it up

Sounds good.  I am going to pick up the 5 Crucible Matches and Kill 25 Hunters bounties (Sorry, my brothers...).  I still have the Kill 20 Dudes With Grenades and Kill 15 Dudes With A Super bounties to top off.

I received another Exotic Bounty, so this time I'm going to pursue Bad Juju. I'm still working on completing the Exotic Bounty to get the Pocket Infinity. As for getting the Pocket Infinity, I currently have, like, 10 kills. I also remembered what Phil said and tried to kill the Thralls and some of the non-Knight dudes before you get to the restricted zone, but the fucking Wizard killed two of the Thralls. Goddamn this is going to be tough.

Yeah - it took about 10 lives but I would kill all the non-Wizard dudes. By then my super would be up and I could kill the Wizard with my super. Of course - there were a few times when guys would fall off the world chasing me. That pissed me off because I would be like I NEED CREDIT FOR THAT KILL!!!!

Then when you get to the restricted zone - deploy your Ghost and then run back out the door you came in an a little up the hallway. That allowed me to get all the thralls and the exploding dudes. That nets you about 15 kills.

Then you go back in and linger by the door and try and kill as many dudes as possible before dying. If I was able to get some of them - it could bump me over 20 kills an attempt so it wasn't as bad.

One way to make the run quicker (which I saw other people do) - is hop on your sparrow and fly all the way into the hellmouth. You dont waste time killing the low level dudes right at the entrance. I would kill them because I was still getting drops from them.

I was going back to kill the level 6 Acolytes just to reload on my fusion rifle ammo.

Yeah - I just bought a bunch of special ammo synthesis. 

I have eleven of those things in my main's inventory.  I always bought a Special Ammo Synthesis and a Heavy Ammo Synthesis whenever I was close to the Glimmer cap.

I am constantly using Ether Seeds, Wax Idols, Blue Polyphages, or Resupply Codes when I am on patrol and I break down loot as soon as I get it unless it is an Engram. 

I usually have plenty of Glimmer to spare unless I manage to unlock a lot of weapon or armor upgrades when I turn in bounties.

Ive been stuck for maybe a week to do my last gauntlet upgrade because i need ascendant shards, but keep getting strange coins when i do daily events. Not that getting coins is bad, since i can finally buy something this week from xur.

---

Finally did the Kill the Target event. In the airfield vs a Captain. It was two of us, i think i used a Super, two grenades and my machine gun, plus whatever the other guy did.

Upside is i can skip the walker today. :)

I played so much today... from about noon till 2am give or take 10-15 minutes, minus time for bathroom breaks and food...

I think I melted my brain.

Yesterday I was getting frustrated in the Crucible and took it as a sign to not play as much Monday. Need to finish the Crucible bounties today then jump on Vanguard stuff.

I think I finally got an Exotic bounty that is actually doable, just have to kill 500 hive aliens.  Now if it requires like another thing like 25 nightfall strikes, I'm abandoning it.

Ah - that sounds like A Light in the Dark

That is the bitch one that you have to do void damage in the Crucible and there is a death penalty

The full list

A LIGHT IN THE DARK

Weapon: Thorn – Exotic Handgun (primary weapon)

Bounty Steps:

Complete the Summon Pits strike on the Moon

Earn 500 points by killing Hive enemies on the Moon - 2 Points per kills (Hallowed Knights give 20 points)

Use Void Damage to defeat Guardians in the Crucible, while avoiding death. You need a total of 500 points
1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -2 points

Obtain an Infusion of Light from the Speaker (trade for one Mote of Light)

Defeat Xyor, the Unwed in a special level 26 version of the Summoning Pits strike on the moon.  He will appear once you have killed all of the minions around Phogoth

I might - MIGHT - try that one again since I have gotten a lot better in the Crucible and I have better void damage weapons since the last time I tried it

• Like 1

I am still in search of a proper Fusion Rifle to get the 200 Kills in a Nightfall Strike for the Pocket Infinity bounty.  I may have to burn Vanguard Marks to get one.

Rippa and I went 5-0 in the Crucible yesterday while working on the Compete in 5 Control Matches bounty.  It it had been Win 3 Crucible Matches, we would've gone 0-10.  I am used to getting my ass kicked and struggling to win, so I did not realize how dominant our team was in the first match of the night until almost the match was halfway over.. 

I would've gotten an At Any Cost medal along with my Triple Down / Way of the Gun medal combo if one of the guys on the other team had been trying to capture the zone with his buddies instead of crouch sniping just outside of the ring. Damn.

One of the Titans on our team started dancing in the capture zone when he saw Rippa's Breaker scroll across the HUD. 

I think my favorite thing in this game is when players send me angry PM's after I stick grenades on their heads.

Complete 5 Control Matches is also in today's Crucible Bounty queue.  I will work on that tonight and a few other Crucible bounties after I get these Vanguard bounties done for my Warlock alt.  I need to get him patrolling in Venus so that he can start farming Spirit Blooms for his Legendary gauntlets.

I am back to my GTA5 ways.   I traded pleasantries with oThatOneGirlTho, a girl gamer that led the team that nearly whipped our asses in Control match #5.   I will try to recruit her as well as my homies Val Strahda and Vengence101226 into the 360 Clan so that we easily field full fireteams of 6 anytime we want to hit the Vault of Glass.

Finally, I am running a touch low on Ascendant Energy and I need 18 more to complete the upgrades for my Sniper Rifle and Gjallarhorn, so I would like to hit the Weekly Strike on Level 28 and the Daily Missions all week on Level 28 if we can field a three man squad.

EDIT: oThatOneGirlTho and I are Friends. :)  I am liking our chances on this Raid.

Okay, so I take it that if I want to hit Level 30, I have to find armor pieces with higher Light values than what I am already wearing, put them on, and upgrade them.

Grr.. It took me four weeks to fully upgrade the shit I already have..