DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Mark and I Gold Tiered a public event like as soon as I finished the prologue.

Yeah - that Kill the Target thing can eat a dick because it will sit there for like 3 1/2 minutes taking no damage and then suddenly wind sprint off to hit the remaining checkpoints.

Players are already 20+ and the game is only a week old today.  

Bungie had better take the EA / Bioware stance for ME and offer special events every weekend or people are going to get bored in a hurry.

These proposed expansion packs need to arrive in a hurry and have lots and lots of content.

Shit, people were 20+ a day after release.

Made it to level 20 last night.  Had a pretty epic strike mission with that Phogoth one on the moon.  Was pretty difficult.  Still not sure about weapons that do different kinds of damage and what works best against what enemies.  As of now I just switch out to the weapon that has the highest attack rating. 

Made it to level 20 last night.  Had a pretty epic strike mission with that Phogoth one on the moon.  Was pretty difficult.  Still not sure about weapons that do different kinds of damage and what works best against what enemies.  As of now I just switch out to the weapon that has the highest attack rating. 

In Beta, I had a hand cannon that did Void damage that could not stop Hive critters at all.  

My fire based Fusion Rifle OTOH was waaaaay more effective on the Hive than it was on garden variety Fallen.

Thank God that Bungie is sticking to traditional vulnurabilities in their archaetypical adversaries.  Cabal look like giant robos, so maybe Arc damage for those big bastards?

Bungie had better take the EA / Bioware stance for ME and offer special events every weekend or people are going to get bored in a hurry.

These proposed expansion packs need to arrive in a hurry and have lots and lots of content.

There are a couple of girls on my Friends List playing on XBone that have two level twenties and they just got the game last Thursday.

I hate people with more disposable income and free time than I have.

There are a couple of girls on my Friends List playing on XBone that have two level twenties and they just got the game last Thursday.

I hate people with more disposable income and free time than I have.

It'd probably take me a year to get to a decent level at this game.

I might buy it on Sunday after I return from Atlanta, but I really do not need to.

My time is non-existent and does not need the distractions.

Two of my friends already have alts that are 20+. They're both married with kids. I don't even understand how that's possible.

It really doesn't seem like it takes long.  The game came out last Tuesday- I played for two hours at night every day except Thursday or Friday, can't remember which one.  I think one of the days was more like three hours.  I'm at level 20 and it's been a total of probably 12-15hrs of gameplay over the course of 5-6 days.  That's not really that much.  And I'm married with kids as well but my game time is typically between 9pm-11pm after everyone is asleep in the house.  I just checked the app and it says I've played 15hrs 48min.  And it's not like I'm the most efficient player I'm sure.  I'm sure there are tons of people that could do way more with 15hrs of gameplay than I've done. 

Yeah - I have only played a little more than 5 hours according to Bungie and I am already Level 9

So Leveling up seems fairly quick.

I just more wondering how many of these folks are getting all their experience via the Crucible and not actually touching the Story, raids, etc...

I will say that past level 10, the Crucible gives you more experience per hour than completing stories and strikes. Add in Bounties and it's not even close.

Yeah that seems like the case.  The third time I played I did mainly crucible and seemed to quickly level up and I was only getting like just over 1 K/D ratio. 

For those of you who are Hunters, what's the best weapon for The Crucible? It seems like I can shoot guys all damn day with a shotgun, auto rifle or hand cannon and they don't die and I get hit once and I'm done.

I am not terribly convinced that there is a "best weapon."   Most players spam Fusion Rifle or HMG fire but ultimately, gear and class are kings.   

Players with Exotic or Legendary gear will always have the edge and Destiny's mongoloid matchmaking will always shove you into a room where there are uber players with uber gear.  There will be cloaked Bladedancers waiting in ambush and Titans using their shielding to protect teammates who will fire indiscriminately at your dome.

Stat-based PvP is inherently unfair so just take your lumps and try to find a teammate to shadow.   There is relative safety in numbers if you are soldiering with another player.

Try to get precision shots if you can.  That is your best offense.

• Like 1

I just did the 3 Control matches I needed to finish that bounty so I hit Level 10.

The map with the Pikes and the turrets is hella fun.

If I play a few more matches tonight I should be able to knock out the 25 Hunter Kills, the 20 melee kills and the win three matches bounties. So that will be nice.

I just did the 3 Control matches I needed to finish that bounty so I hit Level 10.

The map with the Pikes and the turrets is hella fun.

If I play a few more matches tonight I should be able to knock out the 25 Hunter Kills, the 20 melee kills and the win three matches bounties. So that will be nice.

I am headed for home in about an hour (3PM EST). Maybe sooner if my boss clears my comp time.

I will knock out those three Control matches so if you are on, you can join me and get slapped around.  Since I don't have to worry about Gold Loot Chests, I am also going to knock out The Last Array story mission.  If the GTA guys are on tonight, I may spend some time with my online thug.

I will save The Devil's Lair until we have a full clan fireteam online at the same time.

Well I need to do Last Array also but I probably wont be back on to play until around 7 so its 50/50 depending on the status of Titans

And its doubtful will we have a full fire team until this weekend - and even then it depends on what you are doing

Well I need to do Last Array also but I probably wont be back on to play until around 7 so its 50/50 depending on the status of Titans

And its doubtful will we have a full fire team until this weekend - and even then it depends on what you are doing

I've got my kid this weekend and we will be out of town.   If Devil's Lair goes down as a DVDR clan raid, it will have to happen on Sunday evening. 

I have to get my kid back to the ex's by 5PM on Sunday so I will be home by 6PM..

You are doing mostly Crucible stuff right now, so I assume that Mark isn't gaming with you.

You are doing mostly Crucible stuff right now, so I assume that Mark isn't gaming with you.

Mark was on when I signed on but he was mid-array mission so I started doing Crucible stuff.

By the time he was finished - I was in my third match so I needed to finish that and then he needed to head off to work.

The only reason I am Crucible heavy at the moment is just because I have a lot of easily reachable bounties that I want to clear out.

I was on doing story mode when phil logged on but he was doing his crucible stuff.

I almost rage quit the end of lebel five, because a thrall snuck up behind me and killed me while i was fighting a knight.

Dying 5 times in a row means time to stop for a while.

Brisco is a good dude and saved my ass today. I was repeatedly dying on the boss fight for the last story mission on the moon and then he joined up. We wiped a couple times, but we eventually won the fight.

Regarding cursed thralls, the best is when you get a bunch of them in a line. You take out one, you take them all out in a chain reaction, along with everything near them. One exploding cursed thrall took out a cursed knight with full health.

• Like 1