DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame, 5th April 2024

23 hours ago, Infinit said:

Perfect reason to share this classic!

IF YOU MOVE

Well, Ole will certainly not move now...

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 4:54 PM, Casey said:

Oh my god.

I hope she signed a legends deal. Give me the video game appearances, t-shirts, action figures. Yes!

It’s about goddamn time.

Here's the shirt:

https://shop.wwe.com/en/mens-bull-nakano-green-2024-wwe-hall-of-fame-t-shirt/p-245578706225719893+z-95-1895043369?_ref=p-CLP:m-GRID:i-r0c1:po-1

Rock being presented with a "People's Champion" belt gives me the dreadful suspicion that they think Cody can afford to lose on Sunday, and then instead win this "title" from Rock later on this year.

Edited by Hamhock

Mike Rotunda looks as if he has aged reasonably well even with the recent awful news he had to go through. It's nice to see Barry Windham up and about after his recent health problems.

I only tuned on the Peacock during the US Express induction so I don't have anything to say about what happened before it.

Also, gotta love Mike Rotunda noting the punt pass and kick story (JR would fistpump happily on getting to hear about that again) and how the crowd reaction changed slightly from him mentioning the Steelers and then the Eagles.

I have to look up Thunderbolt Patterson, all I knew of him was trying to extort more money out of Ann Gunkel (during the Battle of Georgia), and when that failed and he tried to physically confront her, Gunkel's friend pulled a gun on him.

• Like 1

Thunderbolt originally being from Iowa was sort of a surprise.

But not to be down on anybody in the business, Bolt going to the south after being raised in Waterloo might explain a little bit of him being more willing to say “hey that’s bullshit” in response to something that maybe a southern native wrestler would have been used to experiencing.

Then again, he probably wouldn’t be able to shake charges that Bolt and race is like Superstar Graham and Vince McMahon where if he’s being paid by a promotion, he’ll be okay at least for a little bit and if he’s not being paid, then

Graham was a preacher before wrestling and Patterson was one after wrestling. Both with promo styles that inspired various people to steal from them.

The closest I came to the sort of experience from the Bolt HOF speech was an Assemblies of God youth meetings and the balding 30 something who would go 30 minutes after indicating the sermon was almost over was nowhere near as charismatic.

• Like 1